would weapon fatigue be introduced so you cant hold up very heavy weapns forever?
The devs have yet to indicate public interest in such a change... my personal guess being I suppose "in favor of giving LMGs high enough base climb/etc. to penalize standing shooting"?

The optic from the strider goes up and down way too fast. Should take around 5 seconds to move out completely. And the heat signature is way too big. The optics are cooled and have no big heat source at all.

Saw the livefeed got new function. Would it be possible to set the livefeed size too? I havent used that feature since the livefeed-display is so tiny. Had it attached to chopper to show units/vehicles on ground, but its very hard to see anything.

This entry into the field manual has been bugging me for a while guys. I think it's meant to say "blanks", not "tracers".

ztbukp.jpg

Sorry but could you guys add the dev branch change log right after releasing the update? Or at least within an hour? It's kinda annoying having to wait like 5 hours after each update just to find out what has changed or added... Or does the change log take time to compile or something...?

Sorry but could you guys add the dev branch change log right after releasing the update? Or at least within an hour? It's kinda annoying having to wait like 5 hours after each update just to find out what has changed or added... Or does the change log take time to compile or something...?

Dna is on vacation that's why changelog gets updated later.It's temporary.

Dna is on vacation that's why changelog gets updated later.It's temporary.

Oh wait i just remembered he's usually the one who compiles the change log....silly me.

Edited by JHard

Added: Supersonic crack in 3D & flying bullets sound

Is it just me, or are the supersonic cracks way to quiet now? It seems like you can't hear it unless the projectile almost touches your ear.

Is it just me, or are the supersonic cracks way to quiet now? It seems like you can't hear it unless the projectile almost touches your ear.

It's an improvement of the technology, but the whole package is WIP and requires also re-adjusted samples. To be deployed soonâ„¢ ;)

I noticed an issue with the Arsenal.

If you add an Arsenal to an ammobox with

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

the following error appears.

BIS_fnc_baseWeapon CLASS %All not found in CfgWeapons.

The appearing of the error could easily be hidden, since it does not do any harm ( so far I understand)

_cfg = configfile >> "cfgweapons" >> _class;
if !(isclass _cfg) exitwith {
     [color="#FF0000"]  if(_class == "%ALL") then {}; // I think this should solve the issue[/color]
if (_class != "") then {["Class '%1' not found in CfgWeapons",_class] call bis_fnc_error};
_class
};

Fixed: Reverted unnecessary connections for cutscene animations

What exactly does this mean? Is this related to e.g. the following problem? -->

soldierA switchMove "Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_6"; 
waitUntil {!(animationState soldierA == "Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_6")};

hint "animation finished, play next one!";

soldierA switchMove "Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_7"; 

Last time I checked, the second animation and the hint wouldn't be called, as the waitUntil never finishes, because the animation "is stuck" at the end / will never be recognized as finished. I workarounded this with using the sleep command, but that's very... not good, imo.

What exactly does this mean? Is this related to e.g. the following problem? -->

soldierA switchMove "Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_6"; 
waitUntil {!(animationState soldierA == "Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_6")};

hint "animation finished, play next one!";

soldierA switchMove "Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_7"; 

Last time I checked, the second animation and the hint wouldn't be called, as the waitUntil never finishes, because the animation "is stuck" at the end / will never be recognized as finished. I workarounded this with using the sleep command, but that's very... not good, imo.

Still freezes, but you can try something like this:

[color="#FF8040"]soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_6"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
soldierA [color="#191970"][b]addEventHandler[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"AnimDone"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
soldierA [color="#191970"][b]removeAllEventHandlers[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"AnimDone"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_7"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
soldierA [color="#191970"][b]addEventHandler[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"AnimDone"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
	soldierA [color="#191970"][b]removeAllEventHandlers[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"AnimDone"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
	soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_8"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
		soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_9"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Delete post please..... Fixed the error..... Not a Dev Branch error

Edited by gabravo2005
Tested Vanilla Game

Still freezes, but you can try something like this:

[color="#FF8040"]soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_6"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_7"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
	soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_8"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
		soldierA [color="#191970"][b]switchMove[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"Acts_NATOCommanderArrival_Commander_9"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

This looks tedious for just a walking animation.

I know, right, how many times one can Ctrl+V before getting all tired.

Using "setVariable", "switch" and one event handler would me much simple.

Anyone else having a problem using freelook when diving? Looking up or down will actually move you in that direction, freelooking to the sides works as normal.

Anyone else having a problem using freelook when diving? Looking up or down will actually move you in that direction, freelooking to the sides works as normal.

So if I look up, my car will start going upwards?

(Lol, I know what you mean)

I'll see if this is an issue in a minute.

So if I look up, my car will start going upwards?

(Lol, I know what you mean)

I'll see if this is an issue in a minute.

Only diving, but that gives me an idea..... :D

I'm still unsure what changed with Recoil Overhaul.

"mechanic more fluent by correcting some existing behaviour"

What existing behaviour?How is more fluent?

New recoils look good , weapon resting works but it works automatic when you go prone or when you are near the object only?

and some indication that weapon is rested would be nice too

btw bipods aren't in yet right?

Edited by RobertHammer

I'm still unsure what changed with Recoil Overhaul. [...] What existing behaviour?How is more fluent?

Apologies for the confusion, we outlined this in a bit detail in the previous BRITREP:

You can try it out for yourself now... :cool:

automatic when you prone or near the object only? [...] some indication that weapon is rested would be nice too

Yup, we're still considering this. In the first instance, we wanted to see if the mechanic could be intuitive enough on its own right (i.e. the reduced sway, etc, is enough to signal that you're benefiting from being 'rested'), without any additional UI clutter.

btw bipods aren't in yet right?

No, not yet, this should be rolled out together with 'Weapon Deployment', which needs a little more time in the oven.

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Like it a lot :). Although Zubr recoil on the soldier looks awkward :P.