Sign in to follow this  
Trakko

Illegal Copies May Degrade

I bought my game from the steam store, and thus far it has been fine. However on a training excercise with a few members of the group I'm in a message quoted "-BRF- Trakko, illegal copies may degrade" shortly after I was disconnected ?

Anyone else had this problem, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

3jEOYBJ.png

Just for proof.

Edited by Trakko
Adding an image

That's just a server motd (message of the day). Server admin would of set it in the config to say that.

Doubtful that it would be related to you being disconnected (unless the are using it to mask kicking you for clanmates?)

No mate I was in a game with my clan, it was our game. Admin might've just been doing it for laughs lol. I'll speak to him now.

It was a hosted game from my computer, so I doubt that was the case.

It wasn't him, it was midway through the game. I've verified my cache and it's working now anyway so far. I'll let you know if it happens again.

No idea then. As far as I know there isn't any form of Anti-cheat in the alpha, so I fail to see why/how you would be getting messages such as these.

I was on a popular site earlier that I sometimes get films downloaded from and it looks like the game (A3) is cracked already. :(

I bought mine from steam and to my knowledge A2 was never cracked (might be wrong), if this is the case then it is sad to see as I can see hackers galore in the future. :(

Seems that a lot of Steam games suffer the same fate,even the big publishers,yet a lot of the smaller houses seem to escape this,don't know why.

Mick.