I'll have some results either this evening or tomorrow afternoon.. depending on the wife's mood :p

Ok fellas heres some news:

What was done today:

-completed a section of readmes, I had added a alphabetical numerical system

-updated several readmes: permissions,mod links, features list, features by subject

-added and integrated mod troopmon2 (finally got permission)

-added mod asr_throwablesatchel-1.2

-added mod CHN Arty+

-updated several mods that had updates for them

still need to test and do:

-update the SLX section of the optional Mods and tweaks folder

New Mods to test

Ai Heli Control

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15898

ANZINS Weapons & ANZINS Launchers

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11189

Blake's PRADAR (Player Radar)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15334

MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791

GAM Clockfacing Report

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14183

Enhanced Skills Slider

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16213

TPWC AI suppression system

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

===================================

I have a close friend whom I always play with that will test the mods for me.

Lastly After i finish the COWarModCL version, i will build the COWarMod reg version 1.2 which wont take me long,

its just a matter of updating some readmes, and then moving files.

we need to finish this testing before end of saturday, or by sunday latest, as I need to finsh this project.

COWarMod v 1.2 Release deadline is July 1st

For those that are testing, get what you can tested and reported, i dont see any serious conflicts but it still needs to be done, its never

guaranteed that the mod big as it is will not have bugs somewhere, but I need to have it so that when someone downloads it,

that it plays smooth, and everything works without errors, crashes, ect,.

any questions post our reply.

All for today.

Gunter,

Uninstalling, deleting everything left behind, and reinstalling, did WONDERS. More on that later. I have some feedback on...

Worked great for me in SP. It did wonders on getting the AI to get their heads down, but I wish that it had more of an impact on the player. I remember SLX for OFP, where it would force you to instant-prone, and breathe heavily, and shake. I liked most of it, except the instant-proning, as more times than not, instant-proning was nearly guaranteed to save the player from certain (deserved) death. I liked how Project Reality handled it for Battlefield II, by penalizing the player with severe visual blurring (well, it was too severe in my mind, but...). By blurring the vision, it forced the player to have to make a body-decision quickly, but it was only executed on the player's demand, not due to some programing feature ala SLX-OFP. In any case, till TPWC makes further adjustments, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Anzins Weapons was also working well for me. I thoroughly appreciate being able to aim at a target that's within 50 m. of me now.

Out of sever curiosity, I tried an AI combination that I fell in love with tonight: COWarMod+ASR_AI+Group Link 4 Special FX Edition ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8848&highlight=GROUP%2BLINK ), and in that order inside the Properties window. I had my hands full against that AI, like never before. No problems either, as far as I could tell. I just wish that the newly destroyed & burning buildings produced smoke from the wreckage, but it's something that I can easily overlook considering the challenge that I got.

I'll have to try the PRADAR again sometime tomorrow. It didn't work at all for me this past week, but right now, my game is playing at the TOP of its game, so my fingers are crossed that I'll get much better results.

Yours!

Hi Gunter

Apologies for delay in testing, work has been manic. Client report for a big urgent project goes off this evening so I'll have some time for Arma again, :yay:

Will start with GAMS & ESS.

BTW, I'll be using the latest release of asr_ai (1.15.1).

Would you like a cleaned-up version of my hack of SLX_wounds that removed weapon-dropping? A couple of dozen people downloaded it & nobody has reported any bugs or problems so I guess it's OK. Could include it as an optional file. Personally I think it's an improvement, only potential drawback (I still haven't chacked ot, duh!) is that SLX rearming might be kaput; I always run it with asr_ai so it's not an issue for me, plus unlike SLX, asr_ai gives you the choice of enabling/disabling rearming in-game when appropriate (I always disabe it when my team is near ammo crates or vehicles with cargo to stop then swapping mags for grenades, etc., or taking rockets for which there are no launchers).

Worked great for me in SP. It did wonders on getting the AI to get their heads down, but I wish that it had more of an impact on the player. I remember SLX for OFP, where it would force you to instant-prone, and breathe heavily, and shake. I liked most of it, except the instant-proning, as more times than not, instant-proning was nearly guaranteed to save the player from certain (deserved) death. I liked how Project Reality handled it for Battlefield II, by penalizing the player with severe visual blurring (well, it was too severe in my mind, but...). By blurring the vision, it forced the player to have to make a body-decision quickly, but it was only executed on the player's demand, not due to some programing feature ala SLX-OFP. In any case, till TPWC makes further adjustments, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Out of sever curiosity, I tried an AI combination that I fell in love with tonight: COWarMod+ASR_AI+Group Link 4 Special FX Edition ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8848&highlight=GROUP%2BLINK ), and in that order inside the Properties window. I had my hands full against that AI, like never before. No problems either, as far as I could tell. I just wish that the newly destroyed & burning buildings produced smoke from the wreckage, but it's something that I can easily overlook considering the challenge that I got.

Yes GL4 is great just wish it was still being worked on and updated.

I have been testing with TPWC AI suppression as well and so far no conflicts or issues. Keep in mind that TPWC is still being updated (daily now?) to solve various issues including working in MP. They have also improved the player suppression and its effects.

Gunter - if you are thinking of releasing COWar update very soon I would hesitate to include TPWC or at least make it an SP-only addon for now. That's not to say it isn't freakin' awesome but just that it needs more MP testing and tweaking

Sorry for my late reply had some errands to do this morning after work and then went to bed right away when I got home.

thanks for the feedback.

So so far it sounds like what you guys tested so far has no issues with anything else.

Test

If you guys could test the ANZINS Weapons & ANZINS Launchers with the ASC Weapon Pack.

Heres how you test this:

refer to this page on how to set ASC Weapon Pack in the editor:

http://warmod.webs.com/ascweaponpack.htm

choose various guns and see if making adjustments work with the guns and then make sure the ANZINs work,

so we want to make sure both ANZINS and ASC features work.

Tests in general

When testing anything be sure to test a mod with other features that would do the same thing, and be sure to watch

out for odd behavior ingame, errors popping up, and rpt errors if any.

RPT

I'd like to see any RPT 's you guys may have after testing, as I look for certain things.

=====================

Worked great for me in SP. It did wonders on getting the AI to get their heads down, but I wish that it had more of an impact on the player.

Good deal, keep in mind that COSLX has a file called SLX_supression which does that, when you get shot at enough your hands shake,

your screen blurs slightly, rather changes tint, and you breath a little heavier.

COWarMod+ASR_AI+Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Sounds like a good combination, just to bad I never was granted permission to included GL4, but ASRAI is in the mod so that will be good.

BTW, I'll be using the latest release of asr_ai (1.15.1).

Thas fine, I have that version in the mod already.

Would you like a cleaned-up version of my hack of SLX_wounds that removed weapon-dropping?

Yes Orcinus I would, that would def give players a nice option if they wanted.

Speaking of SLX, Domokun if you guys remember created an SLX lite and plus versions for COSLX which i will also add to the mod.

The SLX part of COWarModCL is about the only thing left for me to do, other then add the new entries into readmes for completed

tests you guys have done so far.

Gunter - if you are thinking of releasing COWar update very soon I would hesitate to include TPWC or at least make it an SP-only addon for now.

That's not to say it isn't freakin' awesome but just that it needs more MP testing and tweaking

Yes defiantly I will have the SP versions, and update accordingly.

Ok heres the list again based on your reports, and feedback:

Ai Heli Control

ANZINS Weapons & ANZINS Launchers - need that one test done with ASC weapons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11189

GAM Clockfacing Report

Enhanced Skills Slider

TPWC AI suppression system - tests completed can be added to CWM

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

===================================

Other COWarMod v 1.2 Notes/Plans

-I will be tomorrow (Saturday) going through most of the tests not completed yet with a close friend of mine,

he will be doing some of the tests, and possibly we should have the testing complete Saturday.

-Another update will be the COWarMod Loading screen

for: COWarModCL I will have my buddy do the update as he does all my graphics work, but CoWarMod CL for the loading page will have CL added to the name,

and then at the bottom right of the loading screen v 1.2 will be added so folks know what version of the mod they are playing with.

-Regular full version of CWM v 1.2 will jsut have an update of the loading screen and then the v number at the bottom right,

little misc thing but it will add to the atmosphere of the mod rather for more feedback to the player.

-Again I will be building the full version CoWarMod v 1.2 when the COWarModCL version is complete, as it will be a template, all I need to do is update a few readmes,

and then move some files, the full version will have a customizable version like the CL version but all AI files and voice mod files, as well as player movement files will be in the mod.

all for now, lets get this testing and such wrapped up this weekend, if you guys test 1-2 mods thats fine, but lets get this done so i can get this released

before the weekend is out folks haev been waiting long as it is for this update!

===============

Whats after COWarMod v 1.2 Update?

- COWarModACE (ACE Compatible version using the COWarMod v 1.2 as a base to work with) will be started, and again I will need testers for this,

but i will first setup the mod and provide a list of whats been covered so far, and then look at the current setup (v 1.2) and review the files and g from there,

we will be using the COWarModACE Compatible Open beta Project thread for this version.

=======================

Any questions let me know.

Post your test results and lets get this done!

Thanks again for all your feedback and reports, and support, your efforts are very much appreciated, and I will be definitely including you guys in the credits,

now I got to update the front page again cuz of you guys dammit, lol :p

All for now.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Tested ANZINS Weapons (I'm still trying to regain my confidence level to fool around with launchers right now, even though I know that they're supposed to make mod-launching easier), and I found that the SCAR+EGLM with the FLIR scope is not using the topmost sights as the other scopes are. With the other scopes, when one uses the Optics key to switch from the magnified aiming view to the non-magnified aiming view, the player's eye goes to the top center of the scope, but not with the FLIR.

It's tricky to describe: when one aims with with misaligned "iron sights" view, one is not on top of the scope, but rather looking at the left side of the weapon. Vertically, one is centered with mounting brackets of the FLIR scope and the rest of the weapon is below. When one shoots, the round seems to shoot high and to the left. It's weird, because one almost gets the impression that one could use the laser dot collameter for the EGLM that's mounted on the left side of the SCAR, but if one tries to use it as marker, the rounds miss the mark in a major way - as I said, high and to the left.

I'm not sure yet if all FLIR-mounted weapons do this or not.

I seem to recall a much earlier build of ANZINS weapons, and I was able to properly ook over the top of the scope, and utilize its barely-there "iron sights" for engaging targets that were close to me.

In regards to the SLX player suppression effects, I read about them in the documentation that came with your mod, but I was not able to find the actual PBO in the Optional folder of SLX mods. But I see that, as you just said, it is in your COSLX mod-are they compatible? If so, I won't hesitate to use it. I'm already enjoying the SLX birds, animals and pistol tracers mods that were included as optional with the COWarMod file. I just wish that the animals made more noise. They don't issue any sounds when injured, just when killed. The cattle, for sure, should be mooing a lot more when someone runs within 1.5 m. of them. I grew up working on my grandfather's farm in the summertime, and he raised cows - the cattle in ArmA are ninja-bovines, as they're so quiet. I better be careful around them, as they might throw shurikens at me. :D What I like about the pistol tracers mod is that I can have every third round be a tracer, and the last 3 or 5 be all tracers as well, so that one has a visual warning when one is getting low on ammo.

If I could adjust one more thing on the GL4SFX mod, it would be to turn down the frequency at which buildings, particularly homes, catch on fire from explosives, particularly 40 mm grenades. Well, in any case, it sadly doesn't sound like you got permission to integrate GL4SFX into your amazing collection, but that won't stop me from trying them together!

I still wish that I could find an AI mod that got the AI to REALLY use buildings a LOT better. I remember seeing footage of ASR's AI fighting in an urban area, and they were using fairly well 4-5 buildings... What frustrates me is that I've NEVER seen ASR's AI do those things in any of the missions I played - is that a feature that has to be scripted in for it to manifest in a mission, or...?

Hi

Having some real problems with testing. Set up a fresh directory with the full COWarmod 1.1 (patched) but removed asr_ai as that's installed anyway.

Hundreds of 'listed twice' errors, but then I always get those with COWarmod & it doesn't seem to affect anything.

smk anims spammed the rpt with hundreds of errors when I entered the editor to check ASC vs Anzins, starting with placing an ASC All-inOne Ammo box, entering preview & taking a launcher:

Sample:

Animation smk_anims\anims\launcher\smk_launcherlyingreload.rtm not found or empty

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon.ConnectTo: Bad move WeaponGLMagazineReloadStand

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon.ConnectTo: Bad move WeaponGLMagazineReloadStand

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon.ConnectTo: Bad move smk_SpecCrouchTaunt

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPpneMrunSlowWrflDr \\\\

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/SLX_SteepLying_AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPpneMrunSlowWrflDr \\\\

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/SLX_LyingSuppressed.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPpneMrunSlowWrflDr \\\\

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/SLX_CrouchSuppressedRifle.ConnectTo: Bad move WeaponGLMagazineReloadStand

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/SLX_CrouchSuppressedRifle.ConnectTo: Bad move smk_SpecCrouchTaunt

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/SLX_LyingSuppressedRifle.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPpneMrunSlowWrflDr \\\\

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/smk_HandsBase.ConnectTo: Bad move WeaponGLMagazineReloadStand

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_Kneel_AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon.ConnectTo: Bad move AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_Kneel

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_Kneel_AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon.InterpolateTo: Bad move AdthPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_16

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \Ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\sdr\cts\suicide\ActsPercMstpSnonWpstDnon_sebevrazda1A with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \Ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\sdr\cts\axe\ActsPercMstpSnonWaxeDnon_sekaniIn with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \Ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\sdr\cts\axe\ActsPercMstpSnonWaxeDnon_sekani2 with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \Ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\sdr\cts\axe\ActsPercMstpSnonWaxeDnon_sekani2 with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \Ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\sdr\cts\axe\ActsPercMstpSnonWaxeDnon_sekaniOut with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\crg\knl\stp\non\non\AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_GetOutLow with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\crg\knl\stp\non\non\AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_GetOutMedium with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\crg\knl\stp\non\non\AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_GetOutHigh with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \ca\Anims\Characters\data\anim\sdr\cts\idling\AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_idleLoop with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \CA\Anims\CHARACTERS\data\Anim\sdr\cts\idling\poslouchaniproslovgenerala_CsdrAidlPercMstpSnon_ercTOruceVbok with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

<snipped many lines>

arning: unset head bob mode in animation \ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\wop\pne\stp\opt\bin\AwopPpneMstpSoptWbinDnon_non with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: unset head bob mode in animation \ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\wop\pne\stp\opt\bin\AwopPpneMstpSoptWbinDnon_non with strength 0.21393, changed to begin/end alignment

Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \smk_anims\anims\smk_JumpOverWall.rtm

(I don't normally use SMK, btw).

Than I found ASC was broken - the "modify rifle" box opens but all the accessory drop-downs were empty/defunct. Nothing in the RPT.

Exited, removed SMK, restarted - ASC is still broken. I fired up both my own edit of COWarmod and COWarmodACE (with which I definitely did test ASC at the beginning of last November; I think that might be the last time I used ASC) and had the same problem.

Several things have changed since last November - the 1.60 patch, plus a complete reinstall when I was given ArmA X. I've played a couple of missions with my edit of COWM since then but didn't use ASC.

Does anyone else have issues with ASC?

PS Another change is that I'm using the CBA CBA_v1.0.0pre2, Also I checked the rpt for the COWarmodAce run, that also has all the smk errors.

Edited by Orcinus

Hey guys, good Morning and happy weekend! :)

Glad to be home and the work week over. Well I will quote and give my feedback and response from what you guys posted.

Tested ANZINS Weapons

it seems to me that certain weapons will have certain results, I actually took a test myself to see how it worked, I worked fast, but I noticed

that anzins only seems to work best with certain weapons, this by itself and with v 1.1 with CWM.

I think what I will do is add this to the optional tweaks and mods folder as some folks like myself like their scopes,a dn what not, i think the

mod is ok, everyone ok with that decision?

In regards to the SLX player suppression effects, I read about them in the documentation that came with your mod,

but I was not able to find the actual PBO in the Optional folder of SLX mods.

Thats because its in the COWarMod addons folder, not all files are in the tweaks and mods folder, this is also another reason why i have readmes

there to tell you whats in the mod and what isn't.

in the readme titled "67 SLX Files in COWarMod" (v 1.1 of CWM) you'll find a listing of all the files (pbo's) in CWM, and the one your looking for is called"

slx_suppression_effects

If I could adjust one more thing on the GL4SFX mod, it would be to turn down the frequency at which buildings, particularly homes, catch on fire

Look in the JTD Fire & Smoke userconfig, thats another mod that will cause stuff to catch on fire.

it sadly doesn't sound like you got permission to integrate GL4SFX

No I definitely did not, as I was told that he wanted to keep the mod for himself I guess as standalone and

not combined in some package like mine, well as you said it shouldnt stop you from adding it.

I still wish that I could find an AI mod that got the AI to REALLY use buildings a LOT better. I remember seeing footage of ASR's AI

fighting in an urban area, and they were using fairly well 4-5 buildings... What frustrates me is that I've NEVER seen ASR's AI do those

things in any of the missions I played - is that a feature that has to be scripted in for it to manifest in a mission, or...?

JTD Building Search script

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13130&highlight=HOUSE%2BSEARCH

Hundreds of 'listed twice' errors, but then I always get those with COWarmod & it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Ya same here, I;'d like to know what causes that, surely its a mod or two that does that.

smk anims spammed the rpt with hundreds of errors

Yup, i could have posted ahead of you and said that, lol, but that mod is cool, but i dont use it.

Than I found ASC was broken - the "modify rifle" box opens but all the accessory drop-downs were empty/defunct. Nothing in the RPT.

Hmm funny as I had no issues with it, you did choose a weapon and then look at the info below it and then scroll to the bottom of the ammo

box and then choose the attachable equip for that weapon right then when you are out of the gear box you scroll your action menu, and it will say modify weapon.

Heres my target line when I test with COWarMod:

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod

CoWarModACEstill needs some work, and should be testing and built off of CWM v 1.2 as theres still bugs in v 1.1

Anyways heres my decision:

Anzins will go into optional tweaks and mods folder, heres the remaining list:

Ai Heli Control

GAM Clockfacing Report

Enhanced Skills Slider

=================

may conflict with:

-HiddenUnitTags_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-DisabledPeripheralVisionEnemy

-DisabledPeripheralVisionFriendly

-fthud

======

Testing notes:

-test a mod with and without COWarMod v 1.1

-test a mod againsted a similar functioning mod in CWM

-test only with stock patch v 1.60

-use only @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA as this is my instructions for those who are installing to set their mod up like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod[/b]

=====

Orcinus pm me with a link to the slx file you got for the AI dropping weapons feature, so I can add it to the mod,

and then add a note to the readme.

====

Thoughts questions.

ideas, post ur reply, i'll be back in the mid afternoon, lets get this done today!

As a group we use many mods but ai is mainly controlled by SLX and GL4 combined, it’s a shame that GL4 could not be included in COSLX as it would work out perfect.

The use of buildings, rooftops etc and the unusual bits and bobs like playing dead, lobbing grenades while they are injured, surrendering, suppression, disarm and watch over etc, etc, you get with both SLX & GL4 makes A2 first class. Whole squads hold up in town in buildings, balconies and rooftops, fantastic. We have used this mix for quite a while..

one of our group members post pics here showing it at work, you will have to scroll towards the bottom of the page

I can’t see any problem using COSLX with GL4..

Here's some notes re: testing with TPWC version 1.01

Note that since my tests (Wednesday) TPWC is up to version 1.04

Tested with 2 missions - SeizeZones and Flashpoint Zargabad both in SP mode

- Default init time - make sure this is set high enough to allow for other mods setting AI skills, etc. Configurable in the .hpp file (addon)

- script error when used with ASR_AI - this should be fixed soon in a new version - they are working to make it 100% compatible with ASR_AI

MP still has some issues however it looks like those will be fixed soon, based on the activity in the release thread for TPWC. In my opinion this mod MUST be included when it is ready (hell it should be integrated into the next Arma beta release!!)

Gunter I'll PM you the RPT files next

I tried it with GL4 and saw no compatibility issues...I still see the Static ATGM bug, but other than that works perfectly..

Some progress:

Firstly I tracked down the source of the RPT 'listed twice' spam which was driving me bananas -

G:\ARMA II\@COWarMod11p\addons\radio_streamlined_text.pbo 5,168.00 KB 01/06/2011 17:20:32 [line] 224 ID="str_ep1_fox_hunters_found_bis_heli.sqf2">

so pro tem I've taken that out. Might be due to an overlap with Radio Discipline. I'll throw it back temporarily in when I've finished each test & check nothing breaks.

Tried ASC + latest ANZINS alone & with COWarmod in two editor missions; one your Weapons_Testing.Desert_E, & another a simple mission of some USMC vs RU on Utes. Worked fine, although of course ANZINS did not work with ASC weapons, only the vanilla kit.

Currently testing GAM, next will be ESS.

I'll upload a cleaned-up version of my SLX_wounds edit tomorrow.

JED_ES works fine with COWarmod (though I omitted JED_ESS_Config, as I had some CTDs running it with asr_ai & just a few other mods.

GAM seems fine as well. Adding both GAM & JED_ESS causes no problems. RPT clean (other than usual crap).

Might be worth mentioning in the read me file that JED_ESS does not act on units spawned after the sliders have been set (to avoid conflict with asr_ai). To affect the settings of those units, users need to re-open ESS, adjust the sliders once more, & exit.

w

Hey guys sorry for the late reply this hot weather and a busy night at work had me in bed most of the afternoon,

but thats a a good thing, im rested and ready to finish this mod up to release this weekend ;)

Thank you for the reports once again, very much appreciated, I will be sure to include all you guys in the credits.

@ChrisB

Thank you for your report, COSLX is in COWarMod so thats good to know that it works good with GL4, Im sure many players use GL4,

I will make note of the compatibility in the SLX section in CWM.

I tried it with GL4 and saw no compatibility issues

Thanks for the report Soldaten, if GL4 were in CWM it would surely be great!

Firstly I tracked down the source of the RPT 'listed twice' spam which was driving me bananas -

G:\ARMA II\@COWarMod11p\addons\radio_streamlined_text.pbo 5,168.00 KB 01/06/2011 17:20:32 [line] 224 ID="str_ep1_fox_hunters_found_bis_heli.sqf2">

so pro tem I've taken that out. Might be due to an overlap with Radio Discipline. I'll throw it back temporarily in when I've finished each test & check nothing breaks.

So Streamlined Radio then was causing the rpt spam then, interesting, ya get back to me asap how it turns out after that test and see if you still get that error/spam,

that addon is in the customization folder under AI shouts & voice mods.

So unless a player adds this the RPt wont be spammed, all depends.

I think the true test will be with the full version, once I release both the CL and full version of CWM v 1.2 then if you guys could test the whole mod as it is and

then provide any feedback, and if theres any errors, bugs, then what we can do is remove a file that would cause those error and I could re upload a fixed version.

So heres the current list so far from received reports:

Ai Heli Control

GAM Clockfacing Report - mod works and can be added

Enhanced Skills Slider - mod works and can be added, but need to include note with its use

===============

So just 3 left to test.

I can test myself as well but very briefly like within 5-10min :j:

I will be back with any reports and news of where we are at so far with the mod.

My plans atm

I'm planning on getting the CoWarModCL version done before midnight today and then working on the full version CWM v 1.2

throughout the morning 1am-8am, and then releasing on Sunday July 1st sometime before the end of the day.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Here is my current To do list of whats left to do before finishing COWarModCL v 1.2

COWarMod To Do List

need to update/add to the readmes for

-TPW_HOUSELIGHTS

-JED_ESS

-GAM_ClockfacingReport

-ANZINS_Upgrades

-add any notes from reported tests

-add and update credits readme for the modders and testers

-need to update loading screen

to test

-Blakes_PRADAR

-ai_heli_control

-norrn_dbo_fastrope

===============

What i have done today in the past 2 hours:

-added SLX lite & Plus

-built SLX readme "Whats not in COWarMod"

listed in the readme where the locations of each file

-reviewed and updated SLX in COWarMod readme

-added and updated folder "Optional Features"

-added and updated Problem Files folder

-added and updated SLX Lite and SLX Plus folder

============

SLX section under the Optional tweaks & Mods folder in the customization folder is complete (finally) ;)

If i didn't list it I have added the addon:

TPW Houselights - automatic house light addon - sp & Multiplayer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16904&highlight=TPW%2BHOUSELIGHTS

=============

Should have another report before midnight on whats been done.

if you guys have any more reports get them in asap, I want if possible the COWarModCL done tonight before midnight

so i can get working on the Full version of the mod when all you Jerries are sleeping, lol

====

This forum is 1 hour ahead of my time so 12 midnight here will be 1 am here.

Well this is taking longer then necessary, :j:

I was working on the loading screen and cant get my buddies update to work, as the new screen adds itself to the menu screen and looks like crap, so

I changed the config but now the loading screen only shows up at the start before the menu but dont load after the menu for loading in between games overall.

Unless someone can figure out the config for me and update my loading screen, you guys will just have to be happy with the current one.

Sorry but this has cost me more time then the mod itself, and is starting to irritate me.

When you download the CWMCl version you'll get the reg CoWarMod loading screen, and there will be no indication what version your running,

other then a customization folder, and of course changes for v 1.2 overall.

When you download CWM v 1.2 you'll have the new version but really no way of telling what version you have other then what the readmes say,

so unless you guys want to see that in the mod then help me out, as of right now its staying the way it is.

Right now Im just adding into the mod the remaining mods and updating the readmes accordingly, Ill do a quick review of everything after, test the mod

for the brief 2 min or so before my cpu freezes my game on my (oh boy what fun! a whole 2-3 min of gameplay), after this if no issues I will start work on the full version.

Any questions, thoughts, reports, let me know.

News

Gentlemen, fans, and players alike COWarModCL is completed except for 2 things still waiting on.

Took me way longer then expected, I actually just got done at 1:30pm here my time (central time USA).

some of the things I had to do that took longer:

-take a dam break, lol was going at it for hours straight

-had to install/test new mods and update readmes accordingly

-had to update readmes even further after several tests (yes I was actually able to test myself but for 5min though) and ran into some error messages, and rpt errors

removed files and updated readmes again... that means no bugs, or errors btw ;)

-based on my tests and reported issues i had compiled a readme of all know bugs, errors ect,. which i had included,

list can be updated if and when new stuff is found or reported.

So heres the run down with COWarModCL:

-theres 169 addons and mods in the @COWarModCL addons folder for this version, and the mod runs well I might add ;)

-for the purpose of customization you have an extra optional 180+ addon/mods and tweaks to add to the game.

giving the player a rough total of 350 addons, Mods, tweaks and the like to add to their game, however not all tweaks

and mods and such, lol you want or should use as they may conflict.

-38 total readmes with a ton if information to help you inform and customize your game.

===============

I will release the COWarModCL v 1.2 sometime today, after I wait a bit and see if the AI suppression script by tpw gets released in pbo

and I have my buddy creating something for me for the mod as well, once all si good i will pack, upload, and submit to Armaholic,

for all i know the mod wont be out til tomorrow July 2nd.

=========

Any questions, thoughts, ideas, then post your reply.

Hi mate

7-zipped SLX_wounds file here; edited to disable the weapons dropping.

https://rapidshare.com/files/4098133566/ORC_slx_wounds.7z

OFPEC-tagged it as ORC_SLX_wounds to avoid any confusion with the original (CO)SLX . There's a short explanatory text file in the zip.

The renamed file works just fine in SP, no idea if an MP server will object to it.

Thanks Orcinus, i will set it up in the mod accordingly, this will give an nice alternative option to the game.

it’s a shame that GL4 could not be included in COSLX as it would work out perfect.

The use of buildings, rooftops etc and the unusual bits and bobs like playing dead, lobbing grenades while they are injured, surrendering, suppression, disarm and watch over etc, etc, you get with both SLX & GL4 makes A2 first class. Whole squads hold up in town in buildings, balconies and rooftops, fantastic. We have used this mix for quite a while..

ChrisB,

I visited the thread that you linked to, and I can tell you from the screenshots that I saw there, that I have NEVER been in urban battle that just "evolved spontaneously" on the battlefield like that.

Would you be so kind as to supply me with the order of your command line parameters for your Properties field of your ArmA 2 CO startup-shortcut?

Also, if you're using COWarMod, I'd like to have some other key points of info as well, as simply telling me its location in the sequence might not be enough. For example, what optional SLX sub-mods did you include from COWarMod's "Optional TWEAKS & MODS" directory did you use, and also, did you bring over any sub-mods from COSLX sub-mods did you add to it?

Any details along these lines would be GREATLY appreciated. I badly want to encounter that kind of nail-biting urban terror.

Gunter, are these kinds of urban AI battles occurring already in your build, or are they absent like mine (and I am already using GL4, and I'm not seeing these results)? If Chris supplies us a list that makes these kinds of events routine, and if the adjustments don't cause any significant bugs to COWarMod, then I highly advise pursuing this route, and, just as importantly, have a video made showing this kind of urban AI combat in action (put into parenthesis that GL4 is needed, and give its necessary sequence order for the Properties line). Or maybe that's uncouth? Heh-heh...still, such a tempting thought!

And it's my understanding with ANZINS' weapons mods that they were specifically designed to work with all default ArmA 2's small firearms (and I think a handful of ones from mods), but it's not a "universal" mod that will automatically work with any weapon in any environ (like Houselights does). I just wish that I knew what was causing the SCAR+EGLM+FLIR to not work properly within COWarMod, as it's about the most perfectly versatile weapon there is, as long as one can use its top mounted mini-"iron sights."

Good luck with the rest of the build Gunter. Your dedication and devotion to such an enormous endeavor is truly rare and stellar.

Gunter, are these kinds of urban AI battles occurring already in your build, or are they absent like mine

(and I am already using GL4, and I'm not seeing these results)?

Have no idea, I can only test for a few min at a time, and 1 little test I did do which was me againsted an

enemy squad was the AI through a grenade at me, and sorta of suppressed me.

But in the CoWarModCL version there are no AI mods in the addons folder:

AI mods

AI voice mods

Player movement mods all have been taken out so you will have to add what you want to your game.

The full version will have those mods though.

I' will unable to make any videos I can only run the game for 5 min at a time or the computer freezes and I have to restart,

all you guys with dual cores, and quad cores and cars for computers can record a video, I have a pair of bicycle pedals rigged under my desk to give my computer power, lol

Dont worry about Anzins I have that setup in the customization folder in the Optional tweaks and mods, up to folks if they want to use it.

Well I'll will be working on the full version of COWarMod, and as soon as tpw gets done with his mod with his latest pbo version

I will add that to COWarModCL and zip it up, upload it and submit to Armaholic.

Gentlemen,

I been pondering, as I look through the COWarModCL folders, and review the readmes on what I can improve, or adjust, or fix if any,

I was starting to think that COWarModCL was good enough instead of creating another version of CWM to be a full version which would only have those files removed in the mod.

I mean seriously its not like anyone cant do that themselves, plus the thing is theres many AI mods, theres many player type movement files,

and theres many AI voice mod files, as well as tweaks.

My point being is if I leave the mod as is and just rename it COWarMod and lose the CL part this would give folks a better customization experience,

so basically instead of having to take out features you dont like which you might do anyways, you can add features you like with you knowing what you added.

The mod is and was already fully customizable as it is, just in the full previous versions I think most folks removed stuff like myself then stayed with the mod the way it originally came.

To me creating a full version would basically mean more work, and personally I'd prefer to start work on the other mod versions like COWarModACE,

questions:

1. Should CWM have a full version or should the user just download the CL version and just customize their game from there?

2. For a readme to list a 100+ features I have it where you have an index that lists all the files, each file has a number, and each file is also

listed alphabetically like it is in the mod, so should i keep the numerical system, or lose it as the alphabetical system is good enough?

At this point where the mod performs well, i tested it for my limited time at least for 5 min, in a few scenarios, all the bugs I have found I had listed, and fixed,

the RPT is not being spammed, no errors on screen, or rpt, or any anomalies have been encountered with the limited run of tests I have done, it works well on my machine,

and tbh I cant wait til i get a new CPU so i can play again!!!!

Your thoughts, and feedback are much appreciated.

questions:

1. Should CWM have a full version or should the user just download the CL version and just customize their game from there?

2. For a readme to list a 100+ features I have it where you have an index that lists all the files, each file has a number, and each file is also

listed alphabetically like it is in the mod, so should i keep the numerical system, or lose it as the alphabetical system is good enough?

Hi buddy

Well done on getting this major update done despite the PC problems!

Re questions:

1. I think one version is enough. As you say, many if not all people are likely to try adding/removing mods to suit their personal preferences.

2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, however in general I prefer alphabetical order for most lists.

Cheers

O.

Hey Orcinus,

Thanks for your reply and feedback as usual.

Well done on getting this major update done despite the PC problems!

thank you, its a bit of a pain to have to do things faster awaiting the pending doom of everything to freeze on you, but I been finding out that i can make

ok tests with a small limited time to get feedback from the mod, so itsa not an all lost cause, the last few test i actually finished myself, but it took me

longer to add the mods to the readmes then it did to test them.

I think one version is enough. As you say, many if not all people are likely to try adding/removing mods to suit their personal preferences.

yes The full version wont be much of a change from the CWMCL v as my plan was to add the AI mod I know wont conflict with each other, voice mods, player movement mods which one should only use 1 version ata time, and then remaining tweaks, update the readmes and done, seriously players can do all that themselves, in a way if i add something like say SLX_wounds, and then they want your version the one without the dropping weapons then they have to "remove" the orig and add yours, whereas if I left the mod as is the can add what they want and be done and play.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, however in general I prefer alphabetical order for most lists.

I'll give you an actual working example from the All Features List readme I have setup currently in the mod, just a small snippet so you can get the idea:

So as seen below, first 10 files are listed.

an Alphabetical system is setup automatically because in the CWM addosn folder thats how the files situate them selves,

so I basically copied the order as it is in the addons folder.

The Numerical system added to this basically adds a number next to each file, and then also places the same corresponding number

by the file description, so basically the whole point of both is so you can find the file and get info on it quickly without having to scroll forever to search,

but my question is , is the alphabetical system enough, i think so, and should i remove the numerical system?

The numbers on the side of each file listed are actually tab spaced,

but for some reason wont show that way when save the post in the forum here.

COWarModCL Features

The following list of files are listed in Alphabetical and numerical order.

All the files listed here are in the @COWarModCL addons folder.

================================================

1 AddedTankMovementOrderDirectionMarkers

2 AdditionalGameTypes (MP)

3 andy_mags

4 Anzacsas_ah64m230

5 ASC Weapon Pack

6 asr_config_camofaces_oa

7 ASR Disable Cursor Text

8 asr_throwablesatchel

9 BC6 Feelings

10 bd_hellfire

===============================

Descriptions

1 AddedTankMovementOrderDirectionMarkers

Shows small icons as part of the tank UI to indicate the movement direction

currently been ordered by the commander.

2 AdditionalGameTypes (MP)

Adds the follow game types to the MP lobby filter:

AAS: 'Assault And Secure'

AD: 'Attack and Defend'

CH: 'Capture and Hold'

crCTI: 'crCTI

Devastation: 'Devastation

Domination: 'Capture The Island

Evolution: 'Evolution'

TDM: 'Team Death Match'

3 andy_mags

This addon will replace default bag you see on the ground when

you drop ammo or a weapon with the correct model of the ammo/weapon type.

4 Anzacsas_ah64m230

modifies the configuration of the AH64 Apache's nose mounted Gun, the M230 Cannon.

The modification to the config of the weapon changes the standard fire mode of the weapon from just one full auto mode to being

able to select between two modes that are preset at 10 and 20 rnd bursts as seen in the HWMod Apache's M230 Cannon

in AA1 and is most often used in real life.

5 ASC Weapon Pack

It allows the players to customize a big case of weapons with silencers for different calibers, a bunch of optics and some equipments like

M203, Flashlight, IR-Laser via a WYSIWYG Weapon Modify Menu.

Also a functionality is in there that there is a customizable chance that careless running players can damage their weapon optics near objects.

All these full SP/MP/JIP compatible !

At weapons who supports both types of enlightment ( Flashlight and IR-Laser) you can also switch between them via the 'u' key.

(it's customizable via userconfig) and you can see the active Mode for a short time.

(See on the left on the picture the active Laser Mode)

For this Release we tuned the following weapons in over 400 different mostly real variants:

- Bizon

- G36

- M107

- M14A1

- M16A4

- M240

- M249

- M4A1

- M9 Beretta

- Makarov

- Mk12

- Uzi

6 asr_config_camofaces_oa

Here is a small config addon to make all of those 100+ faces in Arma2 available to choose in your player profile, each with 6 camo variants,

giving a total of over 700 faces to choose from. Not tested in MP, but given the fact that the faces are already in game they should work fine.

7 ASR Disable Cursor Text

Removes text from the in-game cursor to eliminate magic rangefinder and other information

gathering when using the commanding (spacebar) key.

8 asr_throwablesatchel

This mod allows a demolition expert (usually engineers and special forces soldiers) to convert a regular satchel into a throwable one and back.

To convert, you must first select it (cycle weapons until the satchel is selected) then use the scroll menu action.

It can then be thrown over a very short range (max 10m) in the way grenades are used.

You can use it to blow stuff up when you can't get there and set it manually, or like a last-resort AT weapon, for example to throw demo

on top of a tank that's on the other side of the wall, or from a roof.

9 BC6 Feelings

This changes the Leader command icons.

10 bd_hellfire

BD Hellfire is an enhancement that provides an alternative (hopefully more realistic) system for engaging targets with the AGM-114 Hellfire

Air to Ground Missile system. The system forces players to use laser designation to guide Hellfires, without interfering with

AI controlled aircraft's ability to engage targets with Hellfires.

Currently, the system will be utilized on the AH-64, AH-1, and MQ-9 aircraft in game.

Firing Hellfires:

Players can no longer fire hellfires at will with when using BD Hellfire. They will not be able to select Hellfires from their weapons. Instead, when a

valid target is available, the ability to fire using an action (or shortcut key) will be enabled. The action, called "Fire Hellfire", will appear when you

have a lock on a laser target. A shortcut key can be used to invoke firing without using the action menu. By default, it is your "reload" key.

Under normal circumstances, this action will be available to the aircraft's gunner. If Manual Fire is on however, it will be available to the pilot instead.

Targetting:

There are several ways to lock on to a target, but you can only lock on laser targets. The simplest way to designate a target is to turn your

own aircraft's laser designator on (which will be added to the aircraft if it is using BD Hellfire). While your aircraft's laser deisgnator is on, you

will be locked on to the target it creates by default. This is sufficient enough to fire a missile, which will track your aircraft's laser.

In addition, you can simply point your crosshairs toward a laser from another source (ground unit or other aircraft), and you may be able to get a lock.

This is a less reliable method, and may not always produce a lock. If you are able to get a lock with this method, you the fire action will be available.

Lastly, using your laser designator you can manually lock on any laser target. If you have a hard lock on a target, this target will be used to guide your missiles.

Even if you have your own laser active, locking on to another source will override your laser.

Hellfire Flight Modes:

BD Hellfire also includes the option to enable a top attack flight path when firing Hellfires. You can switch between top attack and direct

(default ArmA 2 behavior) attack using the "Toggle Direct/Top Attack" action. In top attack mode, the hellfire will begin to climb right after

it is launched. When it finishes climbing, it will turn back on the target and engage it from a high angle. Using top attack will allow you to

engage targets from behind obsitcles, as well as hit hard targets such as tanks and APCs on the top where their armor is weaker.

The default shortcut for the toggle action is your "vehicle turbo" key.

Under normal circumstances, this action will be available to the aircraft's gunner.

If Manual Fire is on however, it will be available to the pilot instead.

===========================

Any one else think COWarModCL is good enough and a full version CWM is not needed?

Any one else think COWarModCL is good enough and a full version CWM is not needed?

That’s the great thing about your mod COWarMod, it gives players the chance to get straight in and use mods that they can be confident work together. Also separately, you give them mods that may or may not work together but an understanding that testing a little goes a long way.

Possibly in the overall scheme of things your mod could stand as the most important mod to use for the players who like to play more and test little. I spend a great deal of time testing mods out and enjoy that side, but your mod would reduce that time for me, which will give me more time to test our group mods. One version would be enough and easier for you to keep at its pinnacle, rather than worrying regards running two, I would have thought. Anyway your decision..

Looking at the work from the snippet you put up, it looks to excel your usual great quality, so I am really looking forward to this mod and having a really long and in-depth look through.

Great work, even more appreciated by the circumstances you had to put up with to make the mod, having read the topic through..