Also the AI is having problems to put right weapon in their hand.

We have made some changes to game logic behind weapon switching recently. Could you please provide any decent repro and report it via FT? It would be awesome! :bounce3:

Is anyone noticing an issue where some vehicle turrets still have the "zoom in view instead of going to optics" issue even with mods disabled and thus eliminated as a possible culprit? (For example, zooming in the Blackfoot gunner view instead of going to the gunner's optic.)

We have made some changes to game logic behind weapon switching recently. Could you please provide any decent repro and report it via FT? It would be awesome! :bounce3:

Here :). Couldnt yet repro the over-used pistol issue, but they keep rifle on back in the repro mission.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16528

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Added pistol issue repro also now in that ticket.

Is anyone noticing an issue where some vehicle turrets still have the "zoom in view instead of going to optics" issue even with mods disabled and thus eliminated as a possible culprit? (For example, zooming in the Blackfoot gunner view instead of going to the gunner's optic.)

Yes, there's a FT ticket for it (don't remember now)

Has been there for quite some time. Mostly editor runs seem to be affected.

hi guys,

can someone on dev branch test something for me and pettka?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16512

I reported an issue with the battlefield ambient firefight and pettka asked me to test but unfortunately im on stable branch.

and don't fancy switching for the sake of my SSD.

any help is much aprechiated :)

just try using the battlefield fire fight effect in the trigger effects menu and see if any pop up errors occur again

There's something wrong with stone walls that are littered around Altis, driving in a tank I will always get stuck... just like the AI does. The tank will go over the wall for a moment and then stuck halfway... most of the time the road wheels of the tank is inbetween of the wall, It's like the tank sunk into the wall and the road wheel is stuck in between of the wall (which shouldn't happened because of the tracks)

[edit]

apparently you will only get stuck if you go over the wall slowly... If you gained speed and go over the wall, you will get over it most of the time. But if you stopped in front of a wall then move forward to climb it, the you'll get stuck. You can reverse though, just not forward.

Edited by Mr_Centipede

This isn't devbranch specific, but I'm pretty sure it's a mistake from the current main build patch:

556 SOAR is the weakest gun in the game. Weaker than the 9mm pistol even. It takes 20 shots to an armored chest to kill, whereas even the 9mm can do it in 5-6 shots every time. Clearly this is wrong. Unarmored shots still only do 10% damage to the chest.

Basically, don't use 556 until this gets fixed.

FIX CHAT ACTIVATING CONTROLS! It's been there since Alpha, it's so obvious, fix it already! How hard can it be?!

Tested latest dev - on CSAT rifleman , shot him 4 times into chest = dead with SDAR

are you sure that you used Stanag magazine? because Dual Purpose mag is only good in underwater

Edited by RobertHammer

556 SOAR is the weakest gun in the game. Weaker than the 9mm pistol even. It takes 20 shots to an armored chest to kill, whereas even the 9mm can do it in 5-6 shots every time. Clearly this is wrong. Unarmored shots still only do 10% damage to the chest.

Proof needed. I almost never see more than 5.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[TR]

[TD]Weapon[/TD]

[TD]Helmet Head[/TD]

[TD]Plate Carrier

[/TD]

[TD]Tac Vest[/TD]

[TD]Unarmored Chest[/TD]

[TD]Arm[/TD]

[TD]Leg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7.62 ABR[/TD]

[TD]17/45/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]29-35% (3-4)[/TD]

[TD]35-37% (3)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]25%[/TD]

[TD]44-50%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6.5 MX[/TD]

[TD]32/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]10-25% (5-6)[/TD]

[TD]23-30% (4)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]17-22%[/TD]

[TD]31-36%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5.56 SOAR[/TD]

[TD]17/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]7-15% (5-7)[/TD]

[TD]7-17% (5-7)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]5-10%[/TD]

[TD]16-19%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].45 Vermin[/TD]

[TD]22/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]10% (7)[/TD]

[TD]12% (5)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]15-25%[/TD]

[TD]25%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9mm Pistol[/TD]

[TD]10/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]5% (9)[/TD]

[TD]7% (6)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]10%[/TD]

[TD]5-13%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

UPDATED WITH 556 STANAG

Here are the rough damage ranges for each weapon at close range. Generally, a second head shot always kills, as does a 4th or 5th chest shot. It seems scripted in that way, since even the 9mm can kill in 6 shots. The SOAR is probably bugged, since EVERY shot has the almost exact same percentage (usually there's a random factor), and it's always too low.

After extensive testing in editor, these are the values I came up with.

You can set it up in the editor easily. Run: [this] execVM "hurt.sqf" for each soldier you place, then have a "hurt.sqf" in the folder with this:

_oldhealth = 1;

_guy = _this select 0;

while {true} do {

sleep 1;

if ((_oldhealth)!=(getdammage _guy)) then {

_guy sidechat format["ow %1",(getdammage _guy)-_oldhealth];

};

_oldhealth = getdammage _guy;

};

Note that I said it was scripted (senso lato), in that after X shots given a certain armor, there is a very high likelihood that the next shot will be fatal, regardless of current damage. So after 4 .45 shots the health is still ~50%, but the 5th shot gets a big bump up to 52% to finish him off almost every time. I'm not sure if this works for arms and legs, though. Not sure I like this, since I'd rather the values were higher overall without some scripted "X shot death" thing.

And in general I find the values a bit low for my taste, particularly for PvP. The table is for close range, and the lower caliber bullets lose a lot of their killing power at range. Yeah, 6+ shots even from 6.5 at 300m for a kill probably is common now. I guess that's somewhat realistic with 2035 body armor... not a huge fan for gameplay, and I don't like the non-1 shot helmet, even for 7.62. I get the feeling a helmet isn't stopping such a round from killing or severely incapacitating you even at a distance.

I want to echo others who have said that if this is the way BI wants to go with the damage system, we NEED some sort of effect for being hit, like falling down or something more than a small jerk/nothing as it currently is. Turning everyone into bullet sponges makes for tedious gameplay, even if it means you live longer (which is always nice, except when "you" is the guy I'm shooting at :P).

Edited by DNK

I'm still having a really hard time believing anyone in this game ever took anywhere near 20 shots.

I don't care what numbers the game spits out... does he die or not?

Am sure he is using the UW aka Dual Purpose mag on that SDAR - which is useless on ground

you have to use regular 5.56 stanag magazine ...

That was quick - Thanks for fixing the "AI's selection of rifle and handgun". Looking perfect so far. :bounce3:

Please bring back the poster and graffiti objects in the editor! You might want to place a specific one in a specific spot!

This system has some flaws. If I shoot at an heavy armored guy with a 9mm pistol in the chest, then I shouldn´t be able to kill him. Period. The armor won´t magically stop protecting somebody just because he was hit by x ammount of bullets. (You could argue that hitting the same spot twice will penetrate but we have no way to track that.) We also need a way to differentiate between a hit on the helmet that might actually stop, or deflect a bullet and a hit to the face wich is almost always lethal.

And we really need something better than the flinch animation when someone is hit.Why can´t the AI just go into ragdoll and then get back up again? I wouldn´t mind if this was forced on players as well, something like this would make them stay in cover.

Are there technical reasons why this can´t be implemented or is it just against BIS view on how the game should be??

This system has some flaws. If I shoot at an heavy armored guy with a 9mm pistol in the chest, then I shouldn´t be able to kill him. Period. The armor won´t magically stop protecting somebody just because he was hit by x ammount of bullets. (You could argue that hitting the same spot twice will penetrate but we have no way to track that.) We also need a way to differentiate between a hit on the helmet that might actually stop, or deflect a bullet and a hit to the face wich is almost always lethal.

And we really need something better than the flinch animation when someone is hit.Why can´t the AI just go into ragdoll and then get back up again? I wouldn´t mind if this was forced on players as well, something like this would make them stay in cover.

Are there technical reasons why this can´t be implemented or is it just against BIS view on how the game should be??

In regards to this, Would it be too hard to setup the actual piece of armor as a penetrable material akin to say like how it currently works for a wall? I would think this way, it would allow for more accurate simulation of body armor.

Am sure he is using the UW aka Dual Purpose mag on that SDAR - which is useless on ground

you have to use regular 5.56 stanag magazine ...

Apparently. What's the point of this ammo exactly?

Apparently. What's the point of this ammo exactly?

To be used underwater. Don't trust the 'Dual Purpose' part of 'Dual Purpose' mag.

Ok. I didn't realize that. I've updated the chart, including the armor names.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1750&highlight=POV

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3480

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-truemods_new_3.jpg

This was only made for Arma 1, could never find anything like it for arma 2 or now arma 3.

The point of view is, in my mind, too much to the left of the weapon. It actually sits really close to your face.

I believe this would help in naturally adjusting on the fly, to have the barrel pointing more at where you're actually shooting.

Same thing with the 3rd person. Changing it to be more in the popular style of Ghost Recon ( Over the right shoulder, character on the left slightly ) would greatly help with instinctive shooting, because you can see the weapon pointing at the center of screen. It also looks a lot nicer.

These should be added as options to the game, so they can be used in the multiplayer, instead of unsigned mods that cant be utilized because of fear of cheating. A simple tick in the Game options " type of 1st person pov and type of 3rd person pov " " Normal or adaptive "

Thank you in advance for all appropriate answers.

Please see the links for reference on the 1st person pov

Sound like an addon request, but I agree. Now, in my opinion, Arma 3's POV is much better than Arma 2's, which was further to the left, and way too low.

Yeah I have to agree. The POV should be such that you are practically looking over the rifle, not to the side of it. It is better than arma 2 but it could be improved.

Anyhow a cool addon idea for sure.