gvse

Christian.1987's Mp7 ported to A3

Seems to be that the ARCO was aiming low by a few feet at 10m. Didn't have a chance to test the other scopes out as swapping them crashed the game.

Edit #2: seems to me that all sights are misaligned; this thing is routinely shooting low. Drastically.

And for the 100% of the time if I attach an optic, regardless of what it is my game crashes. Only happens with the MP7...

Edited by SpectreRSG

you will have to ask Alwarren about the m4. He's been working on his own model of that rifle.

Probably going to replace the large suppressor on my M4's with a custom one of a more appropriate size :)

Is it possible to simply "rechamber" the pistol suppressor to 5.56 x 45 mm for use on your M4s? Seeing as that was basically done here to 4.6 x 30 mm for this port of Christian1987's MP7A1.

Is it possible to simply "rechamber" the pistol suppressor to 5.56 x 45 mm for use on your M4s? Seeing as that was basically done here to 4.6 x 30 mm for this port of Christian1987's MP7A1.

Yes, it's just a model, nothing else. It just needs to "physically" fit on the muzzle.

(note to GvsE: Didn't intent to hijack your thread, I apologize :) )

@GvsE, or anybody.....

Not sure how to add a number of magazines. First time to Edit with A3.

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine ["40Rnd_46x30_mp7",[color="#FF0000"]20[/color]];

It seems the number in RED is actually the number of bullets and not magazines.

Could you kindly tell me how tom say, add 6 magazines to the unit init?

this addMagazines ["40Rnd_46x30_mp7", 6];

this should work

I swear to the Editing gods that I tried that and it gave me only 6 bullets. Then I tried 10, only 10 bullets, 20 only 20 bullets.....strange....these gods.

EDIT:

I heck, I see what your doing......the letter "s" was mission...damn. Thanks for your help.

While you're at it, make sure you have the exact names as provided in the classnames list in my first post or in the readme.

I've just learned how to create bikeys so in the next update ill add those. Ill also get rid of the smoke effect associated with caseless ammo. That's gonna be it, unless someone creates custom attachments, in which case ill be happy to make them compatible with this weapon.

First off, great port GvsE! I can finally complete my SEAL loadout ! However I just want to report one issue, the scopes on the Mp7 aren't zeroed. The shots tend to end up higher than the reticle.

Edited by Xaysana

That sounds like the weapon optic is simply zeroed further out than where you're shooting.

No I previously reported this as well. It shoots horribly low at any range more than 50 regardless of scope.

BIS sights, like holo and aco, are zeroed at 200m, whereas arco and the rco at 300m. Unlike in OA we cannot adjust zeroing with "page up/down." I went into the game and checked again and everything works as you'd expect: aco and holo are good for short ranges while if you attach arco and shoot below 300m mark the bullet will hit way above the scope's zero (as you would expect). I have not adjusted in any way BIS optics, they are what they are.

if you attach arco and shoot below 300m mark the bullet will hit way above the scope's zero (as you would expect).
Yeah, they weren't expecting it, that's why I had to say that and I'm glad that you're saying this as well.

Well, I did some tests in game with BIS weapons, and it all seems very confusing: the interface says a sight is zeroed at 300m but i could swear the default weapons have got it lower. Regardless, when firing the mp7 at long range (300m) bear in mind that bullet velocity is 720, which is lower than the mx so you have to compensate for that. It's natural that you have to aim higher.

I'd say that at short range the mp7 with magnifying optics behaves as you'd expect (a shot lands higher than the zero of the optics). There are some issues, though, but right now I have no quick fixes.

A new update: the latest version is 1.02 (first post updated with a new download link). See the changelog for details.

The pack has been updated to version 1.03.

Highlights:

1. Changes to how some sights operate

2. The weapon now compatible with some of the R3F attachments

If you would like me to further extend the compatibility of the attachments then let me know.

Update: see first post for details.

new config granting compatibility with Alwarren's FHQ Accessories Pack! :D

m1um6gmrw92af4i4g.jpg

gh58re9hrsr6dpo4g.jpg

05ztydl44008yql4g.jpg

u052aak871orwm34g.jpg

Excellent mod! The work is amazing. I was wondering if anybody knows a way (if there is a way) to mod the files to allow the mp7 to be in the AT slot or even better, in the handgun slot. I'm working on a sniper mission and would love to give the player the option of running the sniper rifle in primary with the mp7 as backup. I apologize if anybody has covered this type of this anywhere else on the forums; my searches came up dry. Thanks for the help, and thanks again for the great mod!