Sign in to follow this  
Bryce23

Why does my P drive randomly disappear?

I have had the BI Tools 2 installed for a while now, over a year probably, and I have had this problem at least 3 or 4 times.

At complete random, my P drive will no longer exist on my computer after a PC restart. I didn't uninstall any of the tools, or even mess with any files associated with them. One of the times, I just started my PC, my P drive was just fine and all I did was go browse the internet then shut down my PC. The next time I turned on my computer, the P drive was gone. Everything is backed up in another folder luckily, but I need the P drive and its a total pain when it just uninstalls it self like this. A few buddies of mine have also had this problem on at least one occasion and don't know why either.

Anybody know why this is happening and if there's anything I can do to avoid it?

Thanks

Had the same problem for a long time.

As I've said in several threads recently, I simply placed a shortcut to mapdisk.bat on desktop and run that before I start any work.

You do know pdrive is just a mirror of a real folder in my documents called arma work don't you ?

It's only when that folder is deleted that your pdrive really will disappear , if it doesn't start it is simply a forgotten action by windows startup , this can happen when something heavy happens like after a massive windows update on shut down in my experience ,

Best way like gnat says above is to create a shortcut to the bat file in your arma work wonder which is in my docs and place on desktop , that way u can click it if the auto on windows startup entry does not kick in .

Thanks for the help. Ill give your suggestions a try when I get the chance

Update: My P drive seems to have re-appeared after restarting my PC this morning... :confused:

Edited by Bryce23

Thanks for the help. Ill give your suggestions a try when I get the chance

Update: My P drive seems to have re-appeared after restarting my PC this morning... :confused:

Installing the Tools will create a Windows startup service that will run the .bat file for mounting the P drive each time the OS starts up. Rerunning the .bat file is always the best way to remount the drive it for some reason it drops off.

Installing the Tools will create a Windows startup service that will run the .bat file for mounting the P drive each time the OS starts up. Rerunning the .bat file is always the best way to remount the drive it for some reason it drops off.

I am also having the same issue, I have put the mapdisk.bat file as a short cut on my desktop however when I run it a command prompt pops up for a second then disappears and nothing happens the :P\ is still not there, and I have also tried rebooting.

To all,

I had a simular issue with BinPBO Personal Edition. I could not change the "Addon Source Directory" via the "Change" button because BinPBO could not see the "P Drive". I tried using the "Mapdisk.bat" file with no success as first, so re-install the entire BIS Tool Suite. This seemed to correct it for a while, but the same problem showed up again. As mention earlier there was a windows 7 update. I had to hit the "Mapdisk.bat" file several times to correct it.

V/R

Landdon

Edited by Landdon
Additional information, and correct grammer