Sign in to follow this  
Igitur

Walk As Default Mod

This mod makes the player :

1. walk as default at mission start, weapon lowered,

2. lower his weapon when getting out of a vehicle.

3. able to vault one or two times depending on load and fatigue condition (Disabled for AT & AA soldiers, pistols, or no weapon).

Addon version : 08.27.13 Extract the zip file in your Arma 3 directory and add : -mod=@Igit_WAD in the steam launch parameters. CBA is requiered.

Simplified version : Per user request, this is a version without the weapon lowering when exiting a vehicle and without the vault feature. Add : -mod=@Igit_WAD2 in the steam launch parameters.

Potential issues :

1. The default key bindings (w+s) for the Walk/Run toggle have been artificially reproduced in order to keep all default keys functionable. This implies you shouldn't bind those two keys to any action other than the default one, neither remove the default combo for the Walk/Run Toggle.

2. By and large, using a doubletap for the processed actions Walk/run toggle, Walk/Run Temp, Sprint toggle or Sprint Temp is problematic. Bind those actions to a singletap key instead.

3. For some unclear reason, Walk/run temporary works for any single key, except for the special keys L/RShift, L/R Alt, L/R Ctrl.

I recommend to bind the Walk/run toggle to your LeftShift key and the Walk/run temporary (if you still need it) to any other key.

Updates :

update 08.27.13

- The mod will now work on Team Switch.

- Note for multiplayer : the mod seems to work flawlessly on 'Base' and 'Side' Respawn types, but for some unknown reason wont work with the 'Group' type.

update 08.17.13

- CBA pre-init EH used instead of post-init makes the mod much more stable in multiplayer.

update 07.24.13

- Walk/Run Toggle broken after several respawn fixed.

update 07.21.13

- Undefined variables error fixed;

- Compatibility issue with FT mod fixed (and hence separate again).

- Ability to vault now dépends on load as well as fatigue condition.

update 07/07/13. Addon version now integrates the FT mod in order to prevent compatibility issues. You must disable the FT mod in your Steam launch parameters to get this one working as intended.

update 06/28/13. Optimized and signed.

update 06/12/13. A small bug with vault and pistol or launcher fixed. Delay at script start added.

Weapon transition removed (now processed via my Fast Transitions Mod).

update 05/24/13. Walk/Sprint/Walk transitions, Vault feature and Low weapon transition added.

update 05/21/13. Small changes in the code. AddOn version released.

Edited by Igitur
Update

it's pretty easy to make scripts into addons if you are fine with using CBA. it works also without it but CBA is a great help making it compatible with other stuff.

check out this page of this thread for an easy example. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154021-Statistical-Based-Visualizations-Script/page2

If that had only been a proper addon and not a mission script. :-/

"Script" versions has their Unique benefits.

Let's say i m hosting a mission for my clan of 15 people ..or an "open" mission for the public:

• In addon version i must force the people to use the addon (a bad choice)

• In script version everybody dances the way "I" want

In script version everybody dances the way "I" want

you power hungry bastard!!

An AddOn version of this mod is now available.

@ Foxhound : Thank you !

Edited by Igitur

Finally an addon version. :)

I have already tried it out and found some issues.

The "alt" key seems to have the same problems as the "leftshift" key.

Walk as default doesn't work at respawn.

Temporary walk/run is bugged and wont often work.

Finally an addon version. :)

I have already tried it out and found some issues.

The "alt" key seems to have the same problems as the "leftshift" key.

Walk as default doesn't work at respawn.

Temporary walk/run is bugged and wont often work.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check that out. Did the respawn issue happen in multiplayer or singleplayer ?

I forgot to deal with the walk/sprint/walk transitions. Almost fixed.

The next update will include the jump feature, depending on your fatigue, and a way to get rid of the weird high/low weapon transition we currently have while running.

Edit :

- I just checked the Temp Walk/Run. Works fine for me. Please make sure you don't use the same key for multiple actions. Will update anyway.

- You're right for the Alt key. Actually, all special keys (L/RCtrl, L/RShift, L/RAlt) wont perform for WalkRunTemp ( and only for that). I have no clue why.

Edited by Igitur

Please fix the respawn issue (which would turn the whole addon senseless on any longer missions like domination and co) and try to find the problem with the Ctrl, Shift und Alt keys.

These are the most common keys for Temp Walk/Run in almost every fps game (imo).

You should focus on the issues, before implementing new stuff (maybe even release the jump and weapon transition in another separate addon).

if you use XEH from CBA you can easily make it work after respawn. here's an example

class Extended_Init_Eventhandlers

{

class CAManBase

{

class WALKMOD_CAManBase_init

{

onRespawn = true;

init = "_this execVM '\WALKMOD\scripts\init_player.sqf'";

};

};

};

this is an awesome feature that adds your functionality after every respawn and frees up normal respawn event handlers for use in the mission.

if you use XEH from CBA you can easily make it work after respawn. here's an example

this is an awesome feature that adds your functionality after every respawn and frees up normal respawn event handlers for use in the mission.

I was on the verge of releasing a new update, but this is interesting.

May I copy that as it is in the config.cpp when I pack the whole thing ? I'm new to this, and I followed the exemple in this very informative thread for the first release. How should I change that config exacly ?

yea you can use it like that. just make sure the script path is right and the WALKMOD is replaced by your tag (not sure if really needed but can't hurt). this is a unit based event handler so make sure you exec the script right. i think it will send an array only containing the unit in it to the script.

so inside the script _unit = _this select 0; will be the unit that has the event handler. just PM me if you need more info and don't want to discuss it here. i recently learned this stuff and it's really helpful especially to make you addon compatible with other addons. XEH is just the best thing ever:)

yea you can use it like that. just make sure the script path is right and the WALKMOD is replaced by your tag (not sure if really needed but can't hurt). this is a unit based event handler so make sure you exec the script right. i think it will send an array only containing the unit in it to the script.

so inside the script _unit = _this select 0; will be the unit that has the event handler. just PM me if you need more info and don't want to discuss it here. i recently learned this stuff and it's really helpful especially to make you addon compatible with other addons. XEH is just the best thing ever:)

Sorry won't work for some reason, probably me. I dont have more time today, so I'll try the first method. There is a Respawn EH added in the script. Let me know if that works.

respawn EHs will cause problems since most missions use them. add me on steam (bad benson). i'm sure we can solve this.

Sorry I must leave in a couple of minutes. I wont have the time for the addon today, but I have updated the script version. You may want to try it, and please let me know if you fnd some issues.

Thx for the help anyway :)

Finally got it. Had gone one pack too far.

Had gone one pack too far.

i don't know what that means but i'm glad you figured it out!

Great! Is it possible to make one that affects the AI, so they don't run around with their rifles pointed at each other unnecessarily, when in aware mode?

Great! Is it possible to make one that affects the AI, so they don't run around with their rifles pointed at each other unnecessarily, when in aware mode?

I plan to work on that, but will wait for the Beta release though. Hopefully, BIS will change the default anim in the meanwhile.