The new Release Candidate[...]

What new release candidate? Couldn't find any infos?:confused:

What new release candidate? Couldn't find any infos?:confused:

It's the usual code to unlock. Just change the numbers to "142"

Arma3Update142RC

The release candidates often comes out before it's announced. Just keep trying that code and one day it's most likely going to work.

ACP-C2 and Zubr Pistol each have 2 very different sounds, which sounds weird. Better use just one...

Also, Vermin has no muzzle crack (only bullet wizzing) - but the other smg have crack.

The crack on the pistols is kinda delayed, in close proximity

ACP-C2 and Zubr Pistol each have 2 very different sounds, which sounds weird. Better use just one...

Also, Vermin has no muzzle crack (only bullet wizzing) - but the other smg have crack.

The crack on the pistols is kinda delayed, in close proximity

You are comparing a semi automatic pistol with a revolver. Of course they should sound different.

Vermin should not have sonic cracks, because the cartridge it fires is not supersonic.

First Person gunshots had become really loud (second video 16-21s). That creates a problem because the other sounds remained the same and you have to turn up the sound volume which makes sounds of gunfire unbearably loud.

Edited by Danil-ch

What happened to the weapon sounds last couple days? All incoming sounds from unsuppressed weapons are now barely audible or not at all, even at 100-200meters.

What happened to the weapon sounds last couple days? All incoming sounds from unsuppressed weapons are now barely audible or not at all, even at 100-200meters.

This

Tweaked: Sound: Changed shooting sounds dynamic
It's all started after that build and yesterday appeared in the RC branch. Edited by Danil-ch

In addition to gunshots, can you make footsteps be heard more further away? If a guy is sprinting in full gear 5 metres away from you it is almost silent. Or are the footstep sounds quieter due to "Tweaked: Sound: Changed shooting sounds dynamic"?

This It's all started after that build and yesterday appeared in the RC branch.

I am sooo confused; I keep reading stuff about the "new RC branch" wich seems to be recent enough...

And yet trying the "Arma3Update142RC" code on Steam doesn't give me any option to download it.

Is the 142RC already out or not??:confused:

I am sooo confused; I keep reading stuff about the "new RC branch" wich seems to be recent enough...

And yet trying the "Arma3Update142RC" code on Steam doesn't give me any option to download it.

Is the 142RC already out or not??:confused:

I believe it's: Arma3Marksmen142RC

I believe it's: Arma3Marksmen142RC

Thanks Greenfist, that was it! :)

You're not stupid, I get your very valid point which is why I in the video I say you can not use inverse square law in it's raw form. The idea is good, it's good to have rules of volume fall off. It's just the question of defining min & max values and interpolating inbetween them. But that's up to BIS to decide.

Thank you for the explanation!

This It's all started after that build and yesterday appeared in the RC branch.

Ugh, sounds really broken to me, made me quit the game in rage because I'm getting shot by what I think are silenced weapons only to see they were only 100m away after I'm dead shooting loud Mk20 or Mk200.

What's worse is that I can't even mod this, looked at weapon sound configs and ranges are still high :(

Edited by Robalo

I really hope you haven't heard any snaps at the firing range, because that means they were shooting at you :D

Some Swedish guy explained couple pages ago the same kind of situation where it's possible to hear them (not too close but you can hear them pretty well) when other group is on 150m practice range and other one is on the 300m practice range. There's naturally a sand wall between so the 150m range guys can't shoot at the 300m range guys. When both range groups are firing at their own 150m targets the 300m guys are on the same level as 150m guys' targets. Like this:

S-------T

Walllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

|-------S-------T

That way you can hear nicely some snaps without a threat.

You are comparing a semi automatic pistol with a revolver. Of course they should sound different.

Vermin should not have sonic cracks, because the cartridge it fires is not supersonic.

You are not understanding what i said. Fire ACP-C2 and/or Zubr Pistol and you hear that each one has 2 different firingsounds that sound very different and dont match. Its like having 2 different weapon sounds for one weapon. It's particulary bad if you fire in rapid succession, which creates an sound obvious and weird pattern. Try it yourself...

I like what Mega said about footsteps in his video. I have to agree that say, crouch walking should be substantially quieter than a full blown run. This would make moving tactically far better in PvP situations, and improve the feel of movement as a whole.

Ugh, sounds really broken to me, made me quit the game in rage because I'm getting shot by what I think are silenced weapons only to see they were only 100m away after I'm dead shooting loud Mk20 or Mk200.

What's worse is that I can't even mod this, looked at weapon sound configs and ranges are still high :(

Just had a quick firefight with some AI....well, I say "firefight", sounded more like a farting contest. Not sure what the hell has happened to the sound but gunshots were hardly registering as making any noise...

Just had a quick firefight with some AI....well, I say "firefight", sounded more like a farting contest. Not sure what the hell has happened to the sound but gunshots were hardly registering as making any noise...

I agree, this is completely unacceptable. It was bad before, but now it would be hilarious if it wasnt so sad and game/immersion breaking.

I agree, this is completely unacceptable. It was bad before, but now it would be hilarious if it wasnt so sad and game/immersion breaking.

True, and we still have darned idea what the "Dynamic" change had. I think we need an explanation, or another AudioRep.

I had the exact same experience. I was hearing cracks go above my head and I thought there was some CSAT recon team engaging me but it turns out it was just a lone autorifleman 100m away. I doubt this is the intended state of weapon volume. It's probably a bug. It would make no sense to make weapons sound louder in general to then turn around and make them inaudible after 75m.

Some Swedish guy explained couple pages ago the same kind of situation where it's possible to hear them (not too close but you can hear them pretty well) when other group is on 150m practice range and other one is on the 300m practice range. There's naturally a sand wall between so the 150m range guys can't shoot at the 300m range guys. When both range groups are firing at their own 150m targets the 300m guys are on the same level as 150m guys' targets. Like this:

S-------T

Walllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

|-------S-------T

That way you can hear nicely some snaps without a threat.

I never said anything about a wall though :)

2ptnjg1.jpg

Here's a satellite picture of the range so it's easier to see.

Blue: Shooter

Yellow: Me

Red: Target

33k907q.jpg

This was considered perfectly safe. No rules were broken.

Here's a satellite picture of the range so it's easier to see.

Blue: Shooter

Yellow: Me

Red: Target

http://i59.tinypic.com/33k907q.jpg

This was considered perfectly safe. No rules were broken.

Damn, someone would've been in the court-martial if that would've happened this side of the gulf :respekt: