Sign in to follow this  
mindstorm

None can connect to my Mission

Well I allready created a thread in the server forum but noone is replying there:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154963-watch-Server-error-Player-without-identity-****

In short. I have a mission file it works from the editor and when I launch it locally. However once I launch it dedicated no-one can join. You don't even get into the lobby the client just sits at the loading screen forever.

I placed a diag_log "test"; on the first line of the init.sqf but it never appears in the logs. The logs keep spamming Server error: Player without identity.

Anyone got any kind of clue as to what could be causing this? I've been troubleshooting this problem for more than a week now and have made zero progress.

Post a link to the mission or pm me a link then i'll test it.

You shouldn't make multiple posts for the same thread linking back to that thread, you should ask a mod to move your post. if no one answered its most likely because no one knows the answer or has not experienced it or you did not explain it well enough.

If your mission doesn't even launch then trouble shoot the init.sqf and description.ext file since thats like 90% of the startup right here.

Well I apologize for making multiple posts, but since it has been a week and no-one replied I indeed wanted some other people to look at it. I thought making a new thread and linking to the original would be fine.

Anyway. Again, sp & client-hosting works fine but dedicated not... First line of init.sqf is a diag_log wich does not happen. So that rules out the init.sqf....

Description.ext is in the other thread, ran over it thousand times but nothing seems wrong with it.

A friend of mine tried hosting this mission file with the same result. Now JW Custom tried hosting it and he was successfully. This means it's not something in the mission file but something hardware specific? I'm at a loss....

is he hosting it on dedicatedserver.exe or the regular arma3.exe with the -server tag? :)

JW is using "...\arma3server.exe" -config=JWserver.cfg

And

hostname = "JW testing 123";
password = "blaat";
passwordAdmin = "blaat";
reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";
VerifySignatures = 2;
motd[] = {};
motdInterval = 5;
maxPlayers	 = 6;
voteMissionPlayers	= 0;
voteThreshold = 0;
disableVoN = 0;
vonCodecQuality = 8;
persistent = 1;

I just tried it with this config myself. I get the same result only this time nothing shows in the server.rtp (aka no Player without identity message).

When you are in the server browser and fail to connect then try stay there and restart dedicated server and try join again.

only difference with my test setup was having the votemissionplayers and votetreshhold at their default values :)

maybe that resulted in the identity errors, ill have another go with it tonight :)

So. I hosted the mission on my client instead of my lan-server/dedicated. There it works.

For some reason I cannot join the mission when it's hosted on annother server in my LAN. So wierd. I'll double checks the ports and stuff but this is wierd...

Everyone thank you for contributing so far!!

It's not that. I hosted this mission dedicated on my own client (so started dedicatedserver.exe) and then I launched my client on the same machine and I could connect!

So when the dedicated server resides on the same machine as the client is works. But when it resided on another machine in LAN it doesn't. Still wierd but yeah.

thing is, it must be something in the missionfile since i run any other mission on my dedi's without any problem, just this one refuses to show the assignment window and starts the player identity spam :(

it sucks because the mission is great fun! even solo

Could it be that it has a problem with client side scripts?

No. I tested it with diag_log "test"; in the first line of the init but that didn't get logged. Also when it works on my win8 machine with same config/paramters and not on win2012 I suppose it's something else?

And then again my 2012 can host other missions... This whole thing is just so weird...

Are you using any kind of mods on client?

Also could you post your rpt?

Do you have a router with configured port forwarding?