Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

how does it work anyway? does it have a watergate? is it dry or wet inside? warm or cold?

SDV's are flooded and fracking cold! :D

Gamestar.de was also at the booth for a 10 min preview. We need to keep an eye on their website, because they're usually really fast!

20 fps on single player ... how much you think it will be on MP loaded missions ?

It's not even an alpha yet. And probably, it has pretty high details configured to show its quality. And probably, those i7 are not overclocked...

20 fps on single player ... how much you think it will be on MP loaded missions ?

Pettka told us, it was running on Ivan's older computer. Tough performance is indeed always interesting!

Really impressed with what I have seen, not that I had any doubts (of course), I could see myself getting lost for a few years in this, better not tell the wife that though :)

The taking uniforms for special missions is a great idea, because if you had to adapt you would do this, or at least try and going underwater is definitely a good idea for sabotage etc..

The demo was running on an older PC (source: pettka)

Damn... Pure was faster (please delete)

I have already posted some translated info from czech vid before, here is updated stuff. After preview video and the gamespot video its not much really, the only thing we have not seen is the Deterrence mission.

- stratis is the last NATO base before it is invaded by iran

- I. Buchta said that if someone will brake the 30 sec barrier on the firing drill he is a pro( he probably doesn't follow Jay Crowe's tweets )

- they are only thinking about adding TKOH flight model, but they use TKOH sound engine(complex sounds from different angles etc)

- the made-up gun from infantry showcase was designed by gun designer from some small gun maker company

- community alpha will feature some simple content and missions, they will be testing animations and physics, they will release updates to alpha, add more content, MP missions, campaign missions etc, they want to know reactions for changes of various stuff

- hard to guess how complete A3 is, some parts are ready for community alpha, stratis is finished, limnos not yet, they will be focusing on details now, so its going to be finished soon, large number of vehicles and weapons is wip

lol, this thread is totally funny.... stuff that happens, subjects that changes.... this thread is like dope.

No matter what happens, you always come back for more....

I have already posted some translated info from czech vid before, here is updated stuff. After preview video and the gamespot video its not much really, the only thing we have not seen is the Deterrence mission.

- stratis is the last NATO base before it is invaded by iran

- I. Buchta said that if someone will brake the 30 sec barrier on the firing drill he is a pro( he probably doesn't follow Jay Crowe's tweets )

- they are only thinking about adding TKOH flight model, but they use TKOH sound engine(complex sounds from different angles etc)

- the made-up gun from infantry showcase was designed by gun designer from some small gun maker company

- community alpha will feature some simple content and missions, they will be testing animations and physics, they will release updates to alpha, add more content, MP missions, campaign missions etc, they want to know reactions for changes of various stuff

- hard to guess how complete A3 is, some parts are ready for community alpha, stratis is finished, limnos not yet, they will be focusing on details now, so its going to be finished soon, large number of vehicles and weapons is wip

Good to know. Guess I'll have to remove the ToH flight model from the confirmed features list :(

The difference between i7 960 and i7 2600k in terms of gaming is close to nil. especially since the SB one was running on a gtx560ti, and the e3 is running on a gtx580...

Yes, and it should be done in game with the mouse not done for you ala kiddie fps

I love comments like this, It clearly shows how ignorant people are when it comes to body mechanism, physics, and how it apply in a game where things should not be over intuitive.

anyway for 20fps that's really smooth !

Lol no such thing as a smooth "20fps" the motion blur has tricked you...

/Tiphat to Snafu for keeping the first post of the thread up-to-date with new footage, and if new videos arrive: previews, reviews, demos - any, I expect to find them on the first page of this thread, when I wake up from today's nightmare. :)

Good night. o7

Lol no such thing as a smooth "20fps" the motion blur has tricked you...

The average cartoon gas between 24 and 12 fps.

I'd take 5 FPS at this stage..

JUST GIMME GIMME GIMME!

the demo was running on an older pc (source: Pettka)

damn... Pure was faster (please delete)

what were the specs?!?!?

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Sorry I don't know how to edit posts on my phone... What were the specs on the demo machine where he has the despair counter in the corner? 28 average fps is what I'm aiming for now

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Edit: Frikkin t9... Despair=fraps

FWIW, that white bar under the weapon name and above the ammo is likely the fire mode selection (semi-auto/burst/auto). One white bar being semi, three being burst, five being auto.

I love comments like this, It clearly shows how ignorant people are when it comes to body mechanism, physics, and how it apply in a game where things should not be over intuitive.

If he is talking about recoil, then yes I think you should manage recoil with the mouse. Just like in real life, while you may not think about moving the rifle back on target, it doesnt magically do it itself. You train yourself to do that, just like you can with a mouse.

If he is talking about recoil, then yes I think you should manage recoil with the mouse. Just like in real life, while you may not think about moving the rifle back on target, it doesnt magically do it itself. You train yourself to do that, just like you can with a mouse.

That is sight alignment, not so much about recoil management that happen during recoil. And even that is about making your body to absorb the force instead of fight it down.

After watching the new video cz video another bit inside me die

The blood jelly screen really sucks, its worse then I could ever think it could be.

No switching weapon side. even when leaning, that pretty confirm my fear, we still have to expose a huge chunk of meat for the enemy to shoot at if you happens to at the left side of the wall.

Things still waiting to see: transition to handguns stance changing when using binoculars and squad command UI

Edited by 4 IN 1