the big white metal barns have no damage model in the glass ^^ and the other is 40 mm granades from the rifle launcher will stoppet by the glass to - you can not shot out :/

Just a brief feedback on the recently tweaked heat haze effect - I think it still looks like transparent smoke ( kind of like rounded puffs ) rather than heat haze and I had this thought of adding some sort of blur filter to them?

Should look closer to this

attachment.php?attachmentid=70356&d=1300801344

http://www.jacanaent.com/photos/aircraft/Military/F16-F117/F-18_18.jpg (333 kB)

In MP stable branch 1.16, and with AI on map has anyone noticed any significant fps loss as compared to previous version 1.14?

Client FPS appears to be up especially with latest Nvidia Beta Driver, but server FPS appears to be down quite a lot.

did find a misaligned fence, reaching into the dirtroad.

a92jnaf4fw32.jpg

and there seems more misaligned, rockwall reaching into dirtroad.

qrcq6jxdn77.jpg

seems someone moved all objects accidently !

Edited by themaster303

Nice work on the Helicopter fuel hitPoints there BIS - will be checking this out when I get home.

Nice work on the Helicopter fuel hitPoints there BIS - will be checking this out when I get home.

I've tried, when AI hit the oil tank the fuel may leak. However, I find the AI just shoot the bottle of the chopper but not the propellers, SO NOW I think the AI are so lovely and stupid. The second, when the chopper touch the ground they still end up with explode.

Added: New animation sources for car throttle and brake

Does this mean pedal animations? If so, I would love to see them on helicopters too just like in TKOH.

I've tried, when AI hit the oil tank the fuel may leak. However, I find the AI just shoot the bottle of the chopper but not the propellers, SO NOW I think the AI are so lovely and stupid. The second, when the chopper touch the ground they still end up with explode.

Talking of fuel, I tried modding the vehicles so they've got different rates of consumption. In the configs, every vehicle seems to use "0.01f"; as the rate of fuel consumtion and changing the values doesn't seem to do anything. Has anyone managed to get the vehicles to drink fuel at a different rate (short of running lots of looped scripts using setFuel)?

Glad to see helicopter damage being fixed finally...that was a pretty major issue, being able to completely destroy a Little Bird with a couple pistol mags or a single 6.5mm mag.

07-04-2014

EXE rev. 116501

Size: ~69 MB

ENGINE

• Fixed: auto-closing of GPS, watches, UAV PIP, compass when user switches to optics mode

Still not fixed. GPS overlay will not return after switching back from optics mode.

so now that it seems all the DLC and big updates have been released, can we expect regular updates moving dev branch to stable branch? if so will it be a per month/week basis? a lot of necessary fixes have been made on devbranch yesterday and im just wondering when we can expect to see them on stable

It usually is around 2/3 weeks.

It would defeat the point of the Dev branch, to catch all the bad things that can occur before being deemed stable. Also, I believe server hosts would throw a fit over the daily updates to the dev branch.

Aiming-related breathing refactored and prepared for further changes

now this sounds intersting as do the recent heli changes!

I'm always very interested in changes that imporve the weapon handling/immersion in arma3 (which should be a totally solid core of the game). Thing to consider going forward is that the breathing right now isnt bad at all (maybe a little low at times) and it should function to help replicate some of the effort needed to make accurate shots further away. every guy with a rifle knows to control his breathing when making a shot a longer ranges. arma3 needs to (and often does) get that across. of course working this feature more is always welcome if its towards autheticity and not dumbing it down.

I'd hate to see the breathing toned down more as a expedient alternative to adding weapon resting (this includes deployable bipods) which is what is quite needed/wanted/requested. I'd also like to have weapon sway (related to breathing) influnced by the size and weight of the weapon being used.

I'd love to see fatigue have a bit more effect on breathing (especially after running and needing to calm down before being able to hold breath). Being hit and its severity should also have an effect on breathing/weapon sway.

also be great to explore a little more advanced recoil model (horizontal as well as vertical) with associated character animations.

and to maybe make weapons a little further in when right clicking the mouse. currently (and yes its a legacy thing and has considerations for maintianing peripheral vision) when bringing the rifle up to your eyes the weapon's sights still look like they are being held away at arms length with exaggerated perpective. and then you have to zoom in to actually get a good sight picture. A lot of people I've encourgaed to try out the game say its hard to see what you are shooting. and i think this arms length sights up mechanism is a big part to blame. i now hit kepypad plus to toggle zoom in almost every time i am shooting opfor not a close range. i think this could change to having more of the sight picture as default when bringing rifle up to your eye. This would also give tactical weapons up pace (default c) more unique reason to exist.

sorry, that was a little longer than expected.

Edited by twisted

I have tow different sounds with the same type of hand grenade at the same place, sometimes the "normal one" like the grenade launcher or a new one ? much lower.

I'm confused, don't remember that.

Am i missing something ?

(no mod, no addon)

Edited by EricFr

Added: Customizable area for scenario-specific on-screen information (e.g. info about time and place)

Can anyone elaborate on this? This is very relevant to my interests. I can see a moveable UI element in the "Customise layout" menu, but how is it used? How would I use it?

So, what is this? :)

Seem like autopilot abbreviation of APO.I might be wrong.

Decreased weight of PCML (NLAW) rocket allowing Independent Rifleman (AT) to carry one more rocket of this type in his backpack. Since the BLUFOR counterpart has better personal protection and more durable armored vehicles, there is a nice balance.

So, the AAF AT rifleman can now carry four rockets?

so now that it seems all the DLC and big updates have been released, can we expect regular updates moving dev branch to stable branch? if so will it be a per month/week basis? a lot of necessary fixes have been made on devbranch yesterday and im just wondering when we can expect to see them on stable

As posted after your post, we will likely stay on the 2-3 week cycle. We are now also working with the semi-hidden Release Candidate branch on Steam to validate updates better (esp. for server administrators and possibly even big mods). That validation takes between 2 days in a rush to 1 week to do it properly. Particularly the recent MP server optimizations need good testing before rolling them out on main branch (potential high gain / big risk).

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

What is this effect?

It is related to real-time cleaning up of reverberation on source samples. It's currently not used, but added in the engine as preparation for audio features we're investigating for DLC (meaning Arma 3 generally since it's an engine technology and we will not branch the platform in that way).