crCTI Kastenbier Edition for Arma 3

This is a fixed and modified Version based on Squeeze's ArmA 2 Port of Cleanrock's CTI (crCTI).

Current Version: 1.19 r44 (30.12.2018)

Downloads:

http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=713560526

Changelog:

http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/CHANGELOG

If you try it, please report bugs and quirks. :) Have fun!

Thanks to:

crCTI OFP designed and coded by Cleanrock

crCTI ArmA/ArmA2 updated by Squeeze

Original Dialogs: Dr Eyeball

Modifications by Kastenbier

and of course Mücke and the whole AI Clan

... and made with 10% more love than the next leading CTI!

http://www.vsbw.de/~arma/

http://angryinsects.de/

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?95824-CRcti-Proman

Edited by thhamm
New version 1.19 r44
  • Like 1

Nice to see that Cleanrock's work from OFP is still going strong over all these years.

I've played around with it a bit and it looks great , however you don't get any money to start with on first spawn, meaning you have to capture something first ? I'm thinking it might be intended but why would there be " Start up money amount" variable in the parameters ?

Wait. What? You don't have any money in the beginning? That shouldn't be.

Both commanders should start out with the amount set in the "Start Money" parameters. Every human player gets an extra 20% of that, but only once at mission start. After that, you have to capture towns to get income for your side, which gets distributed to all groups.

Wait. What? You don't have any money in the beginning? That shouldn't be.

Both commanders should start out with the amount set in the "Start Money" parameters. Every human player gets an extra 20% of that, but only once at mission start. After that, you have to capture towns to get income for your side, which gets distributed to all groups.

Indeed, as a commander I got absolutely no money on start whatever the paramater is.

w00t. that should have been fixed ages ago. how are you running the mission? lan? dedicated server? editor preview wont work. latest DEV build?

w00t. that should have been fixed ages ago. how are you running the mission? lan? dedicated server? editor preview wont work. latest DEV build?

Stable game version, mission is running on a dedicated server.

can you post your server and client .rpt, and maybe a screenshot of the "options" menu right after start?

Yesterday I tried the mission with a friend and indeed it seems to work quite nice already. Nice job.

I noticed the following. Our light vehicle factory was destroyed by the AI but we could not fix it anymore. However spawning and buying vehicles through the options menu was still possible.

Maybe related, but we could not finish the game. The other team kept spawning next to their buildings even though we had destroyed them.

Hmm. If you can still spawn or buy units they are not actually destroyed, though it may look like it.

Guess i'll have to use different building classes at least for the light fac then.

been meaning to mention this but keep forgetting...you really should re-enable the ability to shift+click on the map (user waypoints) in the coop version of this mission. The removal of that feature doesnt enhance gameplay in anyway I can see other than it forcing players to constantly be hitting their M key, lol. Seriously, I understand why you did it but i think it's a tad sadistic and not really necessary when playing against the AI at least.

you really should re-enable the ability to shift+click on the map (user waypoints)

agreed. :)

Hi - I have 2 questions - btw, love the new map click for waypoints :-)

1. If I disable some of the AI groups in the bottom join slots, so theres less groups in the mission (to improve performance...42 groups is ALOT) it seems as though the AI commander doesnt get initialized (AI just stand around in the mission and nothing is built). Is there anyway I can disable some of those groups so it's 12 vs 12?

2. Are the auto spawning support trucks at taken towns working yet (as it is in Arma2)?

Thanks!

1. If I disable some of the AI groups in the bottom join slots, so theres less groups in the mission (to improve performance...42 groups is ALOT) it seems as though the AI commander doesnt get initialized (AI just stand around in the mission and nothing is built). Is there anyway I can disable some of those groups so it's 12 vs 12?

Don't disable the AI, reduce the group size, towns, resistance etc. You could delete groups from the mission.sqm, but just disabling breaks the mission.

There aren't 42 groups anyway, you are playing the COOP misson then. Its called COOP because there is one group (delta) with 10 predefined playable members, so humans can play as one squad. But its still 12vs12 groups.

2. Are the auto spawning support trucks at taken towns working yet (as it is in Arma2)?

Yes, just enable "Town Groups Reinforcements" in mission parameters.

well I got it to work using less groups but it took more than just deleting groups from the sqm. There were a few other files I needed to adjust as well before the mission would initialize properly. Starting with max cash though the mission right now is just unplayable due to all the spawning land & air vehicles...its a bit crippling performance wise causing movement and aiming to become somewhat of a chore (and that's only playing with a total of 16 groups/4 members each on non-dev alpha). Hopefully between now and retail release of the game we will see big fps gains.

Hi thhamm

I search for your crcti warfare mission with more player slots. I see a Server with 30 Slots and your crCTI mission v1.15 r21. Do you know a way to add more spawns?

thx by skydel0

Edit: i work on a Arma 3 Server stable alpha.

Edited by skydel0

Do you know a way to add more spawns?

Sure, you can add more playable groups to the map, save their group to a global variable (like: "GroupPapaWest = group this" in the unit's init line), then edit init.sqf.

Search for lines like:

if( !(isNull GroupNovemberWest)) then {_groups = _groups + [GroupNovemberWest];_groupNames = _groupNames + ["November"]};

copy and edit for your new groups, e.g.:

if( !(isNull GroupNovemberWest)) then {_groups = _groups + [GroupNovemberWest];_groupNames = _groupNames + ["November"]};
if( !(isNull GroupPapaWest)) then {_groups = _groups + [GroupPapaWest];_groupNames = _groupNames + ["Papa"]};

etc.

Then you need to add them to JIP\UpdatePlayingJIP.sqf as well.

But actually, 12vs12 is already pretty much perfomance wise.

Neat! I'll be running a listen server with this for a little while. If you're lucky enough to see the post in time, do a name-filter for Treelor and you'll see it.

:sniff: if not griffz, i would have failed and dishonored myself and my clan. :P