Sign in to follow this  
annoluce

Shame on FX Interactive

Hi everybody,

Max speaking. A poor intalian guy who bought the FX Interactive distribution boxed game. Fatal mistake.

The game is really well located in italian, but getting to the issue: it's impossible to update it to 1.05 patch. What's more, FX support says they don't know if Hinds is going to work (I suppose: it won't).

I wrote a mail to their support asking for information. The 1st answer was "the patch can seriously damage the game". I insisted, requesting more puntual answers to my questions. The answers are: 1) we are working on the patch to be released through FX Interactive auto-updater but we don't know when it wil be released (maybe never or when I will get old); 2) We simply don't know if Hinds i supported. Unbelievable!!

Now, we know that a trained monkey is more than enough to be on duty on an average contact center, but it's really unbelievable that I spent 20 euro for the full game and I cannot update it, nor buy a legitimate digital content like Hinds, nor play the noisecontrollers free pack. I want them! I have a legitimate copy!!

So what is the solution here? Buy the whole new package (TOH+Hinds) that will cost me 30 more euro?

Again, shame on FX Interactive. All said, I'll never buy another game from them.I am very disappointed, to use an euphemism.

Who is FX Interactive? :confused:

Why would you buy the game from them instead of Bohemia Interactive, anyway? :raisebrow:

As much as this situation sucks for you, we here can't help you at all. And your complaints should be posted at FX Interactive (whoever they are), not here.

Search the forum for "FX Interactive" and try to contact other affected people via PM/mail.

Maybe they can tell you more.

Thank you anyway.sure like hell I will buy fro big store.that's not the point though.

FX interactive is an official authorized Italian and Spanish distributor for toh.so there are commercial agreements between them and Bohemia.I bought a copy and part of the profit goes to Bohemia so they are involved.I am a customer of Bohemia exactly like you or anybody else who bought from their store,exactly like a Chinese buying an iPhone from Beijing is a customer of apple.

So I have the right of enjoying dlc just like anybody else and Bohemia should take care of pushing on their distributors in order to enable their customers to access patches and dlc.otherwise I'm an angry customer just as if I bought from the store online and the game did not worked.too philosophic maybe,but real.

What's more,maybe on this forum there is someone who can help me installing dlc anyway with some trick.

As much as this situation sucks for you, we here can't help you at all. And your complaints should be posted at FX Interactive (whoever they are), not here.

Next time, buy BI games directly at their Store and have no problems with updates and DLCs. :)

There's a difference between distributors and publishers. In the power balance between developers and publishers, usually the publishers have the power, ergo the BI store and sprocket-idea. Like w0lle said, anything to do with non-retail distribution is the publisher's problem, therefore you must contact the publisher.

Edited by Max Power

You could try to file a complaint at your local/national consumer protection agency.

In Italy, filing a complaint at consumer protection agency is useless.

I issued a complaint with FX Interactive customer support Director, instead.

Will keep you posted about the outcome.

I fear that if I want to enjoy the full experience I'll end up purchasing a new copy from the BI store.

You could try to file a complaint at your local/national consumer protection agency.

In Italy, filing a complaint at consumer protection agency is useless.

I issued a complaint with FX Interactive customer support Director, instead.

Will keep you posted about the outcome.

I fear that if I want to enjoy the full experience I'll end up purchasing a new copy from the BI store.

Good luck man! I hope it works out for you.

Hi guys, my 2 cents, probably all he needs is a different installer (the Bohemia Interactive one) right ? with all respect i think it's a little bit crazy he has to rebuy the game because of a stupid distributor.. after all he has already payed for the license to play, maybe Bohemia Interactive can "donate" him an installer ? of course annoluce must demonstrate he has a legit copy and a legit serial.. what do you think ? bye!

Hi guys, my 2 cents, probably all he needs is a different installer (the Bohemia Interactive one) right ? with all respect i think it's a little bit crazy he has to rebuy the game because of a stupid distributor.. after all he has already payed for the license to play, maybe Bohemia Interactive can "donate" him an installer ? of course annoluce must demonstrate he has a legit copy and a legit serial.. what do you think ? bye!

So I live in Chicago, IL USA, and if I am walking down the Street and find a no-name PC game distributor, buy Battlefield 3 for $10 less than from EA, but find that the version I bought had been modified to ONLY be able to play the vanilla BF3 and not ANY of the additional Maps or Addon content, EA should pay for this for me?

I don't think so! :nono:

I had my options, and made my choice to get it from these clowns on the street. I could have easily just gone to EA.com and bought it, but I wanted to save $10.

So who's fault is this? Their's( EA, in this case BI )?

Same applies here. He bought the game, from a distributor, and NOT BIS. His problem lies with FX Interactive, and has NOTHING to do with Bohemia Interactive Studios. If he has to buy another copy of the game, from BIS this time, then consider it a small price to pay for the lesson learned; a jacktard penalty if you will.

Bottom line: BUY ONLY FROM LEGITIMATE AND REPUTABLE DISTRIBUTORS, OR THE DEVELOPERS!

I agree that it sucks for him, but when you Google Take On Helicopters, FX Interactive DOES NOT SHOW UP!

I perfectly understand your point of view Sven2157 but i think at least BIS should give licenses to distributors with a claus that says the game cannot be modified in any way, you know, i think such issues indirectly hurt BIS image too, for example i have buyed all my games from BIS store but a lot of people don't know they can go towards these kind of problems when they find the dvd game version they want for example in a store..

about FX Interactive i've found these links

http://www.fxinteractive.com/it/p371/

http://www.fxinteractive.com/it/p371/extras.htm

and a trailer on the youtube official channel

in the comments there's another angry user

according to some sites FX Interactive is the official italian retail distributor of the game

http://www.pcprofessionale.it/2012/03/12/take-on-helicopters/

http://www.ilbloggatore.com/2012-01-26/fx-interactive-distribuira-in-italia-take-on-helicopters-a-partire-dal-1-marzo/

so i think BIS should review the distribution license policies to avoid these kind of problems in future

bye!

UPDATE: FX Interactive has completely localized the game in italian, probably they have modified a lot of stuff and now they can't do the same thing with the other patches.. if i was in BIS i would be angry thinking some players can't play the game the right way

http://www.fxinteractive.com/noticias/tkoh-precam-ita.html

Edited by t0t3m
typos

Hi,

thank you guys for your replies and support.

If I knew earlier, I would have bought directly from the BI store with joy. And I would have got this fantastic game (which is giving me a lot of fun btw) with the whole expansion packs it deserves.

But I can't, cause I purchased my copy on Amazon and the copy is a boxed game from FX Interactive. I was enthusiast to buy the boxed version, because I like to "touch" my games. Call me a romantic. But I thought it was natural and granted that the boxed game would have been compatible with all the good stuff I can purchase from the BI store. I was wrong. Never give nothing for granted, mates.

Whereas I would be happy to receive an installer from Bohemia (and 2 second later I would buy the Hinds expansion from the store), the pain point is not that one. Is not to pay for a second copy. I can give my copy as a present for a friend. My anger comes from a situation by which customers who bought legitimate copy of a product, cannot enjoy the full experience due to stupid (and maybe, illegal) distributor behaviour.

And that's not only me. On this forum there are several posts of people in my situation complaining for FX Interactive policies.

And that's not only Italy, is Europe.

My anger comes from a situation where the customer is meant to be in the center of it all (how many times guys did you heard the sentence "customer centric services"?? Ad nauseam, isn'it?) but he's not. The customer is only a money-cow. Am I exaggerating? For 20 euro? I don't think so. Because the game COSTS 20 euro. So I am speaking about an amount that, for how neglectable it can be in a daily P&L, is worth all in all the thorough game experience. And the possibility to install patches and expansions. Period.

I think game producers should pay more attention in choosing and dealing with distributors and in making contracts with them, in order to defend final customers and, eventually, their brand.

Max

I perfectly understand your point of view Sven2157 but i think at least BIS should give licenses to distributors with a claus that says the game cannot be modified in any way, you know, i think such issues indirectly hurt BIS image too, for example i have buyed all my games from BIS store but a lot of people don't know they can go towards these kind of problems when they find the dvd game version they want for example in a store..

about FX Interactive i've found these links

http://www.fxinteractive.com/it/p371/

http://www.fxinteractive.com/it/p371/extras.htm

and a trailer on the youtube official channel

in the comments there's another angry user

according to some sites FX Interactive is the official italian retail distributor of the game

http://www.pcprofessionale.it/2012/03/12/take-on-helicopters/

http://www.ilbloggatore.com/2012-01-26/fx-interactive-distribuira-in-italia-take-on-helicopters-a-partire-dal-1-marzo/

so i think BIS should review the distribution license policies to avoid these kind of problems in future

bye!

UPDATE: FX Interactive has completely localized the game in italian, probably they have modified a lot of stuff and now they can't do the same thing with the other patches.. if i was in BIS i would be angry thinking some players can't play the game the right way

http://www.fxinteractive.com/noticias/tkoh-precam-ita.html

@annoluce - have you tried pursuing a refund through Amazon? I am not sure about Amazon.it but Amazon.uk have always been fair with me when I have had problems. As the retailer of the product they do have some responsibility with regard to quality of the products they sell (certainly in UK consumer law anyway). I know it is slightly different with Software, but it is worth a shot.

Hi Jedra,

I'll try maybe but perhaps the terms are expired.

M

@annoluce - have you tried pursuing a refund through Amazon? I am not sure about Amazon.it but Amazon.uk have always been fair with me when I have had problems. As the retailer of the product they do have some responsibility with regard to quality of the products they sell (certainly in UK consumer law anyway). I know it is slightly different with Software, but it is worth a shot.