Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Skull Balaclava

Just finished this, nothing really to say about it, it's a balaclava.

2013-04-12_00004_zps253f66d6.jpg

2013-04-12_00005_zpsb466010c.jpg

http://www.multiupload.nl/9J4E6Y3HV3

Added phothoshop files as usual, hope to see some better textures than what I did!

Awesome! Good job! :)

Especially since it's a real 3D object, it should look very nice.

kudos for including the files once again

Unfortunately not, I suppose if I made them as glasses you could, but that wouldn't make much sense.

Can I get a Diet Coke and Large fries with that McExcellence, please?

Unfortunately not, I suppose if I made them as glasses you could, but that wouldn't make much sense.

Well, since you've left the addon open source, if people really want an additional glasses slot version of the balaclava it's a pretty simply task. They just need to add something like this to the end of the config.cpp and pack it into a .pbo:

class CfgGlasses
{
class None;	// External class reference

class Kio_Balaclava_goggle: None
{
	displayname = "Balaclava (goggle slot)";
	model = "\Kio_Balaclava\Kio_Balaclava.p3d";
	picture = "\Kio_Balaclava\UI\gear_Kio_Balaclava_x_ca.paa";
	identityTypes[] = {"NoGlasses",0,"G_NATO_default",0,"G_NATO_casual",0,"G_NATO_pilot",0,"G_NATO_recon",0,"G_NATO_SF",0,"G_NATO_sniper",0,"G_NATO_diver",0,"G_IRAN_default",0,"G_IRAN_diver",0,"G_GUERIL_default",0,"G_HAF_default",0,"G_CIVIL_female",0,"G_CIVIL_male",0};
};
};

Works pretty good:

clava.jpg

I'm noticing I'm getting a missing texture error with the balaclava though:

Missing "ca\weapons_e\data\default_ti_ca.paa"

Which by the looks of it is a path to an Op. Arrowhead texture file rather than an Arma 3 one.

I'm getting that error with all of my addons, and for the life of me I have no idea why.

Missing "ca\weapons_e\data\default_ti_ca.paa"

Which by the looks of it is a path to an Op. Arrowhead texture file rather than an Arma 3 one.

Aye that is, to fix it just open up the rvmat in a text editor and at the top it should say something along the lines of this.

class StageTI
{
texture="a3\characters_f\blufor\data\armor1_ti_ca.paa";
};

Just change that line. Should be at the very beginning of the material file. That is the default TI map for the body armor in a3, some digging around and you can probably find the other ones. So here it is in context.. this is only a snippet of my material file.. don't try to copy and paste this into yours and expect it to work. It's just to show where the TI maps are defined.

class StageTI
{
texture="a3\characters_f\blufor\data\armor1_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[]={1,1,1,1};
diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={1,1,1,1};
specularPower=100;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";
class Stage1
{
texture="bink_headgear\tex\tex1_nohq.paa";
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[]={1,0,0};
	up[]={0,1,0};
	dir[]={0,0,0};
	pos[]={0,0,0};
};
};

Hope that helps.

Thanks Binkowski, I'll try and sort that out later, unless someone else beats me to it. ;)

Where can I find this item in game? I added this addon but I can't find it anywhere :/.

Where can I find this item in game? I added this addon but I can't find it anywhere :/.

Add this to your unit removeHeadgear this; this unassignitem "NVGoggles"; this removeitem "NVGoggles"; this assignItem "Kio_Balaclava"; this addHeadgear "Kio_Balaclava";

Great job Kiory - i will try a retexture today, i'll keep ya posted on it.

And again, as everyone before me said already: thank you very much for releasing it open-source, it really is a great helper.

Awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with, Ms Shy.

Unfortunately, I had to unwrap the model that way as it wouldn't pelt properly without the seam there, but other than the seam, this is quality work flutter!

Unfortunately, I had to unwrap the model that way as it wouldn't pelt properly without the seam there, but other than the seam, this is quality work flutter!

Well it is always a good feeling usin your skills you had to work out for work on something you actually like to do ^^

would it be possible to make it a face? so you can still use glasses like the tactical glasses for the helmet cam ?

Well, it's possible, but as this was modelled around the base face mesh, there wouldn't be any eyes visible etc.