eggbeast

GITS Evolution (new main thread)

Thanks for the pilot update Egg! Thought I was losing it :)

Question about HELI usage. The AH64 and AH1 have the "single person" missile ability... We find that this sometimes keeps the gunner from being able to use the missiles. I'm trying to figure the trick to disabling this feature for our missions... not really sure what needs to be edited to make this change?

its a clientside mod rather than a mission script that does this - GDThelicopterweapons - found in your @blazes_weapons/addons folder if you follow our mods.

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/gdtmod_helicopter_weapons.pbo

this version has the strobing function we added.

if your gunner is having problems - land the heli and get the pilot to switch off manual fire (he may need to get out and in and then not click right mouse)

the way to check if the guns are local to gunner is to see if he can see his tracer and impacts with the cannon - if not then thepilot has localised the gun...

this is a normal arma bug aside from the mods, however yes the mod does rescript the hellfires etc to run off your eye rather than a laser orIR lock.

GITS Evolution v5 Lingor RACS

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/missions/GITSEvolution-RACS_Lingor_v5.lingor.pbo

MP co-op 22 players

Mods:

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/

@CBA

@RACS_land

@RACS_sea

@RACS_air

@RACS_main

@Lingor1337

@lingor_units_v13

Standard clientside mods:

@blazes_weapons

@bp_bloodscreen

@cmsound

@RUG_DSAI_Rus

gone back to RUG_DSAIRus - russian speaking as Spanish version doesn't work

fixed R3F logistics so now towing/ loading/ dragging items works again (implemented for all new Lingor units)

fixed Revive

refined the vehicle park to integrate RACS and Lingor units

uparmed the west Mig21's and the little Maule plane

integrated RACS and Lingor units into support options (e.g. jetski, boat, etc)

got rid of the AFV's and broughtback the mountain bike

integrated mig21's into missile camera script

added the new fuel stations to the repair script

enjoy!

Slow down Egg :), I just finished downloading v4 :p. Great job and you said you fixed revive ? Does this mean it will be enabled on GITS Evolution server ?

HAZ

Hullo there

Just FYI GITS Evolution v5 Lingor RACS works fine for me. No issues at all

Rgds

LoK

hi orlok

nice to see you on the server tonight mate - was a great fight that

have slightly updated the mission as both pilots were not listed properly in the init file - i cannot understand why or how this happened? totally weird.

they should have access now to planes etc - same v5 download as before just slightly changed file

wewere using revive and r3f logistics all night - works well

need to tweak revive a little is all

Hullo there

Ta to you!

I had a lot o fun also. Sorry I wasnt on TS.

Ill try out the mission tomorrow and will report back.

Hope to get on the server again soon.

rgds

LoK

Lingor RACS v5

Improved revive - made a full array of casevac vehicles including civilian ambulances, helicopters, mash's and even civ doctors roaming about) - these units will have 10 med packs in them and also dragging wounded to them will enable healing, added ability for AI to revive player, tweaked server parameter menu to limit the revive count better - will experiment with this. Once revive is fully operational I will update the script and then roll out across the mission

Fixed - both pilots now function properly and can access planes

repositioned base raider spawns - watch out!

added lingor weapons to ammo crate west

totally new city circuit taking in the new lands to the south east and south west

still not fixed the VAB resapwning - hopefully will work out what is wrong with this

Thanks for that reply Egg, we'll give it a shot. We really enjoy the variety that GITS Evo missions offer. I've made a few tweaks of my own with (surprise) more of the POOK items which makes testing much easier. So basically my squad mates get to beta test for me :D I've identified several MP issues that never surfaced when playing on a test mission in the editor (respawn issues etc).

We recently played through Lingor v4 w/o pilot refuel abilities and it made for a mroe interesting play style. Instead of charging head-on into the fray, knowing that a destroyed tank is easily refueled and repaired, we were more careful in our city clearing! :D The "more dangerous" mission (aka w/o pilot refuel support) was surprisingly fun. We've always played with focus on tanks with A10 support with everyone armed w/ Stingers. I'm talking them into trying an alternate approach where we use only APCs and light vehicles, reasoning that an island assault would probably have lighter vehicles. Making the overall mission more challenging w/o necessarily making it "harder". Honestly I find it most enjoyable when sneaking to the tower on foot w/ suppressed weapons. More of a Blackhawk Down feel! :cool:

Thank you GITS for all the fun! (tips hat)

I must say exceptional work on all your GITS Evo releases Eggbeast, GITS clan, and those who have contributed. Its great to finally have an official GITs Evo thread on Bohemia. The vehicle and aircraft placement tweak is ideal over Lingor ver.3 and 4. Will give the updated ver.5 a go this evening. Our squad has been playing almost exclusivley, GITs Evos for several months now and love it. They are probably the most well rounded and inclusive missions to be found in any Arma offering IMO. We noticed a new bug of 4th person view when killed and no way out but respawn. No longer able to get into gunner seat of static SAMs? I had already uploaded Lingor v1.4 to server before I noticed you were using ver1.33. The difference is bug fixes from what I understand. I don't think there is a compatibility issue, but I could be wrong. None the less, we are thoroughly enjoying it, Hope you get the recognition you deserve, Thanks again for all your efforts.

nice 1 fellas - glad you're enjoying it

we play on foot too - we make a farp with a few good defence/offense tanks and MHQ and SAMS then move in on foot using recon HQ to gradually push enemy back.

with new revive working we're using this a lot.

you can also drag friendlies to civ ambulances and mash etc to heal them.

make sure you update the lingor v5 from 1800 GMT on 20/5, as I updated it 3 times today - finally got a lot of bugs fixed up.

especially revive settings

A little fun thing I did is for some missions with the news flash I put things like "country in grip of terror as teamkilling on the rise... BBC reports most teamkilling happens when Tony flies CAS..." - things like that :D Always gets a laugh when they first see it!

Egg, a while ago the missions never gave the RUG init message/error on connect but now they do ? Not that annoying (just hit enter) but I looked in the init.sqf and the RUG line is there but why do you have RUG_DSAIRus four times in total, hopefully now that revive and lots of other stuff is fixed you could update Tropica or Tigeria as they are really old versions. They also only have mod version so maybe do a RACS version too :D.

HAZ

in the init it is explained:

//rug_dsai settings [EAST, WEST, GUER, CIV, sideEnemy]

RUG_DSAI_SIDES = ["RUG_DSAIRus","RUG_DSAI","RUG_DSAIRus","RUG_DSAIRus","RUG_DSAIRus"];

so you set the language for each faction.

the non critical error mesage happens oncew on join if you run the mod on client but not server - we do this so public can play on server without the mod running

we will update tropica and tigeria soon with racs

Ok thanks Egg, the mission now is on Tigera 0.6 and its been updated to 0.7 along with a separate version Tigera Special Edition, I am running SE and I don't see why 0.7 should be used if you decide that one.

HAZ

Can anyone help me with a problem with mhq? I am plagued with this problem on all evo maps. The mhq works for 2 or 3 towns then the marker gets stuck where

it was last.I delete all aircraft scripts like makesu,makehind.......because i play solo with ai and dont want enemy aircraft.Could deleting these scripts be the prob?

no but reconnecting usually fixes the problem

it happens when you have lost 12 mhq's

are you playing SP? ifso this might be an undiscovered bug we would need to think about fixing...

try reconnectingto your server and see if this fixes the bug.

try reconnecting in a different slot to the one you were in.

If your playing it in a self hosted game then the mission will restart after you change slot and it will end if you reconnect, I would recommend playing the mission on a dedi server even if its hosted on your own desktop while playing it at least then you can reconnect. Egg I can not play V5 Lingor because its just too laggy, I was fine on V4 and my ping on V5 is fine.

HAZ

there's nothing in v5 that is significant so it must be something on your pc

like windows update? or virus scanner etc.

try playing it on dedi on your machine with internet turned off

Eggbeast hiya! - you mentioned in this post something about a "new revive" where the AI can revive players now?

Could you explain how this works exactly so I understand how to use it?...when i recruit AI into my group they do not come to revive me at all after I've been downed. Thanks abunch!

PS - im using v5 RACS Lingor

I don't think AI revive you but I might be wrong, where did Egg say this :) ?

HAZ

I don't think AI revive you but I might be wrong, where did Egg say this :) ?

HAZ

it was mentioned in post #158

"Lingor RACS v5

Improved revive - made a full array of casevac vehicles including civilian ambulances, helicopters, mash's and even civ doctors roaming about) - these units will have 10 med packs in them and also dragging wounded to them will enable healing, added ability for AI to revive player"

...I was also wondering how to decrease the amount of spawning attack aircraft...there's too many attack aircraft when playing with only 2 or 3 players and would like to mod it so that i only get about 1/3 of what spawns currently.

Edited by BigShot

Sorry, I did not read it correctly :o. Egg there is a new mission waiting for you to complete, are you going to accept this mission :yay: ?

HAZ

anyone know how to reduce the amount of spawning attack aircraft?

Thread here.

HAZ

Edited by Dirty Haz
New thread and new mission name as requested by Eggbeast