Sign in to follow this  
AdamWayne

Battleye causing multiplayer lag

Hello, I am having an issue with battleye. Whenever I join a multiplayer server with battleye enabled, as soon as battleye computes my GUID, my game starts majorly stuttering every second. It's to the point where it makes the game unplayable. I know that it's caused by battleye because I can run the game perfectly fine in single player and in servers with battleye disabled, but as soon as I join any server with it enabled, the problem starts. I've searched for answers all over, and none of them have worked. I've tried manually updating battleye, disabling my firewall and antivirus, reinstalling the game, and none of it has worked. I'm at my wits' end. If someone could help me solve this problem I would be very grateful.

I really hope they fix this soon. It's causing lag in my clan's life server. It causes the scripts to load really slowly and we had to disable battleye to make it playable again.

I knew I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue. I'd seen another thread on the forums, but it didn't seem to answer any questions. The thing is, I used to be able to play without any lag, and then I suppose an update to battleye occurred and screwed everything up.

I have been looking for a solution to this for ages, and I finally fixed it. Disable Windows Firewall, or create an exception for BattlEye in it (haven't tried this part yet, but Windows Firewall was definitely the source of my problem).

I have been looking for a solution to this for ages, and I finally fixed it. Disable Windows Firewall, or create an exception for BattlEye in it (haven't tried this part yet, but Windows Firewall was definitely the source of my problem).

may I ask

what Windows OS you have?

how exactly You made the Windows Firewall exception rule and for what binary ?

I should mention that the problem returned and there is now no way to fix it. And with ArmA 3 implementing BE, I'm getting the same problem but worse. A3 is completely unplayable; my framerate has ground to a halt. This is ridiculous. Does no one else have this issue?