shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Shay,

the new RHS mod groups are all recognized as a fire team,even the air veihicles by MCC.

Would you happen to know why that is so i can tell the guys over there what the problem is and see if they can get a fix.Its better than me simply saying,your mod dosent work with MCC.

Cheers

First off this mod is great and required for me to play ArmA. I was wondering if it would be possible to be able for hijacking an AI to be similar to Zeus, I like how when you Hijack an AI it lets you talk as the AI via TFAR or other mods, but when you get knocked unconscious with AGM on (Havent tested with other medical mods) you lose access to the scroll wheel and you are unable to return to the MCC console and must wait to be revived to go back into MCC. Now I know this is not something with your mod directly but if it was possible to keep being able to talk as the AI and getting kicked out as soon as you are killed/ knocked unconscious that would be great. Even a key bind if possible.

Once again thank you for all your great work with this mod.

GAIA isn't changing AI settings not MCC. The AI settings are for MCC defaul ai skill while spawning so if you haven't spawn AI via MCC the ai skill will not change.

OK, what is defining the MCC default AI skill profiles?

Is it taking it from the difficulty profiles on the host (dedicated server) or is it something you have set the values for "rookie, moderate and veteran". In the MCC mission settings window you also have "Rookie, 20, 30, 40..." and in the new MCC modules, you have just three mentioned above to choose from.

In particular im having a massive issue with MCC and Zeus spawned AI being controlled by GAIA, seem to have a high aim skill.

Cheers,

Walker

- Added new modules:

Start location - instead of calling funcitons just place that module on the map to predefine a start location for each side.

Hi friends,

Actually it does work well for WEST side but still does NOT for the independent faction unfortunately. Same issue arise that with the MCC function from R9 & R10 previous versions.

Edited by xerxes1er

Is there a function to check if MCC has been loaded/synced at mission start?

I'm having issues with things like animations, that just stop working once MCC is sycned. (Dedicated server)

I am still using MCC v9. Does anyone have an issue when you switch out of mcc back to the game somethings you lose mcc menus and unable to select it again. Also I can't select zeus when not in the MCC Editor even if I have a zeus game master down on the map! Any help would be great to understand why!

@shay_gman not know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I create a mission, mission generator is placed very few enemies.

The previous version of MCC work very well, can be a little mistake?

I am using the MOD version r10.

I am getting this error:

Error in expression <ayCtrl _x ctrlSetText str floor (_array select _forEachIndex)} foreach [81,82,83>
 Error position: <select _forEachIndex)} foreach [81,82,83>
 Error Zero divisor
File mcc_sandbox_mod\configs\dialogs\gearPanel\respawnPanel_init.sqf, line 236
Error in expression <ayCtrl _x ctrlSetText str floor (_array select _forEachIndex)} foreach [81,82,83>
 Error Zero divisor
 Error Zero divisor

Also I cant spawn when I enable Role Selection in the init.sqf because I can't choose a squad, I am stuck in the Respawn Menu => I can only press Deploy and Exit..

What mods are you using? The RHS?
Yep, error happens with M2A3 IFV.

How about adding Rain strom Brush too?

hope be add with custom Thunder storm sound.

It was previously mentionned in this thread and the bug is still here in r10.1 : the mission generator is not generating troops beside IED ambush groups and roadblocks.

Many thanks guys!

As always, excellent work and dedication!

Say, do you guys accept donations?

I'd gladly throw few bucks at you! :)

Can we sort out the default key bindings C and P are default key bindings and are used allot, can we have a way of clearing the binding altogether.

It was previously mentionned in this thread and the bug is still here in r10.1 : the mission generator is not generating troops beside IED ambush groups and roadblocks.

Does this resolve if you move closer to the target area? Units/groups are delayed spawned/cached.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Confirmed issue on the Caching system using vehicles. We roll out a hotty asap by rolling back to previous state of caching sytem.

Thx. I noticed I was wrong about infantry not appearing (it was the cache system) but I have discrepancies in number of AI when caching and uncaching. That must be coming from the issue you detected.

Can we sort out the default key bindings C and P are default key bindings and are used allot, can we have a way of clearing the binding altogether.

VOTE +100

The default bindings are ridiculous and should either be unbound as default or some very odd combination that doesn't interfere with standard key binds.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Seems like spawning units from the Spawn menu item and clicking to spawn a unit does NOT adhere to the caching checkbox. If I have it cleared and spawn units they are always spawned cached.

This is problematic because if you spawn units far away from the player they immediately cache and cannot be taken control of. What I've been doing in the meantime is spawning them close to player then un-caching them, then teleporting them to where I wanted them. But this is a pretty big pain.

We've (SBP Team) tried out MCC4 yesterday. Oh man, how many times we got killed by new key bindings (while flying chopper, C = rudder control... bam crash with MCC popup open)... please change to CTRL-1-5 or something like that.

The option to modify the key-bindings is on the escape menu now. So you can select what buttons you want to use before you start off playing in the mission and its saved to your profile then.

Hi all,

I have this issue when I attempt to edit an item I place in zeus mode while running the latest (released today) version of mcc. I get a blank window as seen in the following screenshot.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36353839617355366/38D6F762BAE1F9247B668429AF6D4A835EF95D3C/1024x576.resizedimage (203 kB)

Running the server on a dedicate box.

Additional questions on the AI behaviour:

1 When I place a unit in Zeus: it appears to not respect the mission settings AI skill variables in MCC - is this expected behaviour?

2 When I place a unit in MCC, and then I change the MCC Mission Settings AI: do the ai on the battlefield get updated with the new settings? Or is it only new AI?

3 If I place a unit in MCC, and then edit his skill settings in Zeus - does the ai skill change, or does MCC take it over?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

OK, what is defining the MCC default AI skill profiles?

Is it taking it from the difficulty profiles on the host (dedicated server) or is it something you have set the values for "rookie, moderate and veteran". In the MCC mission settings window you also have "Rookie, 20, 30, 40..." and in the new MCC modules, you have just three mentioned above to choose from.

In particular im having a massive issue with MCC and Zeus spawned AI being controlled by GAIA, seem to have a high aim skill.

Cheers,

Walker

My team and I conducted a pretty hefty set of tests with AI skills cause we kept getting blasted too... Here is what we found out:

1) If you're playing on a dedicated server: the AI skill levels are multipled by the values that are set in your servers *.arma3profile file

According to this post from BIS: http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-ai-configuration - The variables in the .arma3profile file listed as: skillFriendly; skillEnemy; precisionFriendly; precisionEnemy are now all obsolete and not used. They need to be replaced inside the .arma3profile file with the following variables:

aiLevelPreset=3;
	skillAI=0.5;   
	precisionAI=0.2;

Where precision is their accuracy, and skill is an overall multiplier to other non-firing skills.

NOTES:

- Any precisionAI skill setting over 0.5 was found to be incredibly frustrating to play

- The aiLevelPreset must be set to 3 in order to respect the other two values. Without this set to three: the skill and precision will be handled by the game internally.

2) The AI skills [seem] to apply differently to Zeus placed units versus MCC placed units

We conducted several tests of dropping a single rifleman in MCC, and then a single rifleman in Zeus: and waited for him to see and kill us.

The Zeus ones seemed to always kill us MUCH faster - where MCC dropped units seemed to respect our .arma3profile settings on the server.

3) The MCC mission setting AI skills only seem to apply to newly spawned AI

When you place n number of units in MCC, their skills will be determined base don the current mission settings ai skills.

If you alter those settings: the AI that are currently on the map do not seem to be updated with the new ai settings - so don't think you can just make things easier whenever you want.

Raytesh: we only use mission (no addon), as we have AliVE on our server repo.

Regarding key binds:

If you are using the mission version you can change the keys before logging to MCC. If you are using the mod version press Escape and you'll have MCC bind keys button. So change them if you don't like them.

Regarding AI,

The MCC AI skills only and only apply to the newly spawned AI and not to AI that was already there. As mentioned MCC does not attempt to micromanage AI skills or behavior so this skill will only apply as default AI skill while spawning newly AI units. Now in the Settings (MCC) module Rookie means 0.1 Moderate means 0.4 and Veteran means 0.8.

I had some time last night playing with the helicopters DLC and I was really upset to find out that you can't really attach the pods to the helicopters so I did some testing and coeding for my own use in MCC if you'll like it i'll release it:

v04
Is there a function to check if MCC has been loaded/synced at mission start?

I'm having issues with things like animations, that just stop working once MCC is sycned. (Dedicated server)

Nope not at the moment what's up with animations? what is wrong with them?

I am still using MCC v9. Does anyone have an issue when you switch out of mcc back to the game somethings you lose mcc menus and unable to select it again. Also I can't select zeus when not in the MCC Editor even if I have a zeus game master down on the map! Any help would be great to understand why!

By logging to MCC, MCC asign you custom Zeus. So you can't have 2 Zeus at a time if you haven't logged to MCC there shouldn't be any problem with MCC.

After this error cache system stops working completely:

arma3 2014-11-02 23-31-28-620

As Spirit posted we'll release a hot fix for this.

I am getting this error:

Error Zero divisor
File mcc_sandbox_mod\configs\dialogs\gearPanel\respawnP  anel_init.sqf, line 236
 Error Zero divisor
File mcc_sandbox_mod\configs\dialogs\gearPanel\respawnP  anel_init.sqf, line 236
 Error Zero divisor

Also I cant spawn when I enable Role Selection in the init.sqf because I can't choose a squad, I am stuck in the Respawn Menu => I can only press Deploy and Exit..

Do you use inidbi on the server - the role selections required inidbi.

How about adding Rain strom Brush too?

hope be add with custom Thunder storm sound.

Good idea i'll look into it.

As Spirit posted just move closer to the AO and they will re-cache.

Many thanks guys!

As always, excellent work and dedication!

Say, do you guys accept donations?

I'd gladly throw few bucks at you! :)

There is in the first post of the thread - don't forget to support as on Make ArmA Not War contest -

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/EbPhuUe5nR#.VFdrHDSsVqU

and here

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/0NA6ckd8Ms#.VFdquDSsVqU

Hi all,

I have this issue when I attempt to edit an item I place in zeus mode while running the latest (released today) version of mcc. I get a blank window as seen in the following screenshot.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36353839617355366/38D6F762BAE1F9247B668429AF6D4A835EF95D3C/1024x576.resizedimage (203 kB)

I'll check the empty window - what item was it btw?

Raytesh: we only use mission (no addon), as we have AliVE on our server repo.

I'll strongly suggest moving to the addon version as far as I know there are no issue with the ALIVE mode.

Well if you are the mission maker it is kind of logical that you can see the zones. MCC was build for MP but we'll see what can we do about it.

Thanks. I can understand. Just to clarify further, here's what i do:

1. Create mission template in 2D Editor (base and etc..)

2. Run MCC to generate any zones as starting point if i decide to (Which i expect to see)

3. Run mission generator to create mission (these zones i would hope not to see as it breaks the playability since i can expect when to see enemies start to appear)

I'm thinking, but not home to test at the moment...Maybe i can create switchable players to switch out of the MCC unit and the zones might be hidden? If this works then it can be a good workaround. I'll try it out later. Thanks again for the reply.