tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Link doesn't work for me Tonic.

Odd, worked when I tried it, try now.

Odd, worked when I tried it, try now.

The requested URL /vas/VAS_1.0.zip was not found on this server.

That is what I got.

That linked worked but the one in your original posts didn't work for me for some strange reason. Thanks for the new link.

ARMA 3 Development Build Known Issues(s):

Range finder can't be added to your inventory, to fix that go in gear\func\handle_item.sqf and on line 65 replace:

if((_details select 0) == "Binocular") then
				{
					_isgun = true;
				};

With

if(isNil {(_details select 5)}) then
				{
					_isgun = true;
				};

Another issue with the development build is the Ghillie suit doesn't show in VAS, this is not something I can fix. The CfgWeapons entry for it is missing alot of data therefor VAS returns 'nil' or any on most of the entries therefor won't display it. There isn't a workout for this in VAS till they fix the Config entries.

Figured i'd put that out there.

looking good and working well :)

highlighted items and quantities are much easier to see - thanks for that!

hi,

Ability to switch VAS load/save function from profileNamespace to missionNamespace to prevent people loading gear not allowed (somewhat).

it is included now and how it works ?

If i make a "fast Klick" i can load restrcted Items by Triggers and i can also load "forbidden saves" hmmm

We really need a possibility to clean up all saves at Mission end . I am not a Scripter, maybe someone can help ?

Or we me must return to the good old wooden Ammocrate :(

thx in advance

Thunder666;2400987']hi' date='

it is included now and how it works ?

If i make a "fast Klick" i can load restrcted Items by Triggers and i can also load "forbidden saves" hmmm

We really need a possibility to clean up all saves at Mission end . I am not a Scripter, maybe someone can help ?

Or we me must return to the good old wooden Ammocrate :(

thx in advance[/quote']

I completely forgot about that one, I'll include it in the next update when I get feedback on whats broken in this one.

UPDATE: 1.1

Notes:

Since VAS's file path changes the Description.ext has also changed. Now you only need to include the following in your description.ext

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Also the new addaction that you will put on your ammobox/whatever object:

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

If you don't change your description.ext when updating VAS for your mission to what I have now or that is in the example Description.ext your game will crash due to missing files in a non-existent file path.

Also a check was put in place to check if a saved loadout being loaded had a weapon in the uniform/vest, if it did it will exit so it doesn't overwrite your current weapons in your hand, if you want to store addition weapons on you then do it in your backpack.

Change log:

Fixed: VAS couldn't add the range finder or any other 'binocular' based item besides the actual binoculars.

Changed: Converted VAS's function initialization to CfgFunctions (VAS now initializes when mission is started, thanks to Tyrghen on Armaholic for the tip).

Changed: VAS's file path changed from gear to VAS to make it stand out more (Read notes about the new Description.ext when adding VAS 1.1 to your mission).

Changed: Highlighted selections should no longer flash between black and white (now less annoying and easier to read).

Changed: When setting disableLoadSave to true VAS now changes over to missionNamespace so saves are only persistent in the missionNamespace.

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_handleItem for loading of saved loadouts (enabling it to save gps's,uniforms/vests within the uniform/vest).

Added: New configuration parameter vas_customslots allowing mission maker to enable the amount of saved slots (was actually in 1.0).

Download:

VAS v1.1

Edited by Tonic-_-

Updated from VAS 1.0 to 1.1 and can no longer add M72A3 from @CAF_A3 to inventory. Reverted back to 1.0 and it works again. Other items from @CAF_A3 appear to work fine. Also affects any saved loadouts with the M72A3 included.

Thanks

Updated from VAS 1.0 to 1.1 and can no longer add M72A3 from @CAF_A3 to inventory. Reverted back to 1.0 and it works again. Other items from @CAF_A3 appear to work fine. Also affects any saved loadouts with the M72A3 included.

Thanks

After looking at the caf_M72A6.pbo\config.bin it appears the classname its self (M72A6) is used multiple times, short and simple terms VAS is saying it's a magazine, because the first search result for M72A6 is in CfgMagazines, but there is also a entry for it in CfgWeapons (the actual weapon).

Another thing to note, I can't wrap my head around your statement saying it worked in VAS 1.0 but not 1.1 because logically it shouldn't work in 1.0 or 1.1 but then again the ARMA engine doesn't do things logically.

This is something I could fix but i'm not going to bother because this is something the addon maker needs to make note of, there are reasons why no one uses the same class name in two different config entries, using the same classname for CfgWeapons and CfgMagazines is just bad :\ this is something you should report to the addon maker, he/she should always use different classnames and never reuse the same one.

If you want a fix, here is a code change you can apply yourself to fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf

Replace

switch (true) do
{
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _entity)) : {"CfgMagazines";};
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _entity)) : {"CfgWeapons";};
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _entity)) : {"CfgVehicles";};
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgGlasses" >> _entity)) : {"CfgGlasses";};
};

With

switch (true) do
{
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _entity)) : {"CfgWeapons";};
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _entity)) : {"CfgMagazines";};
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _entity)) : {"CfgVehicles";};
	case (isClass (configFile >> "CfgGlasses" >> _entity)) : {"CfgGlasses";};
};

This isn't a practical fix and may case other problems with the CAF mod just because its reusing classnames in different sections of the config.

*Edit*

Since i'm posting code changes to fix content makers mistakes if you want Ghillie Suits to work from the development build then edit fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf

Replace

_ret = [_entity,_displayName,_picture,_scope,_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc];
_ret;

With

_ret = [_entity,_displayName,_picture,_scope,_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc];
if(_entity == "U_B_GhillieSuit") then
{
_ret set[1,"Ghillie Suit"];
};
_ret;

And that will fix BIS's BinConfig messup for the ghillie suits in the development build.

Edited by Tonic-_-

... I can't wrap my head around your statement saying it worked in VAS 1.0 but not 1.1 because logically it shouldn't work in 1.0 or 1.1 but then again the ARMA engine doesn't do things logically.

Sorry, my mistake. You are correct, the problem occurs in both 1.0 and 1.1. Somewhere along the lines I had reverted back to 0.9 thinking it was 1.0.

Have passed your observations on to the CAF modders.

The Ghillie fix is great, too. I can't for the life of me work out why everyone on my server suddenly wants to be a sniper... or why they want to look like a Wooky while they're doing it!

Here's a thing tonic ... is it possible to select a weapon from your inventory (in VAS) and double click it to add a magazine (or at least for it to bring up the correct ammo in the list)? Would save having to hunt for it in the list.

Possible?

Here's a thing tonic ... is it possible to select a weapon from your inventory (in VAS) and double click it to add a magazine (or at least for it to bring up the correct ammo in the list)? Would save having to hunt for it in the list.

Possible?

Umm, You can click on weapons and select the gun and it pulls up a list of magazines on the left side and you can double click those to add it, other then that I don't think I am going to add anything extra like selecting your own gun in your inventory and pull up the list. Maybe in a much later update where I plan to make it when you click on your own weapon it pulls up attachments and a lot of detailed information, right now I just want to single out any issues with the current version which don't seem to be a lot.

With the current version, it seems that every time you add or remove an item/magazine/weapon/etc, it reloads the entire list of items/magazines/weapons on the left side, which makes it difficult to add multiple magazines or consumable items; it does it twice if you have a filter enabled, first loading up the entire selection, then reloading with just the filtered items.

Also, would it be possible to add a "remove all" button to remove all of the selected item type at once? Would help a lot since sometimes the order of the magazines gets shifted, so spamming the "remove" button sometimes removes the wrong type of item.

With the current version, it seems that every time you add or remove an item/magazine/weapon/etc, it reloads the entire list of items/magazines/weapons on the left side, which makes it difficult to add multiple magazines or consumable items; it does it twice if you have a filter enabled, first loading up the entire selection, then reloading with just the filtered items.

Also, would it be possible to add a "remove all" button to remove all of the selected item type at once? Would help a lot since sometimes the order of the magazines gets shifted, so spamming the "remove" button sometimes removes the wrong type of item.

I can work on smoothing out the dialog updates, as far as a remove all I don't know, i'm starting to become quite limited on UI Space and to add more space to keep it as attractive as it is means I have to make it bigger and that will introduce headaches for me because I do all my dialogs by code and not a fancy UI Maker and to add to that point it could also make the UI to big for people with lower screen resolutions and people that use a 'BIG' UI Interface as to where I use small. There a lot of factors you have to take into account when making dialogs, I can however make it to where magazines are sorted by their name or something if that helps.

*Edit*

Scratch the sorting, that only made it worse -_-

I suppose I could add a remove add below removed, just will feel weird :\

Edited by Tonic-_-

I can work on smoothing out the dialog updates, as far as a remove all I don't know, i'm starting to become quite limited on UI Space and to add more space to keep it as attractive as it is means I have to make it bigger and that will introduce headaches for me because I do all my dialogs by code and not a fancy UI Maker and to add to that point it could also make the UI to big for people with lower screen resolutions and people that use a 'BIG' UI Interface as to where I use small. There a lot of factors you have to take into account when making dialogs, I can however make it to where magazines are sorted by their name or something if that helps.

I don't know if it is even possible, having never done anything UI in arma myself, but making it so right mouseclick removes the whole stack of a selected item would be awesome!

K, here is what I have so far so if you have a suggestion keep them coming.

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_handleItem for better handling in future.

Changed: Tweaks to VAS_fnc_fetchCfgDetails (Should display Ghillie suits till BIS fixes the config entries).

Changed: Tweaks to UI Experience, should no longer flash when adding/removing items.

Added: Ability to remove all magazines of a type or items of a type.

Added: Double clicking on a weapon/item/whatever adds it.

Added: Double clicking on a weapon/item/whatever removes it.

Anything else? I will be accepting suggestions till Monday then i'll push an update.

Hey tonic, any way of adding a weapon already loaded? I keep forgetting to add a magazine then add the weapon.

Of course for weapons with multiple ammo types it makes it hard to know which one to add.

other workarounds or thoughts on this would be great.

Ability to add weapons to backpack and maybe a capacity indicator?

Also is there a way to move the box around the screen?

Edited by brad7

I suppose I could add a remove add below removed, just will feel weird :\

On my screen it looked like the button for "remove" is a bit shorter than the box that shows you what items you have; maybe you can fit two boxes side-by-side, and have the one for "remove all" have text over two lines? Might make it look better than having remove all be below remove.

Can you add more slots to save loadouts? E.g 50 instead of 10

And an option to filter vanilla content from modded content