Sign in to follow this  
gamerbase

PC Bug List

Cracked Screens on Walruses

During 'Outpost' one of my walruses was destroyed, and got the 'cracked screen' of death. This in turn gave my other two walruses cracked screens too, even though they were completely undamaged. Tried fixing at a repair point, to no avail.

Very strange, never had nor seen that happen. One thing you could try is saving and restarting the game (or maybe loading should suffice).

I am just about to raise this...

In the campaign, just after you find the second walrus, if you give the second walrus a waypoint which would take it through a locked gate, it is unable to navigate past the gate. The walrus simply tries to batter the gate down ad infinitum. To put it simply, the AI Pathfinding system cannot cope with gates that are protected by a blue barrier.

Couple of things I found so far:

1. Mouse sensitivity is way too high, even with my mouse dpi set to lowest. It seems to have high acceleration, too, so any slight sudden movement of the mouse causes you to spin so fast you lose track of where you are facing.

2. The horizontal sensitivity slider sometimes has no effect, I had both sliders set to minimum and went back to the game, horizontal was still very fast and vertical was almost not able to move. Went back to the menu a couple of times before it took effect.

3. Mouse sensitivity when using the scope/zoom is reduced too much. I agree it should be slower moving the crosshairs when zoomed, but it is too severe, makes it hard to track moving targets or move between them.

4. When I got to the part in the campaign where you have to go and collect the first walrus, I was wandering around for about 10 minutes wondering what I am supposed to do. Then I ended back where I started and found the girl character was stuck against a wall in a running animation. When I reloaded the game, she got past the wall and I found the walrus ok.

1) You game uses a film grain effect, I honestly don't know why developers do this on PC games, it makes your game look WORST when viewed on a monitor beacuse you sit close enough to the screen to see it. It might work find on console games but it just looks bad on PCs, please allow us to turn it off.

2) Allow us to turn off mouse acceleration, the mouse control is a very hit and miss at the minute and its largely due to that.

3) Mouse movement is also tied to the frame rate, if the frame rate drops the mouse stops responding correctly, this shouldn't happen if your game was getting the mouse position directly from the operating system / DirectX.

4) While your game appears to handle triple monitor systems reasonably well (resolution is fine, FoV is correct, menus and UI are correctly scaled), there is a fairly big issue with clipping causing objects on the screen to disappear and stop rendering before they are off screen. This is most likely due too high near clipping.

5) Lastly, your pre-rendered cutscreens stretch to fit the screen, they should be locked to the aspect ratio they was recorded in.

Screenshots to point out issue 4, pay attention to what's in the centre of one image to what is on the left of the next.

http://www.skid-inc.net/stuff/wsgf/CarrierCommand/carrier_clipping_1.jpg

http://www.skid-inc.net/stuff/wsgf/CarrierCommand/carrier_clipping_2.jpg

http://www.skid-inc.net/stuff/wsgf/CarrierCommand/carrier_clipping_3.jpg

Edited by n_skid11
Fixed image links

I am having some rather unusual graphic glitches. Everything within 100 to 200 meters simply just disappear except for a couple of free floating effects dangling about here and there. Happens in the menu aswell as ingame, and I have absolutely no clue on how to fix it.

Try setting your Nividia 3D settings from the control panel to "Best performance." If its that old bug that should fix it.

- Ultra-Widescreen resolutions lead to rendering issues. I.e. entities randomly not being rendered at times and randomly popping up again. Sounds a lot like the bug reported by people who had forced AA enabled, but it's a different issue as I never had it enabled and switching to a low res standard format (1920*1080) fixes the issue.

- Some effect shaders such as sea foam, walrus lights and some dust effects lead to broken steresocopic effects using nvidia 3dvision.

And yes - my drivers are up to date.

That really sucks about the mouse acceleration. I had this game on my list, and I'll definitely still pick it up if I ever hear that there's a way to disable it.

As I use two monitors, I found that in the map screen the mouse is not locked to the primary monitor, allowing it to drift on to the secondary monitor. This is not a huge problem but would be nice if it was fixed (be even nicer to have the map screen fixed to the secondary monitor like supreme commander!).

As mentioned before, the zoom mouse reduction is a little excessive, some walrus tracking issues (but nothing major for me) and the mouse sensitivity, certainly in the FPS sections, is slightly off-putting.

However I will say that the mantas fly like a dream.

Alright I really want to enjoy this game, but it is too buggy ATM for that to happen.

1. When you just arrive to an island (the transition from Preparing to warp in count down to normal game speed) If you have equipment screen on, the game crashes for me.

2. Game crashes when I set sail to an island being attacked by another carrier while a supply ship is also coming(really? One of a key gameplay mechanics and it doesn't work?)

3. When outside an island area, there seem to be a graphical glitch where the surrounding water are darken. Kind of like an aura of low gamma lighting around the carrier. This glitch only appears when you move the camera to a certain but common angle.

4. Mouse is sluggish in main menu and FPS mode during the campaign, mouse sensitivity seem to be out of control.

ihi all. apologies for my bad english.

i it's difficult to modify the pathfinder, it would be great if you turn off the collision systeme. walrus are hurt by themselves when they don't found their way....it's horrible. could you turn off this please?

but it'should be a very better game without that.....

Got graphic problems with a gtx 680 SLI with WHQL 306.23.

with one GXT680 the game will run perfect.

Edit: its looks the problems are only in the titel screen (Menu)

Edited by Mappi75

Please fix the pathfinding with walruses.

Pleaxe fix/let us deactivate the mouse hardware acceleration

When I press "v" for stopping the carrier it INSTANTLY stops. Thats wierd

Mantas have a very hard time docking when the carrier moves.

There is too often too much fog, I cannot see.

Walruses explode instantly when driving into command center shields. eg. when pathfinding they want to drive through and explode

One time one manta wont accept any movements anymore. It was near a scrambler but inside the com range. When I took the seat to fly it wont respond. The manta always marked short waypoint for it self ahead.

When an island gets attacked the icon of the island is blinking. But when I get there I don't see someone attacking and the icon continously is blinking - until another island far away gets attacked.

I see "upgrades" in the equip menu of walruses and mantas. Where do I get/research these?

I like your game! :)

Edited by Ubimo

Got graphic problems with a gtx 680 SLI with WHQL 306.23.

with one GXT680 the game will run perfect.

Could you elaborate? I'm using the same driver and cards and don't have any SLI-related problems to the best of my knowledge.

I checked it again,

its look like SLI makes only in the title screen problems.

The game looks like it will run without any problems...

The one thing I find really frustrating about the game are the walrus path finding.

I can tell them to follow me, drive 50 meters and have at least one of them driving around like a headless chicken.

It seems to have no idea where to go and just goes off in a random direction, even where there is a straight line to me.

Or they will just keep trying to run into a rock by the side of the road, or even just keep trying to find its direction by driving back and forth on the spot.

I also find it strange that when I drive 1 walrus manually I always go faster than the other walruses.

I have to stop and wait for them to catch up with me, instead of just having them follow me at the same speed.

These two things and 1 crash are the only things I have had problems with so far.

I hope something will be done about these things soon.

Other than that I am truly enjoying this game, and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

Edited by Bansheedragon

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's deliberate or if I'm overlooking something, but I find controlling the mantas to be very difficult, such that there have been a few times I've taken over one in order to get it away from danger as quickly as possible only to accidentally fly it into the ground instead!

I use both a mouse and keyboard and a 360 controller for gaming, as I find that usually if I have time, I'll switch from mouse and keyboard when flying to a controller because I generally find it easier, however in most games I am at least proficient enough with a mouse and keyboard for flying if say my controller has switched itself off or I'm a co-pilot and my pilot gets killed or whatever to get myself and the vehicle to safety.

Here is the issue though; In Carrier Command, there appears to be one button which chooses how inversion of the controls works but it doesn't work properly in my mind. On one setting, moving the controller stick down and moving the mouse up will both point the manta skyward, on the other setting, moving the controller stick up and moving the mouse down will both point the manta skyward.

Why aren't they either A, independent settings so you can have them both be whichever way you want them to be, or B both on the same setting - so that moving the stick down and pulling the mouse down will both point the manta skyward?

They're opposites so the mouse is "right" and the joypad is "wrong" or vice versa.

It's silly!

I actually prefer mouse and keyboard over the Xbox controller when flying the Mantas. I'd say I'm a pretty good pilot. :)

I'm just not very good with it that way yet, but the problem isn't me not being a poor pilot really, it's the fact that if I set it up to be inverted with the controller, it's NOT inverted with the mouse, where if it's inverted with the mouse, it's NOT inverted with the controller, which in my mind is a bug.

EDIT: which is a much better way of wording it than I did before so thanks for prompting my reply!

Haven't had time to play much but the biggest bug for me this far is that you can't change the key binds. I haven't used WASD ever in any game.

Also, why do the soldiers (in the FPS portion) die when encountering steep terrain gradients, or is this some "wrong way, dumbo" thing?

Edited by h -
typo..

:) BI have some very novel ways of telling you "don't go THAT way silly!"

I got sick of being squished by walruses, or falling off cliffs to a squishy death while just trying to explore. The only way to progress through the campaign is to go ahead from the viewpoint shown to you - any deviation (or FPS lag) will just get you killed or spending hours looking where to go :)

I thought I would put this here as this maybe the defacto bug reporting thread.

It is a short video showing an example of the poor pathfinding abilities. It's from the non-steam retail version 1.2 and one of the later islands in the campaign. I had my units (6,7,8) on an assist command and I wondered why they did not follow me when I moved my Walrus (9) up the hill and through the trees. To try and find out why, I ordered all Walrus' to move to the waypoint where I had driven my walrus previously (I have re-loaded since I did that).

As you can see, the waypoints given to the Walrus' are just crazy.

(The video has just uploaded so it might be few mins before it's available)