Sign in to follow this  
DnA

December 2012 status update

Hi community!

Unfortunately you've had to wait for a while for any news on Arma 3. Today we've published a brief update on our website about the project. I realize it may not be the news you were hoping for, and there are not many details as of yet. In all honesty, even we are still in the dark about various aspects, but please stick around for more information in the new year. The team definitely is keen on getting the game done as best and quickly as possible :)

In what might be described as an eventful year, Bohemia Interactive has decided to postpone the release of Arma 3. The additional development time enables the project to reach its full potential, with the studio expecting to finalize their release plans in the new year.

Source: bistudio.com

Thanks for the info. With the exception of Dan Musil leaving, most of this was already expected, but it's nice to have some confirmation. :)

Btw. congrats on the "promotion", I guess. :D

Guess most people would have expect some new ingame pictures or even a cutscene from A3. Is there really nothing to show + say from A3 development or is all work on A3 temporarily stopped until DayZ is done/released?

I am happy to hear something even if its not that much info, anything is better than complete silcence. :)

Guess most people would have expect some new ingame pictures or even a cutscene from A3. Is there really nothing to show + say from A3 development or is all work on A3 temporarily stopped until DayZ is done/released?

I read this, and all I can think is "ungrateful little...."

Wasn't it delayed a few months ago with a release date of 2013?

Indeed was. There it was said Q1 2013 if I'm right. Now 2013 can be anything, even 12/31/2013. A little bit more detail would have been nice.

Anyway, congrats Joris. :)

Appears to be a very sympathetic gesture to me, I'm incredibly pleased with BI doing everything they possibly can to help getting Martin Pezlar and Ivan Buchta home. I really want to get ArmA 3 asap, but not at the expense of those who designed it.

now i do hope, for some slight arma 3 alpha information. Me and my buddy, no matter what game we are playing, we always ending up, thinking and talking about arma 3 alpha. :)

I read this, and all I can think is "ungrateful little...."

I agree with NoRailgunner, one or two new in-game shots would have been welcome. The only real news in this is the new project lead, the 2013 release date was pretty obvious given how little 2012 is left.

I sure am glad about new life signs from the game, and congratulations to the new project lead :) You take on (pun intended) a pretty tough job there. All the best of luck.

Well, that was an immense disappointment ... But I've come to expect that.

Edited by Sethos

Thanks for the info, would have been nice with a a few words about the alpha though :)

Perfect, more time to finish our new website! :)

Thanks for the update!

2013 as in calendar year or as in fical year?

If the latter, that guarantees an earlier release, because the 2014 FY starts in October 2013.

Congratulations Joris-Jan! :cheers:

Now of course we will expect Dutch forces in the game :bounce3: (will make the campaign too easy to win, but the awesomeness factor makes it worth it)

@NoRailgunner: I could react to your comment, but I'm off to play DayZ ;)

DM please explain what is so "ungrateful" looking and asking for more/better informations about current A3 status from BIS? How is it wrong to assume that the upcoming "DayZ standalone" release get's all the time and care from BIS??

The only real news in this is the new project lead, the 2013 release date was pretty obvious given how little 2012 is left.

Daniel left at the end of Oct. It took them till the middle of December to use that as an excuse, after months of nothing, to tell us it's "officially delayed"? We've known for half of 2012 that ArmA3 wasn't going to ship this year. That's not news.

How about an update on the Community Alpha or how the Physx update is going or if anything at all is happening with ArmA3? I'm just gonna continue my assumption that ArmA3 is vaporware I guess. Heck, they didn't even say the game would come out in 2013, just that "release plans" would be "finalized" in 2013. Vaporware. The said the same thing last year too.

Ok, so:

1. Congratz for your promotion Joris

2. Any update is good enough for me.

3. I have nothing against dev. time and resources being moved to the DayZ project, as long as some of the profit made gets re-invested into ArmA 3. (note that I am actually interested and will play DayZ as well, but ArmA will always be my nr. 1 interest). Plus, we can always assume that , more dev time = more polish...so yeah.

4. My adult self agrees with point 2, my kiddie self wants some in game media so he can pleasure himself mentally to it.

Operative;2263897']2013 as in calendar year or as in fical year?

If the latter' date=' that guarantees an earlier release, because the 2014 FY starts in October 2013.[/quote']

There is no definition of when a fiscal year starts. Different countries and different companies have their fiscal years end and start at different times...

Daniel left at the end of Oct. It took them till the middle of December to use that as an excuse, after months of nothing, to tell us it's "officially delayed"? We've known for half of 2012 that ArmA3 wasn't going to ship this year. That's not news.

How about an update on the Community Alpha or how the Physx update is going or if anything at all is happening with ArmA3? I'm just gonna continue my assumption that ArmA3 is vaporware I guess. Heck, they didn't even say the game would come out in 2013, just that "release plans" would be "finalized" in 2013. Vaporware. The said the same thing last year too.

I might not agree with the stance that the game is vaporware, however your overall position I stand fully behind.

I've been a loyal customer ever since the release of Operation Flashpoint and the ability to fly upside down, I own every major product and DLC BIS has released and I've defended their games whenever possible yet this is the first time I feel a sort of animosity towards them. The information flow is completely laughable to the point where I question their interest in the consumer, stringing people along for an Alpha and when the time finally comes where some supposed information at least should be revealed it's just pushed further away with a 'December update' that appears to be written in record time. When people ask for any sort of information on the forum the threads are locked and removed or someone just heckles them by some blind BIS defence.

Also at this point, public media in terms of videos and screenshots almost rivals Rockstar's bait'n'tease PR tactics.

I don't even know whether ArmA 3 is actually still a primary focus project for BIS or they devoted tons of resources to work on DayZ. Perhaps the whole Greece situation has become an overshadowing factor. Their entire public face is about keeping people in the dark.

Can we please for once get some substantial, honest information. Nobody is asking for an immediate release of the Alpha or the game just some actual information instead of these useless snippets of more delays and pushing things.

Thanks for the update. Take your time, get it right! I'm happy to wait a bit longer.