Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

CMcD Cannon/Main Gun Tweaks

G'day all,

Here is a little addon I've been tinkering away with for a while. It isn't perfect, but it is good fun.

Essentially, this is a weapon replacement for all vehicles using cannons / main guns, which let the AI use the correct ammo on the correct target. For example, the 40mm CTWS on the Warrior 2 will now use HEIT on infantry, and switch to AP to knock out marauding APCs or piss off tanks.

This is done via a complex muzzle system devised by [ASA]Oden, bless his cotton socks. Oden - cheers for giving people access to your source files.

It also fixes a bug or two, and adds ATGM ability to the Russian T72 and T90.

...there are some bugs/limitations - read the readme.

Consider this a public test version. I'm not seeing any game-breaking arseups, or RPT errors, but I expect a few. This is also MP untested. As it is a replacement, it would definitely cause trouble on machines not using it.

There is a little example mission included, see the readme for details.

Summary:

- 1.59 CO + BAF + PMC required. Works fine (seemingly) on 1.60 betas.

- MP untested.

- Example mission included (use the latest 1.60 beta).

- Extreme credits to [ASA]Oden for his work in this field, kyu for help with the example mission and also Mr. Burns earlier on. :)

Linky: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GWYM81MO

• Like 2

Cheers mate to you and Oden!

This is an excellent improvement. :bounce3:

Does it come in UCP? :D

Sounds interesting and long overdue.

everyone at least has the DLC as lite. what arma version do you have Alex?

Thankyou for the kind words. :) If I get time/motivation, I may also apply a fix to that pesky SPG9... now even MOAR deadly/annoying.

pmc and baf required??

The Warrior requires BAF, PMC is mostly just to ensure people are using 1.59. But I agree with kyu above - the DLC should be available as lite?

This looks very interesting. I'm giving it a try now.

It is very good that an ACE dev is giving this a look... please consider incorporating a similar system in your future releases. :)

I have tested it (runs beside with a load of other Mods), and it works very good. It is a Feature what i´ve missed for a long time. Kudos CMD&the other Devs! :thumb:

I've found a bug that the mod was caused the M1A2 TUSK (US Army) having empty cannon, but the USMC one is still fine. Could you fix that?