Sign in to follow this  
doveman

Why can't we have missions in @ folders?

At some point I could have sworn this was working but it isn't now so I guess I was mistaken but it would make my life so much easier if I could use folders like @Missions I44 and in that have a missions and MPMissions folder, as then those missions would only be listed in A2OA when I enable that "mod", along with the actual @I44 folder (I have to keep that separate for PwS/Six Updater to be able to keep it in sync). I put an empty addons subfolder under it so that it would be listed in Arma II launcher but even so this doesn't cause the missions to show up anymore (if it ever did).

I did this for other mods, so @Missions ACE, @Missions CWR2, etc and it would make life so much easier as I'd no longer see missions listed that I'd waste time selecting, only for A2OA to try and load before informing me that I don't have the required mods enabled.

The fact that PwS/Six Updater does put create missions/MPmissions subfolders with the missions in when downloading/updating/syncing mod folders like @I44, @CWR2 makes me think this should work as otherwise it seems pretty pointless putting them there but maybe we're expected to copy them from there to the A2OA/Missions and A2OA/MPMissions folders but that obviously results in duplicates, wasting space.

For SP or Coop missions that you play as SP you can make folders in arma 2\missions. For example: @cwr2, @cwr2coop; @i44 (arma2\missions\@cwr2) etc so wenn you launch mod you can easy find missions that you need. But this don't work with mpmissions folder.

Thanks for the tip tom3kb but I already know that. As you say, that doesn't work for mpmissions though and I still think it would be easier if even missions could be in @ folders as even with them in subfolders, you still have to remember what mods you launched with (it's not just overhauls like cwr2, i44, ACE but missions for example @GHOSTS, that require certain combinations of mods, that it would be helpful not to have appear unless I've launched with those mods enabled and the associated "@Missions Ghosts" folder. The same applies to Campaigns, where it's hard to know which will work with the currently enabled mods, so if Campaigns, Missions and MPMissions could all be kept in @ folders it would help so much.

As I say, PwS/SixUpdater does download the missions/MPMissions/Campaigns folders/files into the @folder but as far as I can tell we have to copy these manually, resulting in duplicates. I just can't see that it would be particularly hard to make these subfolders apply on-the-fly in the same way that the addons subfolder does, as the basic code to do this is obviously already there.