Sign in to follow this  
Zorg_DK

ACR DLC Fireworks mission - How do you contact the rocket battery?

What am I supposed to do when I spot the rebel camp and vehicles? I don't see any menu to contact the rocket battery. Cheers.

After you've contacted the HQ about the vehicles being there, you have to be at a reasonable distance to the camp (I was at the small wall in the woods north of it), then use the radio menu (0-0 or was it 0-8?) to order in the fireworks. Took me a while to figure that out too...

After you've contacted the HQ about the vehicles being there, you have to be at a reasonable distance to the camp (I was at the small wall in the woods north of it), then use the radio menu (0-0 or was it 0-8?) to order in the fireworks. Took me a while to figure that out too...

I have walked in and killed all the people in the camp area and nothing happens, and I have no radio options.

You have to use the target selector first to identify the vehicles. Just look at each one of them through the selector until the orange box turns green. Once you've done that you'll automatically contact the HQ and report.

After that you call in the artillery using the laser and radio menu.

The mission handling sure is tricky, since there is zero "how-to"...

Ok, thanks for the tips guys.

I'm starting to get annoyed with the ACR campaign. I also got stuck on the 2nd mission and I had to drive around checking each waypoint several times. I could never finish the mission though, and had to press shift numpad - and type endmission to proceed.

until the orange box turns green
only after I read this and looked sharply, I managed to notice the colored boxes. Very faint indeed.
I also got stuck on the 2nd mission and I had to drive around checking each waypoint several times. I could never finish the mission though
a bit OT here, but: a bit away from each question mark (where you encounter resistence) you receive a task "check this hill" or something like that, and if you got all of these, then the mission ends properly. If you seem to be stuck, just check where you haven't been yet.

Another a bit badly designed mission in the "campaign".

First you basically have to crawl into the found camp to be able to identify all the vehicles (unless there's a 1,5km high hill somewhere near by so that you can see over all the forest?) and then you're supposed to guide the arty from a safe distance but the only way to guide it is to stay basically in the camp (again unless there's a 1,5km high hill somewhere near by so that you can see over all the forest)..

a bit OT here, but: a bit away from each question mark (where you encounter resistence) you receive a task "check this hill" or something like that, and if you got all of these, then the mission ends properly. If you seem to be stuck, just check where you haven't been yet.

That mission is also quite badly designed, you basically have to drive around the map for hours and there is no fuel truck anywhere.

Nor ammo truck FPDR

The only actually good mission this far has been the mission you hunt the escaping guys.

First you basically have to crawl into the found camp to be able to identify all the vehicles (unless there's a 1,5km high hill somewhere near by so that you can see over all the forest?) and then you're supposed to guide the arty from a safe distance but the only way to guide it is to stay basically in the camp (again unless there's a 1,5km high hill somewhere near by so that you can see over all the forest)..

That mission is also quite badly designed, you basically have to drive around the map for hours and there is no fuel truck anywhere.

Nor ammo truck FPDR

The only actually good mission this far has been the mission you hunt the escaping guys.

i have to agree with you.

Nor ammo truck FPDR

There isn't a fuel truck but there is a fuel station in Novy Sobor. There is a repair truck too. Hint: It's parked a bit close to the back wall. As for ammo, yeah that kind of sucks but you just have to conserve ammo. Otherwise you can just drive in the Pandur all day and never dismount.

One can also capture, repair, and use a BRDM if necessary!

For this mission, do you need to spot all vehicles in one go or just spot all of them once?

I'm having trouble with one truck which doesn't light green even though I have a clear and unobstructed sight of the rear of it.

For this mission, do you need to spot all vehicles in one go or just spot all of them once?

I'm having trouble with one truck which doesn't light green even though I have a clear and unobstructed sight of the rear of it.

You need to spot all of them just once. And the truck doesn't require spotting as it isn't armored and thus is not a proper target.

hi,

I am new here so please forgive my noobieness.

My problem, I think I have found the wrong camp.

The camp I have found is next to a house at the end of a short road. It has 3 BRDM and a couple of trucks.

Can someone please give me directions to where I need to be as I am stuck.

Cheers in advance,

FTI

That sounds like the camp you are looking for. Why do you think it's the wrong camp?

I have killed all enemy and have the camp and local to myself yet I still cant call it in.

I have never used the spotting device so maybe I am doing that wrong.

Please help I have been stuck at this bit for a while now.

FTI

You must spot all armored vehicles (not trucks) with the target locator, seeing the marker turn orange for each one. Make sure you click the mouse while looking through the locator to turn on the laser (as I remember, it's been a while). Then, and only then, can you call in the MLRS. This is supposed to be a stealth mission where you spot the vehicles from a hidden location, avoiding patrols. Read all the posts in this thread for more info.

Replayed the mission done exactly the same thing and this time it worked. Cheers guys.

....Now I just have to learn to fly for the next mission...I suck at flying in this game.

FTI

Sorry - late to the thread but I finally folded and bought ACR to (a) support BIS and because (b) I just can't wait for A3 and need a fix.

Re: this mission - It is overall a good mission, these are my thoughts

• It is not very clear what you need to do here - obviously the ultimate goal is to destroy the base which ends the mission.
  • You are equipped with the wrong weapon. Your buddy has a silenced assault rifle which is much more appropriate for the mission. The high calibre sniple rifle you are given has a high level of zoom which makes it impossible to use in close quarters, or stealthily, which is what you need to do to win the mission
  • You and your buddy are seemingly subjected to ACR budget cuts and get a SKIMPY amount of ammo...
  • It is not clear how to use the laser target designator. It seems to target the vehicles in the camp you just point in that general direction until the magic square turns green
  • Calling in the arty cannot be really done from a safe range. This is a bit crazy, IRL the spotter would call off the arty strike, or call in the co-ordinates for a delayed strike or CAS given how bloody close you have to be to the camp to ID it.
  • The camo and ghilie in the summer environment looks great... especially with SweetFX
  • Getting spotted through foliage continues to be a problem whereby you cannot possibly have seen the enemy before they see you. I recommend using an AI mod like ASR which makes AI less accurate (more realistically so).

@sproyd strange, I never got spotted, but then I played with the Beta patch. With it they can't see you through bushes or grass anymore, if it is higher than you. However they can hear you, and come running to find you.

If they can't see you it's an exercise in futility, though. Interestingly, if they hear your shot through the artillery barrage depends on the time of firing compared to the time of impact of the rockets.

As for the sniper rifle vs. Silenced Assault Rifle, I agree the silence Assault Rifle would be better.

As for the 1,5 km, it doesn't need to be 1,5 klicks, 600m metres are enough. I hid in the bushes by the bend in the road, east of the camp, and could call in artillery. However A lone trooper patrolling passed uncomfortably close (less than 50 metres), but didn't see me.

@sproyd strange, I never got spotted, but then I played with the Beta patch. With it they can't see you through bushes or grass anymore, if it is higher than you. However they can hear you, and come running to find you.

If they can't see you it's an exercise in futility, though. Interestingly, if they hear your shot through the artillery barrage depends on the time of firing compared to the time of impact of the rockets.

As for the sniper rifle vs. Silenced Assault Rifle, I agree the silence Assault Rifle would be better.

As for the 1,5 km, it doesn't need to be 1,5 klicks, 600m metres are enough. I hid in the bushes by the bend in the road, east of the camp, and could call in artillery. However A lone trooper patrolling passed uncomfortably close (less than 50 metres), but didn't see me.

Ohhhhh - for some dumb reason I always thought you had to have Beta off for SP. Well that makes the whole ACR campaign so much better (and probably easier) - I would have to send my super soldiers into battle ahead of me to ID targets