Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 98220 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

" ... some AI fixes spotted ... " :)

[98219] Improved: AI now smarter when selecting attack position, it should no more plan attacks from very close (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32115)

+ some beta regressions fixed

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: deployed on STEAM!

Edited by Dwarden

Lots of Beta builds coming out these days, with many good changes/fixes. Thanks for your continuing effort!

Oh wow - smarter AT AI! Haven't played Arma in a while but really loving all the AI attention lately :)

Very great to see even more AI changes coming. Similar to this fix, the AI members could stop planning too much, when they are following leader and he is getting far away. Just run after him until close enough again (especially when ordered to stay aware) e.g. under 50m away.

AT AI improved->confirmed

Now they are shooting without running around the block for half a minute.

Excellent. AI improvements. Just what the doctor ordered.

Very great to see even more AI changes coming. Similar to this fix, the AI members could stop planning too much, when they are following leader and he is getting far away. Just run after him until close enough again (especially when ordered to stay aware) e.g. under 50m away.

+1 My thoughts exactly regarding squad AI...

Either this Beta patch or Steam screwed my Arma up. Steam asks me to convert the game files, and when it does, I can't run it!

I get massive performance breakdowns in Warfare only a couple of minutes into the mission with this build. Rolling back to 98148 solves the issue. Did anyone else notice this?

I get massive performance breakdowns in Warfare only a couple of minutes into the mission with this build. Rolling back to 98148 solves the issue. Did anyone else notice this?
No I did not notice any breakdowns, quite the opposite but keep in mind that Warfare performance is often dependent of remore A.I. amount at a time....and very dependent on the server.

Were vehicels involved? Did you use mods?

Check my post at the buttom of ths page and try to verify

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32115

Thanks Tonci, I followed the ticket since some days ago but didn't get to play. Yes, vehicles are involved and the time the lagging starts is at first enemy contact. So this confirms your observations I guess. I didn't try your example mission thou, will try it tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

No I did not notice any breakdowns, quite the opposite but keep in mind that Warfare performance is often dependent of remore A.I. amount at a time....and very dependent on the server.

Yes, I know. This was in SP thou and only a couple of minutes into the game. I think Tonci is spot on with the relation to vehicles engaging/beeing engaged. I will try to verify his observations.

Yes, I also received this breakdown after enemy AI infantry were forced into danger mode after an initial surprise attack. Was getting 1-2 fps until I decided to suspend and reload the SP mission (similar to Warfare). After that all was smooth again. Very odd. Vehicles were not involved in this specific initial skirmish, however they were immediately called for reinforcements to back up the infantry squad(s) (due to mission scripting) being attacked.

I'm getting huge FPS drops (and I don't use ACE). Haven't quite tied down the cause as yet - as there is a huge amount of action going on, even from the start of my mission.

Did you guys use ACE when you got those FPS drops??

Neg, no ACE here. ASR AI, TPWC, TPWLOS and SLX AI findcover. No fps drop in v98148.

I can run OA and Arma 2 Free fine, but if I want to run CO is get the "The game is currently unavailable (Application running)" error! This started happening to me and my friend today! It has to be either the new Beta patch or a Steam update causing it. And please note that Steam asked to convert game content before this!

Did you guys use ACE when you got those FPS drops??

Nope, no ACE but ASR_AI on my side.

Neg, no ACE here. ASR AI, TPWC, TPWLOS and SLX AI findcover.
Nope, no ACE but ASR_AI on my side.
You should first try to run the game without any non-BIS addons.

It seems there is a conflict between some AI code in the addons and the newly tweaked AI behavior, but to fix it is usually up to the addon makers.

I also got the slowdown, but only with JSRS sound mod, usually SM dont cause fps drop, but JSRS got some distance script, so that probably thats the cause.