Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

CAS Smoke Marker Rockets

CAS Smoke Markers

DOWNLOAD signed v2.0 here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265!cid=5B54FC51A7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%212412

New in v2.0 - smoke marker creates a "HeliHEmpty" object at the point of impact for scripting purposes and is removed when the smoke clear (3 minutes).

This multiplayer-focused addon adds marker smoke round magazines for all the rocket pods. This addon is mostly focused on multiplayer use in CAS scenarios where the aircraft needs to mark a spot on the ground. The smoke rockets will create a 40mm smoke grenade at the point of impact which will smoke for approximately 3 minutes in-game. White, yellow and purple smoke magazines available. This adds a new rocket class - default rockets are unaffected.

To use, simply "addMagazine" and "addweapon" to your plane. Examples:

... for 14-round FFAR launchers:

this addmagazine "pook_smoke_14Rnd_FFAR"; this addweapon "pook_smoke_FFARLauncher";

this addmagazine "pook_smoke_14Rnd_FFAR_yellow"; this addweapon "pook_smoke_FFARLauncher";

this addmagazine "pook_smoke_14Rnd_FFAR_purple"; this addweapon "pook_smoke_FFARLauncher";

... for 20-round S-8 launchers:

this addmagazine "pook_smoke_20Rnd_57mm"; this addweapon "pook_smoke_57mmLauncher";

this addmagazine "pook_smoke_20Rnd_57mm_yellow"; this addweapon "pook_smoke_57mmLauncher";

this addmagazine "pook_smoke_20Rnd_57mm_purple"; this addweapon "pook_smoke_57mmLauncher";

Stringtable localizations via online translator... apologies for bad grammar!

New (simplified) classes:

FFAR Smoke Rocket Launcher:

---------------------------

pook_smoke_FFARLauncher

FFAR Smoke Rocket Magazines:

---------------------------

pook_smoke_14Rnd_FFAR

pook_smoke_14Rnd_FFAR_yellow

pook_smoke_14Rnd_FFAR_purple

S-8 Smoke Rocket Launcher:

--------------------------

pook_smoke_57mmLauncher

S-8 Smoke Rocket Magazines:

--------------------------

pook_smoke_20Rnd_57mm

pook_smoke_20Rnd_57mm_yellow

pook_smoke_20Rnd_57mm_purple

Smoke rockets that produce smoke marker spots and HeliHEmpty marker. Total burn time for smoke is approximately 3 minutes game time.

New in v2.0 - smoke marker creates a "HeliHEmpty" object at the point of impact for scripting purposes.

Trigger for the smoke rounds is via the ammo class' "explosioneffects" attributes that references new cfgCloudlets classnames which in turn fire a script via the "onTimerScript" attribute.

Edited by hcpookie

I'm using this same method to add smoke rounds to AT launchers... stay tuned :)

I'm gonna spank you! I tore my hair our for 2 weeks trying to make smoke rounds for a Carl Gustav :D

That out of they way, I really like this addon :p

Yep the CG will have smoke rockets very soon :D

Actually in researching this I ran across your old post.

I'll be incorporating the AT launcher portion into my "Heavy Grenadier" addon as it seems best suited to host the update. This one... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134330-RG-6-and-Heavy-Grenadier-units

Edited by hcpookie

This is perfect, ive been wondering how to make CAS Smoke Marker Rockets for a plane ive been working on. :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!