Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

It seems since I updated to 1.5, when I try to join servers, it opens the game, but just leaves me on the main menu, rather than taking me to the server.

It seems since I updated to 1.5, when I try to join servers, it opens the game, but just leaves me on the main menu, rather than taking me to the server.
Hmm, cannot reproduce so far, I've tried to join server with Omni Button saying "Join", and the context menu available directly on a server,

both joined me into the server directly.

Which game have you tried?

Do you have the option "Use elevated service to minimize UAC prompts" enabled or disabled?

Are you sure you're not kicked back into the main menu after joining?

If still issues, could you please send the log files of both the game and the app, and the par file; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

Thanks!

Another beta release available:

1.5.2.681 BETA (September 30, 2013)

• Added: Ability to clear Recent list in library
  • Added: UAC check for mod and synq path
  • Fixed: Could add the same mod from different sources multiple times to collection
  • Fixed: Custom repository name handling
  • Fixed: Custom repository url handling
  • Fixed: Local mods disappear from collection when switching games
  • Fixed: Mod update progress only visible for first mod that is being processed
  • Other: Disable deselect buttons in controller when no context
  • Other: Improved library navigation item selection (e.g when searching, or initially)
  • Other: Improved server filters
  • Other: Selecting a chat message removes unread status
  • Other: Show the url of custom repo yml file on failure

Frequency should soon drop again in preparation of PwS 1.6 which will arrive together with our new web platform :) Edited by Sickboy

I was actually getting some strange errors that I didn't have time to report yesterday, that go along with it all. I'll make sure and get the relevant stuff uploaded for you to take a look at. Thanks SB.

Hi mate, really keen to try out the new beta version of Pw6 but Im unsure on how to get the latest beta version. Im stuck on 1.3 and the auto-updater doesnt seem to work. How would I be able to update?

Nevermind, didnt realise its a portable version now. Looking really nice!

Edited by Modder

Another Beta available, this should be the last before 1.5.2 release on stable channel!

1.5.2.687 BETA (October 1, 2013)

• Added: Additional library filter fields (author, min and max size)
  • Added: "Move" menu entry to Local Mods section
  • Fixed: Filtering search results showed wrong count for 'out of x total results'
  • Fixed: Recovery when version data of SIX tools is corrupted
  • Fixed: Updating shared files could cause file in use error
  • Other: Improved context sensitive menus
  • Other: Improved exception dialog max height
  • Other: Improved indent of repositories with children under Online section of library
  • Other: Improved library search accuracy of recently added/removed items
  • Other: Improved library search performance
  • Other: Improved REST exception message

1.5.2.685 BETA (October 1, 2013)

• Added: Dialog when trying to remove mod that is required or add one that is already in
  • Fixed: Additional mods handling
  • Fixed: Clear in recent list was lacking label in production
  • Other: Activate collection after cloning
  • Other: Improved timer disposal
  • Other: Improved server down handling

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Hi mate, really keen to try out the new beta version of Pw6 but Im unsure on how to get the latest beta version. Im stuck on 1.3 and the auto-updater doesnt seem to work. How would I be able to update?

Nevermind, didnt realise its a portable version now. Looking really nice!

Thanks! We were going for that! :cool:

UI change wise (and in general too, actually) 1.5 is probably the biggest update in PwS history so far,

probably only surpassed by upcoming 2.0, probably early next year :)

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

I was actually getting some strange errors that I didn't have time to report yesterday, that go along with it all. I'll make sure and get the relevant stuff uploaded for you to take a look at. Thanks SB.

I see, thanks, looking forward!

I downloaded 2 army addons from pws and both have config errors?

is it a coincidence or is it something to do with PWS?

I downloaded the GIGN and the PLA army.

both do not work through PWS

There seems to be a problem with the MP browser in the latest betas (tested on .693 & .695). The MP browser populates only for the first selected game when you start PWS, changing to another game won't download a server list but going back to the first game will work.

The only way to populate a game's server list is to select it in PWS, close PWS and upon restart the MP browser will work only for it (first selected game).

So I got on the GetSatisfaction page today to try and upload those logs, but I just couldn't get signed in no matter what I did.

Using latest version of Chrome. Whenever I try to post, of course it pops up and asks me if I'd like to log in. When I click on it, I logged in using steam, and it seemed like everything went smoothly. But on the previous page, it said "waiting for you to log in..." So I closed out of the login window, and tried to post again. Didn't work. So I reloaded the page. I noticed I wasn't logged in up top. So I tried to log in up there instead. I then went through the same process, only this time I was already logged in to the pop-up window. But the previous window continues to tell me it's waiting on me to log in. So I attempted to log into the previous account I'd created there. After a while of trying to remember the password, it also logged in just fine on the pop-out window. But again, no changes to previous behavior. At this point, I can't post anything on there. :|

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I miss dev-heaven. :P

I'm running the latest beta, and I'm not sure if my problem came about 2 or 3 updates ago, but it was certainly recent...

I have a collection set up (with 34 addon folders). Some are A2 items, some are A3 (along with AiA, of course) and some are local and some are synced. When I run the game through PwS now, not all of the mods load in the game. For example (and it's not just this map), FATA won't show up in my editor when it did (using PwS) several versions/betas ago. Very strange. When I run a .bat file without PwS, everything loads. This is with the various Dev versions of A3, if that matters.

Very strange and frustrating.

There seems to be a problem with the MP browser in the latest betas (tested on .693 & .695). The MP browser populates only for the first selected game when you start PWS, changing to another game won't download a server list but going back to the first game will work.

The only way to populate a game's server list is to select it in PWS, close PWS and upon restart the MP browser will work only for it (first selected game).

Should be sorted in 697 released yesterday.
So I got on the GetSatisfaction page today to try and upload those logs, but I just couldn't get signed in no matter what I did.

Using latest version of Chrome. Whenever I try to post, of course it pops up and asks me if I'd like to log in. When I click on it, I logged in using steam, and it seemed like everything went smoothly. But on the previous page, it said "waiting for you to log in..." So I closed out of the login window, and tried to post again. Didn't work. So I reloaded the page. I noticed I wasn't logged in up top. So I tried to log in up there instead. I then went through the same process, only this time I was already logged in to the pop-up window. But the previous window continues to tell me it's waiting on me to log in. So I attempted to log into the previous account I'd created there. After a while of trying to remember the password, it also logged in just fine on the pop-out window. But again, no changes to previous behavior. At this point, I can't post anything on there. :|

hmm, sorry to hear, we will look into this mid-next week, in the mean time, you should also be able to register directly at getsatisfaction, instead of using the SSO option.
I'm running the latest beta, and I'm not sure if my problem came about 2 or 3 updates ago, but it was certainly recent...

I have a collection set up (with 34 addon folders). Some are A2 items, some are A3 (along with AiA, of course) and some are local and some are synced. When I run the game through PwS now, not all of the mods load in the game. For example (and it's not just this map), FATA won't show up in my editor when it did (using PwS) several versions/betas ago. Very strange. When I run a .bat file without PwS, everything loads. This is with the various Dev versions of A3, if that matters.

Very strange and frustrating.

Will have a look, it could be helpful if you could please send us the log files, and the parfile; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

thanks!

Should be sorted in 697 released yesterday.

Thanks, all games work OK except ArmA:Armed Assault. When I select the MP server I get this error:

jcuN1p3.jpg

hmm, sorry to hear, we will look into this mid-next week, in the mean time, you should also be able to register directly at getsatisfaction, instead of using the SSO option.

For the short-term we've hooked up a public github project; https://github.com/SIXNetworks/withSIX-tracker/issues (main reason being that the tooling is all setup to work with this atm),

for the near-future we will come up with something permanent :)

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Thanks, all games work OK except ArmA:Armed Assault. When I select the MP server I get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/jcuN1p3.jpg

Thanks, ARMA1 is actually implemented specially for AllInArma, will consider adding server browser support etc, but currently on low prio due to imminent 1.6 release etc :)

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

New Play withSIX 1.6 beta available!

With first class AllInArma local mods support!

2cqjfyg_thumb.png | xap98o_thumb.png

1.6.0.701 BETA (October 5, 2013)

• Added: First class local mods support for AllInArma
  • Fixed: Custom collection local mods
  • Fixed: Local mods sometimes didn't load
  • Fixed: Selected mission button bar
  • Fixed: Server list not refreshing when selecting another game
  • Other: Improved alignment of buttons (solves (in)visible additional button click areas)
  • Other: Improved context menu entry naming
  • Other: Improved startup parameters in Game Info overlay
  • Other: Remove "Update installed" button when clicked, or otherwise opened Check for Updates overlay

1.6.0.695 BETA (October 3, 2013)

• Added: 'Incompatible' mod state
  • Added: Latest post/mod update
  • Added: Security status tooltip to Status bar
  • Added: Offline state shown in status bar at bottom
  • Added: Prepared Mission Library, missions are currently grouped by game mode
  • Added: Stats/texts of Mods, Missions and Servers blocks, and improved colors, especially when nothing selected; showing total available items, installed items, and for servers e.g numplayers
  • Other: Default behavior of minimize button is now minimize to taskbar, close button is minimize to tray. Shows popup in tray to inform the user about this. Disabling the tray icon, or disabling 'close to tray' prevents this
  • Other: Enhanced collection name editor, now supports ENTER/Escape to quit editing name
  • Other: Improved AllInArma support
  • Other: Improved exception when can't launch because shared files missing
  • Other: Improved library navigation headers
  • Other: Improved new collection naming
  • Other: Improved Offline mode support when Windows did not detect that the internet connection is actualluy down.
  • Other: Improved UAC checks
  • Other: No longer see "Add to collection" button if mod is already part of the collection
  • Other: Some performance enhancements
  • Other: Synq indexes are now sorted alphabetically
  • Other: ToolTips with 'full text' only shown if the textblock is actually trimmed ('some long text w...')
  • Other: User is presented with dialog when no sync with the API has ever completed

I'm afraid I'm not finding the current interface very user-friendly.

If I select a collection, it shows me the mods currently assigned to it but then to browse through other mods I have to click on Local - Mods or Online - SIX Networks and then I can't see which mods are already in the Collection.

Whilst clicking on a mod does in most cases NOT show the "Add to" button if it's already in the Collection, this isn't working for everything and @BaBe_midTex is showing the "Add to " button but when I click it, it says it's already part of the collection.

It's a pain to have to click on each mod to see this anyway and it would be better if the Uptodate/Not Installed icon could be a different colour to indicate mods already assigned to the selected Collection.

Whatever my addon loading issue was, it seems to have been fixed with 1.6.x.

I'm afraid I'm not finding the current interface very user-friendly.

If I select a collection, it shows me the mods currently assigned to it but then to browse through other mods I have to click on Local - Mods or Online - SIX Networks and then I can't see which mods are already in the Collection.

Whilst clicking on a mod does in most cases NOT show the "Add to" button if it's already in the Collection, this isn't working for everything and @BaBe_midTex is showing the "Add to " button but when I click it, it says it's already part of the collection.

It's a pain to have to click on each mod to see this anyway and it would be better if the Uptodate/Not Installed icon could be a different colour to indicate mods already assigned to the selected Collection.

Is it that you only need to be able to see which mods are already in the collection when browsing on the other screens? Or is there something different you like to be improved for the interface to be more user-friendly while handling collections?

I think we can rather quickly implement a clearer signal indicating a mod is already in the collection or not.

NICE work with the latest version (1.6+)! A3 AiA support works MUCH better now, even with *locally* installed mods! Thankyou!!!!!!

Whatever my addon loading issue was, it seems to have been fixed with 1.6.x.
Excellent, glad to hear!
Servers down for playwithsix?
Not that we're aware of? What are you experiencing?
NICE work with the latest version (1.6+)! A3 AiA support works MUCH better now, even with *locally* installed mods! Thankyou!!!!!!

Awesome! And NP!

Is it that you only need to be able to see which mods are already in the collection when browsing on the other screens? Or is there something different you like to be improved for the interface to be more user-friendly while handling collections?

I think we can rather quickly implement a clearer signal indicating a mod is already in the collection or not.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding awkward at the moment, not being able to see which mods are already in the collection easily, so I find myself having to switch back to the Collection screen to check. It's probably clearest when you can see the list of mods already in the collection on the left, with the available mods browse list on the right but I realise that would probably be a lot of work to implement. If you can find some way to identify and mark the already added mods in the browse list, then I guess you could probably quite easily make these all appear together at the top of the list, which would be almost as good as having a list of already added mods on the left.

Latest BETA available! So far 1.6 is still on schedule for Wednesday night, with major API updates left... ;)

1.6.0.703 BETA (October 6, 2013)

• Added: Basic indicator for mods that are in the currently active collection ('i')
  • Added: Local missions containers for game and user folder
  • Added: "Use x" context menu options, to activate an item
  • Fixed: Able to end up with no game selected
  • Fixed: Could seemingly add mod that already exists in the set, even though it was already in
  • Fixed: Crash opportunity due to null lists
  • Fixed: Error opportunity due to wrong custom repo url
  • Fixed: Mod update info in omni button tooltip was not refreshed when switching to not installed game
  • Fixed: Official server support for supported mods
  • Fixed: Running game buttons would sometimes not work properly
  • Fixed: Single mods did not get their icon shown in the mod info block
  • Fixed: Switching back and forth between mod versions (of e.g beta_oa) because dependencies did not try to use the latest 'stable' version
  • Other: Added "Enable Beta updates" option to the Check for Updates page (duplicated from settings)
  • Other: Disabled menu for AllInArma built-in container
  • Other: Disconnected game selection from activation (double click activates a game, just like in the libraries)
  • Other: Improved 'latest package/bundle' selection when no version or branch specified
  • Other: Improved UI consistency when switching between games
  • Other: Improved mod update status in omni button tooltip
  • Other: Improved startup parameter handling
  • Other: Replaced Official Server text marker with icon
  • Other: Refresh startup parameter info on Game Info overlay when changes occur

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Yeah, that's what I'm finding awkward at the moment, not being able to see which mods are already in the collection easily, so I find myself having to switch back to the Collection screen to check. It's probably clearest when you can see the list of mods already in the collection on the left, with the available mods browse list on the right but I realise that would probably be a lot of work to implement. If you can find some way to identify and mark the already added mods in the browse list, then I guess you could probably quite easily make these all appear together at the top of the list, which would be almost as good as having a list of already added mods on the left.

We hope the bandaid applied in build 703 will help the situation at least, we're working out final solution.

Perhaps we could abuse the navigation section on the left to add mods as children to the Collections (collapsed by default), pretty much like SIX Updater had it :o

however I do believe it is not natural, just like you only have folders in the left navigation of Windows Explorer, and not files :)

(OTOH, as Mod(FOLDERS) are actually folders, it might not be that far fetched either)

But let's see what Para and the rest of us can come up with ;-)

I am having some trouble getting Arma 3 to launch through Play withSix. Each time I click on "Launch Game", the box greys out, but the game doesn't launch. Install directories seem to be correct, administrator settings as well. I can launch the game from Play withSix shortcuts, but no mods load. Any tips?

VVVVV Play withSix

Actually it occurred that there was an error screen. It requires 'operation elevation'. I submitted a error report, but I couldn't get it to run Arma despite relaunching it numerous times as administrator etc.

Solved: It seems you have to make it run as admin for all users.

Edited by Flaky