Interesting to see it's not "switch to launcher" - it's "switch to SECONDARY weapon"....... is it possible we may finally get to be able to carry an additional long-arm?! I really do hope so.....

Doubtful. The launcher slot has always been called the "Secondary Weapon" slot, hence commands like secondaryWeapon which has existed since the days of OFP:Resistance and newer commands like secondaryWeaponItems.

Doubtful. The launcher slot has always been called the "Secondary Weapon" slot, hence commands like secondaryWeapon which has existed since the days of OFP:Resistance and newer commands like secondaryWeaponItems.

Damn! Another dream shattered ;-)

That's disappointing.

To briefly address this note in the changelog, we can say it's part of a larger tranche of development that, so far, we're experimenting with. For now, we can probably best describe the effort as (the not-at-all-trivial-work-associated-with) unpicking various hard-coded aspects of core functionality.

More broadly, we some outlined the work in the Scanning the Horizon blog:

Let's consider this work related to those pesky leaks! Of course, other star developers may yet chime in with more details. :cool:

Best,

RiE

Does anyone know what the "multifunction camera" option under common is for?

As a pilot, using this action you'll enter a full screen feed of the vehicle's sensor (configured as class pilotCamera).

You can find this feature in some of our helicopters as a down-looking camera for slingloading.

As a pilot, using this action you'll enter a full screen feed of the vehicle's sensor (configured as class pilotCamera).

You can find this feature in some of our helicopters as a down-looking camera for slingloading.

Funny, i found this one out myself by assigning C to it and thought it was pretty neat. Though, it's a little disorienting, given that flying and only having a view downwards gives you almost no sense of direction, an current helicopter positioning. It's be cool if that was modeled into a PIP camera inside the canopy for better visualization, the key bind turning on/off the Camera in the canopy, for example.

Thanks oukej

This is a bit of a stretch but none-the-less something I've been thinking about for a while, and that is leaning in vehicles. A little known feature in the piloting or driving of vehicles is that you can "lean" left or right (and in some cases forward and backward). This is bound as "Head Roll Left(Right)" under the View menu under controls. As it stands, when in the pilot or driver's seat, if you press Left Ctrl+Q(E) you can rotate your view to the left or right. This can be useful when piloting to "lean" over to see better below you and behind you. In first person, It would appear that you're leaning your head left and right, however that is not the actual case. Your model stays in the same position. That eliminates the possibility to use this feature to dodge bullets/ take cover. A good example of this would be when driving a car. Say you're taking fire from in front of you; it'd be nice to use this roll feature to physically lean your body to the left or right to use the dashboard as cover. I imagine that in theory, this would be possible because Arma 3 introduced "hand steering" i.e. your hands and arms move on the wheel/stick when you, the player, inputs a steering command, as opposed to a static character model or a looped animation. So now it is possible to manipulate the character while driving, unlike previous Arma games. So by this same logic (Player inputs command, Character responds with a physical movement) then the leaning feature would be possible. The player holds Left Ctrl+Q(E), and the character physically rotates left or right.

Edited by supercereal4

This is a bit of a stretch but none-the-less something I've been thinking about for a while, and that is leaning in vehicles. A little known feature in the piloting or driving of vehicles is that you can "lean" left or right (and in some cases up and down). This is bound as "Head Roll Left(Right)" under the View menu under controls. As it stands, when in the pilot or driver's seat, if you press Left Ctrl+Q(E) you can rotate your view to the left or right. This can be useful when piloting to "lean" over to see better below you and behind you. In first person, It would appear that you're leaning your head left and right, however that is not the actual case. Your model stays in the same position. That eliminates the possibility to use this feature to dodge bullets/ take cover. A good example of this would be when driving a car. Say you're taking fire from in front of you; it'd be nice to use this roll feature to physically lean your body to the left or right to use the dashboard as cover. I imagine that in theory, this would be possible because Arma 3 introduced "hand steering" i.e. your hands and arms move on the wheel/stick when you, the player, inputs a steering command, as opposed to a static character model or a looped animation. So now it is possible to manipulate the character while driving, unlike previous Arma games. So by this same logic (Player inputs command, Character responds with a physical movement) then the leaning feature would be possible. The player holds Left Ctrl+Q(E), and the character physically rotates left or right.

I've noticed this too, it's kind of annoying, but i don't think they can actually make the player model move while moving their view. It's not up and down, rather, forward ad backward. this feature is mainly used for Track IR, and other head tracking software that people use to sync real time head movement with view in game. Though, i felt like i was about to get sniped out of a car driving forward, it would be at least a bit cool to be able to quickly lean left in left in real life, and in game to dodge a possible head shot.

Funny, i found this one out myself by assigning C to it and thought it was pretty neat. Though, it's a little disorienting, given that flying and only having a view downwards gives you almost no sense of direction, an current helicopter positioning. It's be cool if that was modeled into a PIP camera inside the canopy for better visualization, the key bind turning on/off the Camera in the canopy, for example.

The CH-67 Huron already has this built into it's cockpit.

This is a function I'd like to see included in other vehicles eg: MRAPs that have in-cabin reverse monitors using PiP could also have this "Multifunction Camera" built into their config so that a clearer picture can be used when reversing.

This is a function I'd like to see included in other vehicles eg: MRAPs that have in-cabin reverse monitors using PiP could also have this "Multifunction Camera" built into their config so that a clearer picture can be used when reversing.

This has potential.

The CH-67 Huron already has this built into it's cockpit.

Pretty much what i meant. Spot on. =D

Hiya

todays update seems to have removed FFV from the pawnee and hummingbird co-pilots;-(

Can someone confirm please?

The FFV issue with the kuma (rotation of main weapons limited to that of FFV angle after turned out once...) is still present.

• Fixed: Double press of Enter was needed to switch to external cam in vehicle

?

Hiya

todays update seems to have removed FFV from the pawnee and hummingbird co-pilots;-(

Can someone confirm please?

You are right, the feature was temporarily disabled as it requires some more polishing and code refactoring.

Thanks for the confirmation BIS_Iceman...... so long as it's "temporary";-)

Been having some fun hunting from the littlebird co pilot seat lately!

Can you say if any other FFV features are being polished/added/fixed? Thinking of the aforementioned kuma issue, FFV added to any more vehicles (T-100 especially), range firing arcs limitations (like of forward facing on wildcat and other vehicles is particularly note-worthy)

Thanks and please keep up the most splendid work;-)

Can you say if any other FFV features are being polished/added/fixed?

There has been a lot of refactoring and fixes by programmers, resulting (apart from new bugs) in improvements of the feature (FFV Inertia, Free-look for soldiers with weapons lowered, etc..). The main focus is now on delivering the Turned out phase to stable state (and build).

There has been a lot of refactoring and fixes by programmers, resulting (apart from new bugs) in improvements of the feature (FFV Inertia, Free-look for soldiers with weapons lowered, etc..). The main focus is now on delivering the Turned out phase to stable state (and build).

Thanks for the info mate

Given how the new weapon selections actions manifest with turn out FFVs, I'm wondering whether this ticket I wrote last week relates to a bug or it is something that BIS is trying to develop as a feature:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22766

Back when I wrote it, there were obvious problems with it in that player was kind of stuck without FFV if they were the default crewmember of a FFV turn-out position in a vehicle and only had a primary weapon - so it appeared to be an obvious bug. But now that we have new weapon selection actions there is a fairly smooth workaround, whereby you have to actually draw your weapon using the selection keys before you can use the FFV position. In a way, that behaviour is kind of nice to have, so I'm not 100% sure now whether it's not something that is being implemented as a feature for turn-out FFV positions.

However, there are still buggy bits to it in that it's not consistent behaviour across all instances where a player may end up in a turn-out FFV position (i.e. if they board the vehicle from outside or are initialised in there by a moveinXYZ scripting command), there's no way to return to the 'static' state (which I assume there would be if it was intentionally there), and in some vehicles there's a bit of a rendering bug associated with how the player's body appears in first person relative to the vehicle geometry (i.e the player's body is drawn on top of the scene).

Basically I just want to know whether it's a full-on bug or just a WIP feature in order to work out whether I should continue to maintain the ticket. :)

What about a little indicator to know when the weapon is rested ? A little icon for example.

Ãs it just me, or is it still impossible to finish the Nato,AAF and CSAT showcase missions?

Tested dev branch last week-end and noticed a problem: stance modifier (adjust) keybind was gone. Why ?

I'm guessing it has something to do with this changelog entry which I do not understand:

Fixed: Adjust stance key binds for Industry Standard preset

I'm happily using mouse button #4 (thumb button) for that key with 1.38. Would really suck if that change would make it into 1.40 the way it was done in dev.

Please, if you implement new stance adjust controls, do not remove the old one or at least allow key binds like mouse button + key.

Is there any way to access the Virtual Reality Wall in the Editor? The only way i've been able to access it is Via. Zeus, but i can't save missions with Zeus.

Some broken particle effect in dev and RC branch

Smoke is coming from the wrong place.