Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

can anyone explain why my download speed will drop from at least 2 mB/s to 250 kB/s at the end of a download causing the down to take at least 3 times longer then it should

can anyone explain why my download speed will drop from at least 2 mB/s to 250 kB/s at the end of a download causing the down to take at least 3 times longer then it should

Probably because at the end there is only 1 active file left, and it's currently Peak time.

We're monitoring the network and will make adjustments where needed soon.

Not sure where to send that information but it have to be sent somewhere so here it is. If it's the wrong place, please point the right one.

GDT Mod Under-slung Grenade Launcher sights have been updated to rev 1.04: "Update for PMC." and "V1 Signature replaced by V2 Signature (DSUtils 2)".

http://www.gdt-server.net/www/index.php?site=files&file=32

Rev on SixNetwork is 1.03:

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/a828d0bc-5564-11e1-96ed-001517bd964c

By the way, what is the procedure to ask for a mod to be plugged into the Six Network?

Got it, thanks Sickboy.

Hello, I am having trouble with ACE. I installed the files using PwS and everything went okay but I can't use the Goggles, Gas Mask etc. So I have tried to edit my profile name into the .tar file and moved it into the userconfig/ace folder but still no joy. Also one of my interaction keys is not working correctly. My ACE keys are default at the moment. Any help would be great.

Hello, I am having trouble with ACE. I installed the files using PwS and everything went okay but I can't use the Goggles, Gas Mask etc. So I have tried to edit my profile name into the .tar file and moved it into the userconfig/ace folder but still no joy. Also one of my interaction keys is not working correctly. My ACE keys are default at the moment. Any help would be great.

Heya,

for ACE support please check:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Support

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129084-ACE-for-OA-1-13

Relevant userconfig docs:

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Userconfig

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Installation

Hope this helps

I have read through all that but it is still not working. Should there be 2 userconfig folders one in @ace folder and one in/arma2/userconfig folder.

I have read through all that but it is still not working. Should there be 2 userconfig folders one in @ace folder and one in/arma2/userconfig folder.

Sorry, this is outside the scope of SIX Updater and this topic as said, please refer to the linked support pages instead.

Thanks

Hi Sickboy,

We had a discussion before back in July 2011 about how my CoWarMod could work on SU, I'm actually now considering getting COWarMod on SU as I have had

many requests from various fans/users of the mod.

A few questions from my CWM thread i hope you can help me get a clearer picture:

1. whats the difference between SU and PWS? Seems to me they do the same thing except PWS is a better, more optimized version?

2. When i have an update for the mod would i just upload it to CoWarMod and then the whole mod gets updated?

3. How does a user of COWarMod know when there is an update on the program?

4. COWarMod has 2 other versions of itself those being COWarModACE, and COWarModI44, if I were to update those would it be the same thing as in question 2?

5. A good question by a fellow poster on the CWM thread:

I would also like to find the CoWarMods on Six-Updater and later on PlayWithSix, but I see one problem:

CoWarmod can be customized by the user. In other words, the user can delete certain files from the addons-folder. What will happen if the user starts updating CWM through Six?

Six might see that certain pbo's are missing and replace them. Then the user would have to go through his installation of CWM and delete those unwanted pbo's again.

I wonder if SU is "intelligent" enough to check whether a file that's not in the addons folder appears in a folder for unused pbo's. If this is the case Six might understand

that the file doesn't have to be downloaded again.

6. The biggest concern here as stated in the quote about is customization of the mod on the users end, I would liek to maintain the full status of the mod in terms of original download (what i released) and then I want to be able to remove a addon/mod a file basically that if found to conflict in CWM that the full version as i released it would update, as well as the removal of a file somehow be made on the users end if they still have that one file, so im rather not knowing if this is possibly or how this works if it were possible, i mean would SU remove a file on the users end? no right? So if no and i think this is correct, then how would a file if found to be a conflict file i removed be removed on the users end who uses SU?

7. From what i been reading alot of users both use SU and PW6, so I'm wondering if I were to get both, will SU be used/available anymore once PW6 is totally integrated or the only network available?

8. Where do we start to get CWM on SU and PW6?

About all i can think of.

I finally got SU, and am looking at it, in the mod list i see alot of mods, pretty big.

I wanted to ask who put SLX on SU as the version says 2.4? and Author is Solus.

The 2.4 version is actually my updated version, there are a few files in SLX that have been updated and fixed, the mod has

been recompiled and made where it wont crash or freeze on you.

The SLX 2.4 is not the original Solus version as he had left it, and it is not just SLX but COSLX.

So i dont know who put SLX up on SU, but again the 2.4 version is my changed version which is COSLX:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15379

I understand that Play with 6 is to be integrated or mainly used instead of SU eventually, but if I'm going to use and or Support Su,

or Playw6 with my mods, can i at least get some help to clear up some of my questions, i'd rather not go about guessing, and doing

this trial and error, i need to know for sure that it will work to put COWarMod on SU, and Playw6.

How can i make sure that my mods are working with playwithsix? Currently i have JSRS installed but there is also ASEX_SM, which is enabled. Can someone help?

Hi, we're using SU for our server. We have @namalsk (only the island) included in the preset and this week 3 more dependencies appeared in the preset without us changing anything, namely @NC, @DayZ_Namalsk, @DayZ. It's not a DayZ server. Is there any reason for this?

Hi,

Could you please update my Nogovan Armed Forces Project Mod - the latest version can be found here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117030-Nogovan-Armed-Forces-Project&p=2287606&viewfull=1#post2287606

Thanks

Hi,

Of course, NP, it's up: http://play.withsix.com/mods/255-rki_nogovan

May I suggest to use the http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/mod_update_or_addition_requests in the future due to immediate notification?

At least until we make it possible for authors to manage your content directly :)

How can i make sure that my mods are working with playwithsix? Currently i have JSRS installed but there is also ASEX_SM, which is enabled. Can someone help?
Hi,

You can disable mods in the modset browser:

2i7r3hx_thumb.png

See the red marked area. (click img to enlarge)

1. whats the difference between SU and PWS? Seems to me they do the same thing except PWS is a better, more optimized version?

7. From what i been reading alot of users both use SU and PW6, so I'm wondering if I were to get both, will SU be used/available anymore once PW6 is totally integrated or the only network available?

Hi,

PwS Preview is the replacement of SIX Launcher, a thinned down version of SIX Updater, designed to serve some of the major mods like I44, CWR2, DayZ, ACE etc, and public play.

Once Play withSIX can fully replace SIX Updater, we will drop the Preview state.

SU should remain working for the foreseeable future, but is no longer actively developed, and supported only for immediate issues.

All focus is on PwS development, it's starting to shape up to become a better, leaner, easier and better performing SIX Updater :)

2. When i have an update for the mod would i just upload it to CoWarMod and then the whole mod gets updated?
Currently it works on inform basis; if you have uploaded an update, if you inform us about the file location, we will make sure it is updated on our Network, basically like on most of the community hosting sites.

However for the near future we plan to make it possible for authors to manage their own content on our network.

3. How does a user of COWarMod know when there is an update on the program?
If you mean software self-update; It notifies the user and offers him the option to Update and Restart, Close and Update, or Cancel. There is also an alternative Beta update channel available which will download the latest development build for testing.

If you mean update for your mod: It is marked in the modset list as Update Available. And if the modset is currently active, offer Update instead of Play/Join on the main action button.

4. COWarMod has 2 other versions of itself those being COWarModACE, and COWarModI44, if I were to update those would it be the same thing as in question 2?
Yes.
5. A good question by a fellow poster on the CWM thread

The biggest concern here as stated in the quote about is customization of the mod on the users end, I would liek to maintain the full status of the mod in terms of original download (what i released) and then I want to be able to remove a addon/mod a file basically that if found to conflict in CWM that the full version as i released it would update, as well as the removal of a file somehow be made on the users end if they still have that one file, so im rather not knowing if this is possibly or how this works if it were possible, i mean would SU remove a file on the users end? no right? So if no and i think this is correct, then how would a file if found to be a conflict file i removed be removed on the users end who uses SU?

There's currently only very basic functionality available in SIX Updater which allows the user to specify pbo's that should be excluded. In the Mod browser there are Excl and Incl fields, http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+FAQ?view=open#How%20to%20exclude%20a%20file%20from%20processing

For PwS there's no such support in the UI currently, but the user could edit the .rsync\config.yml of the modfolder to manually change the excl/incl fields.

Quite crude :)

However for the near future we're looking at optional submodfolders, which the user can enable/disable, which might be technically preferable over a single "Optional" subfolder and enabling/disabling individual pbo's by moving them between them.

It would for instance improve support for mods like ASR MapGrids, with optional addons for many custom islands.

Would that be acceptable?

8. Where do we start to get CWM on SU and PW6?
If the current customizeability (or lack there of) suffices, just pass me a link and I'll get right onto adding it.

Otherwise you probably want to wait until we have improved customizeability support ready. I estimate 1-2 months.

I finally got SU, and am looking at it, in the mod list i see alot of mods, pretty big.

I wanted to ask who put SLX on SU as the version says 2.4? and Author is Solus.

The 2.4 version is actually my updated version, there are a few files in SLX that have been updated and fixed, the mod has

been recompiled and made where it wont crash or freeze on you.

The SLX 2.4 is not the original Solus version as he had left it, and it is not just SLX but COSLX.

So i dont know who put SLX up on SU, but again the 2.4 version is my changed version which is COSLX:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15379

I think someone presented that version as the replacement to the SLX mod, as SLX mod was no longer developed or supported. Can't say for sure, been a while.

I've added @COSLX as an alias for the modfolder so that it may detect the mod correctly in MP and such.

Renaming the modfolder on the network, currently would cause the users the redownload the mod on next usage, as there's no auto migration between modfolder names available at this time.

It is however a planned feature for PwS.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Hi, we're using SU for our server. We have @namalsk (only the island) included in the preset and this week 3 more dependencies appeared in the preset without us changing anything, namely @NC, @DayZ_Namalsk, @DayZ. It's not a DayZ server. Is there any reason for this?
This is a side-effect of improving PwS compatibility to DayZ Namalsk and DayZ Taviana (The way the mods have been released by the authors causes a name conflict with the actual island modfolders).

It exposes a bug in SU where mod aliases are resolved in the wrong order, causing the extra modfolders to activate unwanted.

As a workaround you can disable these mods on the Mods tab, however we realize this isn't very convenient.

We'll look into how we can best approach this, fixing the issue for SU, while keeping the improved compatibility with said mods.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edited by Sickboy

Sad to hear that, here's to hoping for a quick fix :)

Need some help please with "PLAYWITHSIX preview":

I want to filter out all dayz servers !

It does not work for me, the server list shows ONLY dayz server around more than 4000+

When I adjust filter settings i.e. mod or game and try to have CTI servers on the playwithsix server list.......I GET ZERO RESULTS.

All i see are dayz servers.....

So, Iam not sure if Iam doing it right:

* changing max ping

* clicking on MOD

* selecting game mod i.e. CTI

* refreshing server list

The strange thing is when i select the COOP game mod, the list is not empty but shows again only dayz COOP servers.

Thank you for your help. I was using sixupdater in the years before but had not such troubles. I want to use the updater to get mods needed to join servers, without downloading them manual.

Edited by oxmox

Hi Oxmox,

Go to the Mods browser and select a different mod than DayZ. You can also deselect any mod and therefore retrieve all servers, dayz and non dayz.

If you want to use filters to exclude DayZ servers, try using !dayz in the mod filter.

Hi Sickboy

I was wondering if there's a way to setup a custom preset in SU and then export it in a way that it can be shared with others, so that they can just click on it and it will launch SU with that preset, allowing them to install/update the mods. All of the mods are standard ones that are on the SU network (as far as I can tell anyway). This would be really useful for the server I play on, as we're always having to tell people they need this or that mod and where to download it from, so if we could just export a file like this and post it on our website it would make life a lot simpler :) Unfortunately we're a bit short of techy people able to understand how to setup a Custom SU.

I see the Create Shortcut options but I imagine they only work on my system.

Hi Sickboy

I was wondering if there's a way to setup a custom preset in SU and then export it in a way that it can be shared with others, so that they can just click on it and it will launch SU with that preset, allowing them to install/update the mods. All of the mods are standard ones that are on the SU network (as far as I can tell anyway). This would be really useful for the server I play on, as we're always having to tell people they need this or that mod and where to download it from, so if we could just export a file like this and post it on our website it would make life a lot simpler :) Unfortunately we're a bit short of techy people able to understand how to setup a Custom SU.

I see the Create Shortcut options but I imagine they only work on my system.

Hi Doveman,

Both SU and PwS auto activate mods of the server you're trying to join.

So you only need to direct them to the software and joining your server through there.

To more easily facilitate this you can use the supported url handler sixupdater://server=ip:port http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater#Commandline%20parameters

Also, for more fine grained control you can setup a SU Custom Repo: http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

For PwS we have more up our sleeves in regards to sharing presets and such, but more about that later.

Hope this helps

Hi Sickboy,

Question for you, for both SU and PW6, my question is would it be best to have a full version with all patches applied on the networks,

or is it possible to have the base full version of COWarMod which is v 1.2 and then let the user apply the patches which are versions 1.3, and my recent most latest v 1.4.

My concern here is not so much for the new downloaders of the mod, but for existing users, i mean if they have lets say version 1.3

of the mod that means they would have applied the 1.3 patch, now when i add the v 1.4 patch then obviously their 1.3 would be updated if they apply the update,

what im getting at is if i only have the full version of the mod with 1.3 and 1.4 patches applied, and then i decide to update the mod.

I'm thinking they may have to redownload the whole mod just to get the update, or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?,

Am i correct to say that any update I add, a user's version of the mod be it lets say 1.4, only new files added in terms of a new patch to the network,

those files would only be added, and or update their existing version when they apply the update correct?

Again i may be overthinking, its just to confirm I'm understanding the system correctly.

Yes I also think you're over thinking things here :)

Let's make things simple: PwS/SU updates the local mod folder to match exactly the remote mod folder on our network.

So whatever compilation is hosted on our network, that is what people will update to.

If files were deleted on the network, they will be deleted locally.

If files were added on the network, they will be added locally.

If files were updated on the network, they will be updated locally. This is where it really shines, because these are realtime delta patched, only downloading changed/new pieces.

And so forth.

That's how it works until we allow more flexible handling of optional content etc.

Also the same principle applies in reverse, when I update the content on the network from my local folders,

and would work the same for mod authors once they can manage their own content on our network.

Edited by Sickboy

If files were deleted on the network, they will be deleted locally.

This is whats interesting to me, considering CoWarMod is not like a normal mod where it has lets say like 20 files that if i make an update all configs in the

files would change, rather the mod is but a collection/compilation of many addons/mods /files, so your saying if I found an addon that is causing a bug,

or not making another addon/mod not work, or even crashing the game, if i were to remove that file, then those users

who have the mod, when the network updates, then on their end that file causing the issues would be removed/deleted because its synced to the network,

or is it when they apply the "patch" changes I made?

We've dispatched a hotfix for SIX Updater (yea, reading that right, not Play withSIX :p as the bug isn't relevant there),

which should address the version comparison bug that was causing issues with the min and max build handling of Mods, namely Jaylib and as of recent CBA.