Placebo

Arma 3 Photography : Questions and Comments

This thread is for discussing and or commenting on photos from the

Arma 3 Photography thread.

No quoting of images please and no campaign or mission spoilers.

Edited by Placebo
  • Like 1

Yes, all user created screenshots go to the photography thread. That means no media shots and stuff like press releases, that's what goes into the media thread.

John Cage, bird shit pic brilliant, but is the ghillie suit from the Alpha or an addon, because i dont seem to have any ghillie's in my Alpha...!

Link to post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147389-Arma-3-Photography-No-images-over-100kb-Pictures-only-NO-comments!&p=2325166&viewfull=1#post2325166

I've had to set these as my background, how did you get rid of the HUD + any other secrets?

Thanks mate. The easiest way to get into the spectate or free-cam mode is to go into editor, add some units and and launch a preview. Once in-game push escape to pause the game, press F1 and select camera. The initial controls are a little clunky but you can bind controls for the bulldozer to your preference to get better control.

The other way to get into the camera is to add a command line into your player or a trigger. This gives you a little more control as you can slow down time, so if I've got a little bird up or a skirmish between OPFOR and BLUFOR that I want to take pictures of, I'll slow down time a ton making it easier for me to set up a photo. Makes for some sweet video as well. Check out this video on how to go about that:

Edited by Beard
spelling errors

Sabre do you plan on releasing this amazing stuff at some point or is it just eye candy because if that's the case your going to make a grown man cry :(... amazing work non-the-less.

Post #84, pure win, haha! Great shot!

I've just bee browsing the whole thread, some really amazing pictures in there, keep it up lads!

And oh wow! Post #76! TankCommander, amazing stuff!

Nice shot there Mattar_Tharkari.

Love the 1st pic ChrisB of the moonlight on the water :cool:

Love that grey paint scheme, iz very sexeh. Also like the detail you added with the burn marks from the exhaust along the tail, now if only they would fix that darn exhaust instead of leaving the ticket resolved under false pretense.

What are you up to Sabre? I see that flag! :bounce3:

Edit:- just viewed that pic again fullscreen and saw what you called that .jpg - very clever!

Nothing overly exciting unfortunately just playing with stuff waiting for the full release :)

Edited by Sabre

SQB-SMA, extremly nice pics! Not so oversharped and static, more lifelike with realistic HDR effects.

SQB-SMA, extremly nice pics! Not so oversharped and static, more lifelike with realistic HDR effects.

Thanks, I'm using sweetfx to overexpose them (sort of a Hable Filmic HDR effect, that's become very popular in other games like Project CARS and Battlefield 3/4) and then leaving F.Lux on which makes them go burnt orange (I don't actually see that colour in game because f.lux doesn't work on fullscreen applications). I figure leaving it on is neat for a little variety.

No post editing or photoshopping in any of the pictures, apart from cropping out the HUD.

I'd like to know that as well.

Sabre's US Army with helmet and vest from Alex Vestin's AV_IndUS, although it looks like the 1ID patch was stuck on there.