Sign in to follow this  
Sealife

SP put the fire out

I made a little addon and a mission to help me get used to the flight models for TOH and keep a nice simple mission to observe patch differences and xml enhancements.

Anyway i am off to relax in the Sunf for a bit so thought i would post it here for others to have a little fun with too.

Included are :

1 mission

1 addon watermisc.pbo

place mission in mydocs\toh(or toh other) profiles\missions

place addon in any @ folder of your choosing and start with usual -mod parameter to suite

Basic over view :

Dip the bucket in the water and fly to the building thats on fire , you must have bucket within 40m to have it open and the drops must fall within a close radius

Dip the bucket and repeat until bored :)

It is a very basic and simple mission ,however it does help with flying skillz especially when moving cargo.

Media

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7026/firedh.jpg

Download

http://www.filesavr.com/XU6IZK07J133BAZ

Alternative

http://wikisend.com/download/345444/dropwater.7z

Instructions

Have fun

Edited by Thromp

Are you sure you uploaded the mission? It seems to just want to download a jpg in your second link?

Yep

if i click the jpeg in firefox it downloads ok for me , ill upload to another as well tho now

nw - it's working now I suspect I may have tried too soon!

First of all, thanks for your effort. I enjoy the mission.

I dump water on the fire and it appears to go out on my first try. Is this the intended behavior? because you describe 'Dip the bucket and repeat until bored'.

I prefer the Medium helicopter over the Heavy, so I modified the mission to use it instead. (personal use only)

example gameplay video

hRmWbyMmbWU

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Hi ,

I am still enjoying the Spanish sunshine I will be back next Tuesday with an update of some trees that burn and a bit better mission at least on a cig packet it seems so

Pls feel free to share any missions

For now the fire should go out with close shot and re light when bucket dips again .

Yeah I saw it , I must have added new part later , simply add a line in the logic that fills the bucket , Jim set damage 1, or in barrel .sqs. , instead of setdammage 0 , decrease it by .1 , but you will need to get current damage and reduce , ill do it on my return

I made a little addon and a mission to help me get used to the flight models for TOH and keep a nice simple mission to observe patch differences and xml enhancements.

That's very impressive so far! Thanks to Ziggy for the video, too! :)

Keep up the good work, guys - and we're glad to see you enjoying the game!

Best,

RiE

Can't download your mission. First link tells "File not found", second links to "SOF Zijlstra.pdf". Please reupload.

Hi Ziggy,

Please, whenever possible if you can send me a PM with your modification (medium vs heavy helo) of the mission...

Thanks

Isaac

Isaac, I hesitate to distribute the mission I have edited for two reasons.

First, the mission crashes to desktop if you crash the helicopter. I suspect it has something to do with the rope attachto helicopter, but I just don't know.

Second, I can't re-ignite the fire on the house, even with the suggestions provided by Thromp, and I consider the mission much more useful if you can make more than a single attempt at putting the fire out. I even tried an repeatable Radio trigger without success.

For these reasons, I will wait for Thromp to return and make adjustments.

You can quite simply modify the mission yourself to do as you asked. Open the mission in the editor and switch the Heavy chopper with a Medium, then drag select all of the objects and move them to your desired location. Only the fire_base and the helicopter need be moved, really.

If you are really determined to get the simple modification I did, then ask again and I will provide it.