Sign in to follow this  
enad

ArmA 3 on Steamworks?

Will you buy Arma 3 (Steam exclusive)  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Arma 3 (Steam exclusive)

• Yes
    • No

They are protecting themselves against PETTY lawsuits and minor complaints, that would severely damage their business.

Yeah, protecting themselves from petty lawsuits indeed... I guess they'd have to protect themselves in that case, and make it okay to revoke accounts & games that people have payed for, without any repercussions :rolleyes:

Yeah, some peoples backbones are unfortunately made out of jelly.

That is course assuming that they stand for the same thing, or 'try' to but utlimately collapse under peer pressure or sheer desire.

Yeah, some peoples backbones are unfortunately made out of jelly.

Yup, some don't care. Some do, however believe in fair consumer rights. To some, agreements/eulas are just a bunch of text that they could care less to actually read. They just want to play.

2. Some countries may be forced to be a inconvenience... if it happen, It is based on the bad contract between region publisher and BI. BI must be careful don't make it. (that cases occurs most in Japan)

Regional versions will still be activated thru Steam, since this is a Steamworks title - the only difference would be in the language. Otherwise, I'd expect flawless compatibility.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin
Not worth it

Regional versions will still be activated thru Steam, since this is a Steamworks title - the only difference would be in the language. Otherwise, I'd expect flawless compatibility.

---------- Post added at 02:33 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

I'm not a consumer, but thanks for standing up for me.

One game on Steam. One game. ArmA III needs Steam first and foremost.

Will be kept compatible with the game itself.

but, I have not mentioned it.

The problem is the price in many cases. and contain language is incomplete.

(eg: Hitman: Absolution, it $39.99 in US. $79.99 in japan. and japanese version not contain Languages ​​other than japanese and English. On the other hand, does not include the Japanese in US version.)

(eg: Take on Helicopter, it released in japanese version. but still not include japanese in steam version)

I can't understand that people give a flying fuq about their rights and have them revoked just for the sake of playing a computer game.....

Maybe but in this case you seem to be complaining about rights that by contract havn't been granted in the first place.

Really I cant see how the EULA is all that much different from 99% of any EULA written for a game in the last 20 years.

Anyone read 'by opening the case, reading the manual or installing the game you agree to the EULA' ?

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

(eg: Take on Helicopter, it released in japanese version. but still not include japanese in steam version)

If there is only one version these discepencies are less likely. No?

I am hoping all the mods will work under steamworks which is a mod tool feature similar to sixupdater but built into steam.

i used it for Skyrim RPG game and it worked really well

The problem is the price in many cases. and contain language is incomplete.

(eg: Hitman: Absolution, it $39.99 in US. $79.99 in japan. and japanese version not contain Languages ​​other than japanese and English.

I've no info on languages, but the Japanese market is very specific, so I think Japanese/English selection on a single copy is a good deal. Which version are you looking to get?

Can't help you with the price either, heh-heh.

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

I think only a European retail version has been confirmed at this point - a German publisher AFAIK, should be out in the big-5 Euro languages.

Not sure about Steam A3A one - is it English only? o.O

Maybe but in this case you seem to be complaining about rights that by contract havn't been granted in the first place.

Really I cant see how the EULA is all that much different from 99% of any EULA written for a game in the last 20 years.

Anyone read 'by opening the case, reading the manual or installing the game you agree to the EULA' ?

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

see that

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65730/

Languages: English*, Czech, French, German, Italian, Spanish

*languages with full audio support

I've no info on languages, but the Japanese market is very specific, so I think Japanese/English selection on a single copy is a good deal. Which version are you looking to get?

Can't help you with the price either, heh-heh.

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

I think only a European retail version has been confirmed at this point - a German publisher AFAIK, should be out in the big-5 Euro languages.

Not sure about Steam A3A one - is it English only? o.O

all laungage must be contain the game. steam allow that. it inconvenience.

and I forgot to write big thing.

(eg: can't buy in japan. almost Sega, Capcom, EA, ... etc. )

Edited by Arkblade

all laungage must be contain the game. steam allow that. it inconvenience.

I see, perhaps the Steam store is going to have this closer to release. Did ArmA II or any of the expansions/DLCs have a Japanese version?

They don't have to be granted because they're written down in this book they'll throw at you if you violate something that's written down in it. You guys must have horrible consumer rights down there, too.

The EULA differs quite a lot from for example the one I accepted with TKOH from Sprocket. Last time I checked BIS doesn't grants themselfs the right to fiddle with my installation and so on and so forth.

If VALVe wanted to send more traffic to EA's Origin, they could do that.

They let WarZ back on and are censoring the hell out of the forum, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Edit: The Steam forum, not Hammerpoints WarZ forum.

Edited by jblackrupert

They let WarZ back on and are censoring the hell out of the forum, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Haven't been following that clownfest -- in whose favour is the censoring being done? :D Heh-heh.

http://lorehound.com/news/the-warz-pulled-from-steam-valve-hammerpoint-apologize

From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

I'd say this is a + to Steam/Valve, since they enforce the basic rules in advertising against fraudulent/scamArtisto titles such as WarZ.

I see, perhaps the Steam store is going to have this closer to release. Did ArmA II or any of the expansions/DLCs have a Japanese version?

A2 Don't have japanese version. so it is irrelevant.

A2 Don't have japanese version. so it is irrelevant.

Well if A2 didn't have a Japanese version, it's likely ArmA III won't have one either. :/

Iceman, you're wasting your time. The people you're arguing with are the types that need to get overrun by a car themselfs first before the actually believe that car accidents with pedestrians can happen.

All this Steam /Gabe Newell cult worship and attacking anyone who expresses concerns or complaints is just a continuation of many other things attacking the rights of game consumers.

The people who complained about companies removing paper manuals games got attacked and demonized the same way....... "Why do you need an manual anyways...."....etc

When people complained about Digital downloads costing the same or more then Disc copies, they got attacked...... called "Cheap"

Some people just love defending corporations and companies when they are slowly but surely eroding our rights and selling us shoddy or overpriced wares.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Haven't been following that clownfest -- in whose favour is the censoring being done? :D Heh-heh.

http://lorehound.com/news/the-warz-pulled-from-steam-valve-hammerpoint-apologize

I'd say this is a + to Steam/Valve, since they enforce the basic rules in advertising against fraudulent/scamArtisto titles such as WarZ.

Nothing has really changed and the "Screenshots" are still fake.

A

The people who complained about companies removing paper manuals games got attacked and demonized the same way....... "Why do you need an manual anyways...."....etc

It's business: cost cutting, if the competition goes ahead with the move, you'll feel the pressure sooner or later on your margins. Yes, this may be a race to the bottom in certain aspects, but c'est la vie.

I take it people want BIS to release ArmA III to 450 people at a loss to themselves. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Nothing has really changed and the "Screenshots" are still fake.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-war-z

Oh dear - Caveat emptor. LOL

Well if A2 didn't have a Japanese version, it's likely ArmA III won't have one either. :/

it only know BI.

problem is when the specific language is limited release.

(eg: X3: albion prelude, it is steamworks and Japanese version of this has been released. but if you play japanese, you must re-buying japanese package and redeem code...

and Although this case was not so, some cases if you already have game, you can't redeem and you must create new steam account!)

Steam? Nah. Thats renting Arma 3, not buying it.
Rent, buy - who cares I'll be having fun. And if you do consider it a rental, it is at a very good rate.

They don't have to be granted because they're written down in this book they'll throw at you if you violate something that's written down in it. You guys must have horrible consumer rights down there, too..

Actually they're pretty good. The down side being we get two EULAs via steam. The Steam version then an Austrailan specific version.

And I hate to say it but I've never read it. I don't forsee having any issues, I've only ever had to return 3 games in 30 years and they were all physical copies. And given most of the steam games I've got so far are bargin binners I havnt seen it worth my time.

Rent, buy - who cares I'll be having fun. And if you do consider it a rental, it is at a very good rate.

yeah because you agree when steam dies, all your game dies.