You can actually hear reloading and planting sounds very far in Arma 3

The reload sounds actually seem to not get more quiet based on distance (up to a certain distance, where they just aren't heard at all)

You can be in a firefight with someone quite a distance away, and when they reload it sounds like it's happening right over your shoulder. They also seem to only play on the left or the right channel exclusively.

anyone noticed fps drop and feelin game "getting slower", isnt just that smooth?

anyone noticed fps drop and feelin game "getting slower", isnt just that smooth?

yes, especially Multi-player which is now almost Multi-unplayable ;)

Mo_cluster_AP has been removed. That's a real shame, it's was a lovely looking airburst submunition that was a great stand for DPICM.

I got a audiophile Soundcard (Essence ST-X) and Studio-Headphones. Thats why i want matching sounds to my system in a war game.

lol same here, i have a 2000$ worth studio headphone system and the dude is saying his 30$ speakers are rambling oh my god that's a LOL, i don't even understand why people start defending it, like i was talking about their religion and stuff, and they get super ultra butthurt offended mega pwnd, like i said their god was stupid or didnt even exist muahah, and i don't wanna post on the feedback tracker, it's not a fatal issue, i'm sure some devs read this forum

Edited by gpha5e

Still, the guy with the cheap rig is happy, and you are not :(. Anyway, please... just stop. Cheers!

I have a nice audio setup and I don't understand the rage. Sure the sound is not perfect, far from it, but they are working on it. Never forget that this is an alpha so try to give constructive criticism & feedback.

Anyone else notice only the "D" from "DAGR" is visible when it's selected in a KA60?

I have a nice audio setup and I don't understand the rage. Sure the sound is not perfect, far from it, but they are working on it. Never forget that this is an alpha so try to give constructive criticism & feedback.

Anyone else notice only the "D" from "DAGR" is visible when it's selected in a KA60?

40 to 60fps and u are happy oh man...

lol same here, i have a 2000$ worth studio headphone system and the dude is saying his 30$ speakers are rambling oh my god that's a LOL, i don't even understand why people start defending it, like i was talking about their religion and stuff, and they get super ultra butthurt offended mega pwnd, like i said their god was stupid or didnt even exist muahah, and i don't wanna post on the feedback tracker, it's not a fatal issue, i'm sure some devs read this forum

you say, you don't want us read your posts, but you want the devs to read it. Now your saying you don't want create a feedback, that means you don't want the devs read your posts either. So, maybe you should just leave then?

good lord. Audiophile systems (and i am sorry to say but the essence st-x) doesnt really fit in that bucket. Besides a true audiophile system is NOT really meant for games, but for music. If you believe heavily compressed sounds in a game will sound the same as a vinyl, or evern a 320bit mp3, 256bit aac or anything in between, you are pretty ignorant.

mmm, to put the discussion back on track, anyone noticed the improved sound protocol for helicopter transport support module? It's way more verbose with pilots asking if everyone is on board and then saying something like "let's get the hell out of here." A very nice, immersion-increasing touch.

The range of sounds in Arma has always been rather too short. You can hear 155mm artillery firing from 50 kilometers away, albeit the sound then being reduced to a low, distant rumble. The noise of a tank firing its main gun should be deafening even at 200 meters, and the noise should carry for at least 20 ish kilometers across moderately flat terrain (ie, like an Island unless it looks like Sahrahni). When there´s hunters out in the fields beyond the town where I live, you can hear the shotgun blasts from over a kilometer away, and over the ambient noise of a close motorway (which is about a kilometer from here itself.).

Even the noise of reloading is loud in real life. The bolt slamming home or being cocked isn´t whispering, it´s metal slapping against other pieces of metal with great force. Though I love the detail of the action being audible when firing, it is already going in the right direction. For example the assault rifles sound really great, the only sound that´s off there is the M200 LMG, which sounds a bit artificial.

I hope the late alpha and after E3 the beta will bring forward all the missing pieces in the soundscape. The game is perfect as it is, beyond some modding concerns (such as attachments and the handling of zeroing in vehicle based weapons, lasers, etc), and the obvious shortfalls of the AI being wonky as hell, and the sound being inconsistent in terms of quality across the assets at this point.

That is something JSRS has done quite nicely. I´m always irritaded if I play vanilla Arma2, or 3, and can´t really hear a Firefight that I can see...

good lord. Audiophile systems (and i am sorry to say but the essence st-x) doesnt really fit in that bucket. Besides a true audiophile system is NOT really meant for games, but for music. If you believe heavily compressed sounds in a game will sound the same as a vinyl, or evern a 320bit mp3, 256bit aac or anything in between, you are pretty ignorant.

and i have studio monitores, yamahs hs50m + hs10w subwoofer + wavetherminal L pro card. Actually sounds fine in it. 2000€ worth headphones he say? lol. No headphones out there, can give you that quality a real studio monitor can.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

That is something JSRS has done quite nicely. I´m always irritaded if I play vanilla Arma2, or 3, and can´t really hear a Firefight that I can see...

yes, i can't imagine playing arma 2 without jsrs. Like drinking tequila with salt and lemon.

Its the Top Notch in integrated Audiocards, you can't get anything better integrated. Only external Sound-Equip can sound better.

and i have studio monitores, yamahs hs50m + hs10w subwoofer + wavetherminal L pro card. Actually sounds fine in it. 2000€ worth headphones he say? lol. No headphones out there, can give you that quality a real studio monitor can.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

yes, i can't imagine playing arma 2 without jsrs. Like drinking tequila with salt and lemon.

lol ppl here are like "what i say is the truth" ffs, half of the forum here are the same cod bf kids, look at what you arguing about, shame and facepalm, the headphones im using are like magnifying lenses, and i feel sorry for you've never heard a good headphone system, and btw try some dynaudio bm15a, THAT'S a real monitor :D, but ofc a man who works with sound will tell you that a brand or size is not the key here, actually i cant stop you from loving those shitty sounds in the game :D

Edited by gpha5e

lol same here, i have a 2000$ worth studio headphone system and the dude is saying his 30$ speakers are rambling oh my god that's a LOL, i don't even understand why people start defending it, like i was talking about their religion and stuff, and they get super ultra butthurt offended mega pwnd, like i said their god was stupid or didnt even exist muahah,

I think I'm not the one having butthurt, as I said, I'm mostly pleased with the game, have been from the beginning, even with my shitty speakers :o

and i don't wanna post on the feedback tracker, it's not a fatal issue, i'm sure some devs read this forum

Feedback tracker, as the name might even suggest a bit, is the place devs use to *drumroll* track the issues, use it.

At some point, i need to sign with "gha5e". Seems like nobody here heard a good sound system.

Keep it civil and on-topic, guys.

Reporting sound issues here is fine (though I would strongly recommend using the feedback tracker aswell), but academic discussions about sound quality and pro studio gear are going beyond the scope of this thread.

Anyone else got the impression that the new radio filter sounds bad? Feels very uncomfortable.

We are still tweaking this particular filter / effect AFAIK - the point here was to move it away from the source samples and into real-time filtering, but it still need tuning :)

does anyone know if the arma 3 AI will be fixed regarding the unrealistic spotting and headshotting at 500M ++++

EDIT: im playing on recruit

Edited by tyl3r99
adding information

We are still tweaking this particular filter / effect AFAIK - the point here was to move it away from the source samples and into real-time filtering, but it still need tuning :)

Thanks for reply. I hope it will improve.

By the way. I noticed a few things that really bother me.

1) What happened to hand signals? i didn't see anyone used it anymore. Not player or AI.

2) Characters no longer speak normally only when speak by the radio (you can't hear friendly or enemy units chat)

3) Characters lips not moving when they speak.

Non of this was a issue in Arma 2.

I hope it just WIP and will be available later.

Edited by Danil-ch

^ Agreed. Point 1 not so much, but 2 and 3. Those battle chatter things (realoading, covering, move....) should be heard by all, can disable it going into stealth mode.

And dind't like the new filters that much, but if you manage to make it depend on distance would add a touch. And since you talked about realtime filtering, a background sound could be nice....maybe.

So the sound engine is capable of real time filtering and effects now? Do you plan on using things like Reverb, Occlusion, Echo, etc.. for shaping gunfire sound effects in real time based on environment?