sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

Here's an early alpha beta version of CBA for ARMA 3.

Latest release: beta4

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha&p=2422849&viewfull=1#post2422849

(Also available on Play withSIX / SIX Updater)

For details about CBA for now best refer to the CBA for A2/OA thread

Edited by Sickboy

Yeaah! Thank you very much! :)

Great job, CBA is always necessary. I wonder, couldn't BIS just include this stuff into the game? All mods use it anyway.

Already?? U guys rock!!!!! :). Cant wait to see Domination on alpha .

There's not going to be Domi on Arma 3 the creator isn't going to be giving permission to port it as Domi dominated most servers.

Congrats to the quick Arma 3 Alpha release :)

Looking forward to its full potential :)

There's not going to be Domi on Arma 3 the creator isn't going to be giving permission to port it as Domi dominated most servers.

HAHA, you must be joking, is it copyrighted ? xeno sounds like man not allowing to recreate wheel for other purporses but only for making round pizza.

HAHA, you must be joking, is it copyrighted ? xeno sounds like man not allowing to recreate wheel for other purporses but only for making round pizza.

It's called "common sense" and "respect", two concepts that have worked very well in this community for the past 12 years and i don't see why it shouldn't work another 12 years.

However, please keep on topic which is CBA, not Domination.

Hey Sickboy, any comment right now on Play with Six updater? Can we expect to see this shortly with Arma 3 integration in Six?

I fail to understand how own claims ownership to content they can not legally own and therefor hold no copy write claim to ;). at least the end user license agreement seems to support this.

One can say you have to ask for permission, however, at the end of the day its really just a nod.

The other thing is you can't claim ownership on an idea.

Now if you created a custom model you can claim others can't use that, but at the end of the day bi still retains the rights.

Hey Sickboy, any comment right now on Play with Six updater? Can we expect to see this shortly with Arma 3 integration in Six?
play with six was already updated last night

The plan is to launch CBA on SIX once we have the other components up, and signed, but we can deviate from that.

Any estimates on how long it will be before the functions (more specifically, the CBA_fnc_globalExecute function) will be working? Thanks for the great work!

I need to have a proper look at that yet, but I think these functions have been included in Arma 3. Have a look at the function library, I think it's under A3/Misc (or network, don't have the game launched right now).

I need to have a proper look at that yet, but I think these functions have been included in Arma 3. Have a look at the function library, I think it's under A3/Misc (or network, don't have the game launched right now).

I saw the BIS_fnc_MP script, but it doesn't appear to work the way I'm using it. I tried [[],"myscript.sqf",true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;, but the code doesn't seem to be executing on me (server) or the client. Everything around that script is though, I have hints both before and after it. It's under A3/MP btw.

Edit: I have a thread up for this, so please ignore this here where it's now out of place. Anyway, Excellent work guys! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147854-Multiplayer-Framework&p=2316367#post2316367

Edited by Orion987

Thanks alot for this, where would we be without CBA, don't want to think about it...

Thanks..