Sign in to follow this  
nicklomas

AI is poor at best

Does anyone else have problems with this. Never noticed it until now but when I was playing I noticed that opposing soldiers were running straight past each other! It was a tiny bit laggy so could this be the computer struggling to keep the AI working properly?

If your CPU is overloaded and your frame rate is low, that can affect the quality of the AI.

That's a shame, I think my graphics card must be dying then as i have my graphics set to medium and only 100-150 units fighting, used to have full graphics and massive battles :(

I was talking about the cpu, not your graphics card... but I think maybe low frame rate in general can cause weirdness with the ai. Do you have a low frame rate?

I noticed the same thing with the last betas. Do you use them?

Sometime the ennemy are face to face and nobody open fire.(only 30 AI, never seen this problem before)

It seems the ai is more gluttonous now.

Edited by EricFr

If you guys are having issues with AI or other stuff related to the beta patch your using, it would make more sense to report that on the beta thread itself, so BIS can look into it and fix it.

Or use the bug tracker for the game and make sure you put which beta your using.