Sign in to follow this  
Ch3v4l13r

Any news on weapon resting ?

I tried the forum search and google search and couldn't find any news on weapon resting. In this interview Ivan Buchta said they didn't have any plans but were considering it. Is there any new info on this ? I really feel the game is missing a lot in the infantry game play without it. Most people avoid LMG because they know that the only way to effectively use it is to lay down but that is usually only a a option when you are on a hill when grass obscuring your view isn't a issue.

Also why are the developers so against it, in the interview Ivan says they had a "No way policy" on weapon resting. I really don't get it because its such a fundamental part of the infantry game play and i cant think of any reasons, realism or technical issues, not to have it.

Edited by Ch3v4l13r

I second that. Still missing are critical features of ACE mod such as weapon resting.

Without it , the LMG kicks hard, even proned. What's the use of the modelized bipod then ?

I hope they do implement weapon resting, would be cool to rest an MG on a car bonnet, ground, wall etc. if BIS don't implement it someone else will with a mad though I'd guess.

I second that. Still missing are critical features of ACE mod such as weapon resting.

Without it , the LMG kicks hard, even proned. What's the use of the modelized bipod then ?

I've heard that it's pretty much meant to visually distinguish the "SW" from the (other) MX variants, along with its special magazine and stock... after all, the Automatic Rifleman wields it by the vertical foregrip behind the bipod anyway! Edited by Chortles

I would like to add that i44 mod has a neat weapon resting system (auto-resting when close to wall, sand bags and such...) that would be awesome to see in Arma 3

i'm fully heart supporter of weapon resting , deploying on edges, surfaces and also of fixing / usage of bipod/tripod on weapons which have it , so you can be assured i'm requesting myself for us all :)

Very good to hear Dwarden, I hope this can be implimented! :)

Yes this was something that almost everyone missed in our coop session. Small feature that makes really big difference in gameplay.

But why should BI do it if ACE guys will definitely do it?

Because anything good that's in the game to begin with without mods is a plus. I would also like to see backblast simulated in standard Arma and some other nice features. :)

I'd like to have weapon resting without reliance on ACE :) As good as ACE is, I don't always use it.

I wish it was released as a standalone addon, of all the ACE features it's the one I wish I had all the time.

Probably the most painfully absent basic combat feature in the entire game. Even Bf3 had a bipod functionality, yet it's still absent in Arma 3 for some reason? The fact that ACE had it in since forever makes its absence even more perplexing.

Come on, this needs to be at the top of any feature list for implementation.

This is the third iteration of OFP and we still don't have these very basic features of infantry combat.

I wish they didn't do all those gimmicky diving stuff and worked on this very needed feature instead.

i'm fully heart supporter of weapon resting , deploying on edges, surfaces and also of fixing / usage of bipod/tripod on weapons which have it , so you can be assured i'm requesting myself for us all :)

Thanks for the reply Dwarden. Could you maybe give us any insight on were the team currently stands on this issue and what the reason in the past have been to not implement weapon resting?

actually it's the 6th (CWC, R, A1, A2, OA, A3) ... {i'm really sry to burst the bubble :p}

ACE will add it for sure, but it is true that it would be nice to have this fundamental feature a part of the base game.

wait- wait waaaaaait a minute here, Arma 2 never had weapon resting?

Arma 3 doesn't have it?

How could a game, or games, that are - I mean how could people complain about uniforms being stolen unrealistic but a feature such as this isn't even present, and won't be present?

I mean how could people complain about uniforms being stolen unrealistic but a feature such as this isn't even present, and won't be present?
Because people here have very... curious priorities and opinions on the BI forums on a regular basis to the point that it's become a punchline among Arma fans on other boards? :p

I would like to add that i44 mod has a neat weapon resting system (auto-resting when close to wall, sand bags and such...) that would be awesome to see in Arma 3

Yeah I must say that I44 if anything has the best weapon resting system out of the ArmA 2 modding community. It's automatic and dynamic.

because not everyone wants to gunk up their game with ace. no offense

Do you know how many games have this function though? I never even realized Arma 2 didn't have it. ???????

red orchestra 2 with proper bipod resting with correct pivots, instead of the weapon swinging around wildly. they also have a plethora of other innovative features, but they're more suited to its ww2 setting.

Edited by johncage

It's really sad there's no weapon resting feature in ARMA 3 yet. On my opinion, the absence of weapon resting really hurts the gameplay (and realism, of course) because, for example, fortifications, houses, defensive positions aren't of really much use in firefights right now. Moreover, it's an often situation, that a soldier in fortifications becomes weaker against a man on a clear field in firefight only because the man in the field can go prone and thus get overwhelming advantage in accuracy. That inconsistency really does not any good to the gameplay.

Edited by Drill