Sign in to follow this  
option

Mouse Acceleration

Can someone explain how mouse acceleration can be disabled in Carrier Command?

I'm not seeing it in the controls or the config file. FPS campaign segments are currently unplayable.

Unfortunately not. This is annoying me too, as well as the general jerkiness of the camera control in the FPS part of the game. Luckily it's not too bad in the rest of the game. But yea, please remove acceleration altogether, it's not needed. Or at least have another slider to control the amount of acceleration.

I'm not very sure of the technicalities of this - but looking at Carrier.exe with Process Explorer - I get an ungodly amount of Page Faults. over 100k.

It's already using 1.5Gb of RAM - next to no CPU, maxing out GPU while only using 50% of Vram. That greatly increases with ANY mouse movement. Maybe the frames are buffered with the pointer instead of it being overlayed? I dunno.

Very strange behaviour - I'll have to investigate this.

And yes - I uninstalled in a ragefit, I reinstalled as I want to make this work.

I do like the game - but as it stands it's infuriating ;)

please please please add an option to disable mouse acceleration (or whatever it is that is causing the acceleration like effect) it's awful, and makes somethings hard to control.

There is a way to fix this... Buy the Logitech G9x Laser mouse. It costs roughly £50 and it is possible to reduce mouse acceleration. But this shouldn't be a mandatory thing so I agree; BI FIX IT! :)

(You shouldn't have to go out and buy a new mouse. That sucks.)

- Joe.

App-level mouse acceleration is enabled on top of OS settings? And there is no way to disable it?

Really? Really?

I will never buy another Bohemia Interactive game again, until you guys stop doing this. It may sound childish, but there's just a simple truth behind it - I can't play them. Like most of your non-XBox audience, I've been PC gaming for years, and at this point re-learning to aim with acceleration is just not going to happen.

I've seen this before, and I can never understand it. Especially from this studio. I've played your games before - I remember Operation Flashpoint well. You weren't force-accelerating mice back then. What happened?

I gather there's something about the PC/console ports that makes ignoring years and years of PC gaming input conventions seem like a good idea? But I can't imagine what it would be. I'm genuinely curious.

Well - will there be any statement? Any hope for a fix? What does it take to put in a config option and an if-statement around the acceleration math in your mouse handling code?