yurapetrov

Blackhawks by YuraPetrov

just tried it, and indeed konyo's mh47 is conflicting with it, if i delete the mh47 it works fine thanks :D although i hope this will be fixed in the near future as we would love to use it with the group we are starting.

I agree with Yura that the Fast Ropes are spawning in the correct position. It must be another addon conflicting with it?

Are you using my MH-47E in the same mission :o It could be them conflicting with each other Yura as we both use Norrin's Scripts? :confused:

I tested my addon with your chopper, all works fine, our choppers are fully compartable. Also i tested it with conventional Norrin's scripts. All worked fine.

just tried it, and indeed konyo's mh47 is conflicting with it, if i delete the mh47 it works fine thanks :D although i hope this will be fixed in the near future as we would love to use it with the group we are starting.
I tested my addon with your chopper, all works fine, our choppers are fully compartable. Also i tested it with conventional Norrin's scripts. All worked fine.

Whoops! Sorry. I'll get this sorted out ASAP.

Oh no. I found the conflict between my MH-60L and Konyo's MH-47E ;-( If you place them together and do fastroping, MH-60L spawn ropes from MH-47E in wrong position.

so:

you have 3 guys in cargo position, on port and starboard, right?

well, when I have a platoon in the chopper and make them fastrope, the ropes deploy, then on the right side, the guys do fastrope

on the left side however, the guy on the rope remains stuck because of the middle man (middle guy out of 3) - the guy on the rope seems to be stucked on the guy in caego position.

dunno whether it's clearer or not...

how can I add FFAR to the ESSS version ?

concerning the loadout of the pilot, it's really not realistic for them tio have M4A3 + M203:

this is assault rifle for ground troop, not the gear a pilot would take.

all the pilots I know only have a gun and sometimes an assault rifle, but it's basic: no acog, no M203, and not that much ammo: a few mags for the pistol and 2 or 3 mags for the rifle.

dunno what other people think, but I really find it weird for your pilots to have such a weapon.

I agree with Wiki about the loadouts for the pilots. They should have M4 Eotechs, I believe.

This is absolutely magnificent stuff. Thank you so much!

Have you done the weapon systems on the blackhawks in a certain way as my rearming script I uses fails to rearm the miniguns. Also I've noticed there is no IR texture mapping but this is beta so that is understandable. Missile warning has no sound indication. (Only visual)

I for the life of me can't get these to show up in my editor...just like every other time I've installed mods...yet nothing is showing up under army---air...weird

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Disregard...too tired to see the problem right in front of my face...

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

OMG...amazing work my friend!

Yura Petrov made an error when naming his mod folder. Called it "addon" instead of "addons". (Just add the s at the end)

I for the life of me can't get these to show up in my editor...just like every other time I've installed mods...yet nothing is showing up under army---air...weird

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Disregard...too tired to see the problem right in front of my face...

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

OMG...amazing work my friend!

I agree with Wiki about the loadouts for the pilots. They should have M4 Eotechs, I believe.

Nope, aimpoint. Every active (attack) aviation unit gives their pilots M4s with aimpoints. Some prefer to have no optic at all, but the majority leave their aimpoints on

Yura so far very awesome. In single play.

At night the cockpit lighting just a bit bright.

Trying to get it put in our mod pack for further testing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the MH60K cockpit

http://home.arcor.de/instrumentpanels/Helicopters/MH-60K%20Blackhawk2.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/instrumentpanels/Helicopters/MH-60K%20Blackhawk.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marinehawk12/4054739042/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your MH60L IDAP

http://www.specialoperations.com/Images_Folder/library11/mh-60lside.jpg

http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/night-stalkers/mh-60l-dap-montage.php

http://medalofhonor.wikia.com/wiki/MH-60L_DAP_Blackhawk?file=MH-60L_DAP_Helicopter.jpg

http://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=16237.0

http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/night-stalkers/mh-60l-idap.php

Could not find a picture with a two point idap with a rack of 4x hellfire 2 x m134 and 30 cal

Love the mod, thank you ...

A little feedback: the sound in the chopper is VERY low and doesnt represent the real sound of this chopper when in flight, it needs adjusting to be louder.

Also, when turning the lights on, the anti colision lights come with the search lights together, is there a way to have the search light and anti colision lights not be bound together?

Thanks.

I don't know how to feel about this, i think the happiness has made me numb :P

Checking it out now!

Also, when turning the lights on, the anti colision lights come with the search lights together, is there a way to have the search light and anti colision lights not be bound together?

You can have a Actionmenu option to enable each? i'll see if i can find a example of it and send it to Yura if he wishes.

Edit: Hmm, can't seem to find how its done :/

Edit2: They don't seem to turn on for me on the UH-60's :/

Edited by Scarecrow398

That MH-60L is awesome. I LOVE the cockpit. Finally a helicopter where the instruments are really usefull and very accurate. Thank you.

And the animations of the blades are awesome.

Issues:

-Gunner on the MH-60L cant use their NVG's when using the Iron Sights of the M134. (IMHO Importend)

-When the MH-60L is destroyed, the ropes in the back look as new (only cosmetics)

-The Tail Rotor seems undestroyable on my side. Tried to disable it by a .50 HMG, but even 100Rds didnt disable it. (especially importend when you finish your BHD Mod ;-) )

It isnt possible to hide the ropes in the cargo area, I suppose? Maybe an optional hiddenselection feature? A rope isnt used everytime (and the ACE-Users can use the ACE System ;-))

Thank you, again.

Best regards Mag

Oh, just one question about the formation lights.

Are you sure they are actually green ? I always thought these lights could either be yellow or blue.

I know sometimes the blue ones are referred as green but...well...they still look like blue :P

FL4.jpg

Thanks all for feedbacks! I'm glad you liked my work!

Issues:

-The Tail Rotor seems undestroyable on my side. Tried to disable it by a .50 HMG, but even 100Rds didnt disable it. (especially importend when you finish your BHD Mod ;-) )

I dont think .50 cal can seriously damage tail rotor in real blackhawk. Bullets flyes through blades and just leaves a small holes. Try to hit in with RPG.

It isnt possible to hide the ropes in the cargo area, I suppose? Maybe an optional hiddenselection feature? A rope isnt used everytime (and the ACE-Users can use the ACE System ;-))

Thank you, again.

Best regards Mag

You can hide ropes using this: <heli_name> animate ["rope1hide",1];

I dont think .50 cal can seriously damage tail rotor in real blackhawk. Bullets flyes through blades and just leaves a small holes. Try to hit in with RPG.

Well, .50 Bullets dont really leave small holes... But fair enough ;)

You can hide ropes using this: <heli_name> animate ["rope1hide",1];

Thanks for the heads up :)

Any words on the Gunner and the NVG thing?

Edited by swissMAG
Gunner-NVG Question

Well, .50 Bullets dont really leave small holes... But fair enough ;)

I don't want to seem like a dick but, in aluminum and such they leave holes the same size as the bullet, perhpas a little bigger in deformation of the surrounding area but not massive like it does on soft tissue or such (Excluding RAUFOSS rounds and such obviously).

I also did a bit of work in a training area for aircraft engineers, helicopter blades are fairly large and have a bit of strength in their layers.

I'm not saying they're indestructible but they're pretty damn strong as they need to be and could take more punishment than bis portrays :P

I would rather you love effectiveness and such rather than it just dying like it was blown off.

Any words on the Gunner and the NVG thing?

I removed night vision from gunner's iron sight, because i believe that NVG is quite large to allow gunner's face move close to gun.

Oh, just one question about the formation lights.

Are you sure they are actually green ? I always thought these lights could either be yellow or blue.

I know sometimes the blue ones are referred as green but...well...they still look like blue :P

http://www.astronics.com/_images/aircraft-lighting/FL4.jpg

They are green. They are often called "slime green" lights

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Great job Yurapetrov! Really like this beta version :-) Its nice to FINALLY have some realistically armed UH-60s in ARMA II.

I also think the new sounds fit much better :-)

My only suggestions would be adding flight medics (1 or 2 to occupy the crew chief and flight engineer seats) to the medivac versions. Something like a pilot unit with healing ability armed with an M4 w/aimpoint sights. But this may be more of a request for some better helicopter aircrews as a whole...

So who's gonna make a replacement file for the default BIS -60's ? ;-)

Issues:

Okay, now after testing i see what you mean, i even tried with

vehicle player setHit ["mala vrtule", 0.95];

Is there a hitpoint set for the tail rotor or is it named differently from the default Czech?

I quickly checked the config for the name and it seems you've put it as

name = "tail_blades";

which also didn't work for sethit :/

Also if i understand this correctly the armor on the tail is twice that of the hull?

class HitPoints {

class HitHull {

armor = 1;

Where as Tail is:

class HitVRotor {

armor = 2.0;

Edit: Alright, my fun times over for tonight, here's my gripes:

The Cockpit pannel is 'backlit' at night, so the back panel almost glows as if its backlit, the gauges and MFD's are perfect but the pannel they're on is too bright.

The tail is almost indestructible, a RPG to the tail does more to the Main rotor than the tail.

Releasing ropes upon dropping soldiers takes a little too long, idealy in my point of view it would be *click drop* 1, 2, ropes drop (to simulate someone pulling the pin and reaching over, ect) but atm, its more like *click* 1-2-3 *start flying away* *rope drops in mid air*

Sitting positions are a little 'ridged' on the sides; I love the sitting position in the back seats and such but the soldiers on the side look a little ridged and a little out of place with no weapons in their hands; Could you use the Anim from the MH-6 where they have their rifle in their lap and occasionaly move their rifle around?

The 'Door gunner' and 'Crew cheif' almost have different weapons, the gunner has a slower fire rate and less dispersion (I also get this on the BI helo's so its probably a ACE/BI thing, so i'll take it up with them)

But that's all really, great job as usual, can't wait for the DAP :D

Edited by Scarecrow398

I still have this post unanswered which you most proberly missed as it was the last before the new page :P

Anyways, I am also now wondering if you could possibly get your mod to work with a "working" and updated Medevac Module which no longer works.

It would great with your medevac chopper and it was something I used a lot until it stopped working on later updates.

Thanks.