Sign in to follow this  
v0lus

No kill stealth missions?

I'm just wondering if anyone made a stealth mission where you have to sneak without making a sound.

NOTE: Since suppressors aren't perfectly silent, the kinds of stealth missions I'm asking for are those where you have to either sneak in or sneak out of an enemy base without killing anyone.

Edited by v0lus

Suppressor a not an option? Think your looking for a game called splinter cell

I mean trying to not let the enemy hear or see you, even though you are right around that corner they didn't bother to check or that house they didn't look back on. Think concealment.

How do you propose we kill said sentry? Magic knife that auto kills in one slash?

It's not about silent kills, it's about keeping out of sight and moving between concealment WITHOUT killing anyone.

Maybe a simple mission where you have to get into a house before a big convoy you have NO hope of defeating passes?

Edited by v0lus

Again, this is only in Hollywood you would even think of planning a mission of this risk. This mission would be conducted in a different manner than you'd think. Sending In a guy into a military compound with guards to get a piece of paper, is retarded. It can be done but not in this splinter cell method. Trust me that time would be better spent scripting low vid missions and allowing silent kills.

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Just to add my unit in arma we do a lot of said missions, just last week I had to send 2 of my members into a town dressed as hadj' to kill an hvt while myself and the assault force conducted a raid on a bomb making plant. You don't ever have to kill everyone in arma, so it's on you and your team to determine who needs to be dead and who isn't important.

There is a number of such missions for ArmA2. But not for ArmA3 that I know of. However since they were in all previous games, both official and non-official - be rest assured that they will appear eventually.

i mean the alpha did just come out, i think people are getting to mission scripting but not at a level where you can just find what your looking for yet, i think the missions your talking about are a stretch from realism, if you can accept missions where silence kills are allowed but "alarm triggers" = a fail then you should find plenty of those in the coming months. I personally enjoy the missions where kills are allowed because then its up to judgement .... (can i get away with this kill... will the body be found and an alarm triggered) those kinds of things make arma great.

User mission requests now have an ArmA 3 thread!

v0lus, be the first to post a request here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152288-User-Mission-Request-Thread&p=2362300#post2362300

I would merge this thread into that one, but I can't mess with the chronological order of posts, so the posts here would come before the introduction post.

Closing.