Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Six Updater: Install/Update mods, missions. Delta patching. Server browser, and more!

@Grub: delete all folders of @CBA and just let SU download a fresh version..solved it for me!

Cheers, will give it a go. :)

I have a question too :) I see the 'stmovement' addon by Shacktac seems to be not compatible with A2 stand alone? But the addon was made before OA was released and i was hoping it would work with A2 but SU sais its incompatible.

Another thing that has been puzling me is if its posible to lock a certain SU profile to A2 or CO / OA standalone? Now i only have OA profiles and manually switch my 1 A2 profile i have with the use of the top bar if i join an A2 server maybe this is not the way to do it... But i could not find a manual for version 2 of SU :)

Hey all,

I cant seem to get six-updater to download CBA as I've only just realised we now need to use @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA if we're running combined ops :o

Six is telling me that CBA_A2 and CBA_OA are "incompatible". I have CBA installed already and it shows as PASS status.

Also I don't have an @CBA_A2 or @CBA_OA folder in my A2 folder, as I haven't installed them previously.

Any ideas?

Make sure you are actually running the latest version of SU (2.9.5pre33 or newer), and that you have synced with the SU portal recently (Some peeps seem to turn the autosync off).

Also make sure the correct game edition is either detected, or selected. Esp for Steam check http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+FAQ#Detect%20seperate%20Combined%20Ops%20installation

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Another thing that has been puzling me is if its posible to lock a certain SU profile to A2 or CO / OA standalone? Now i only have OA profiles and manually switch my 1 A2 profile i have with the use of the top bar if i join an A2 server maybe this is not the way to do it... But i could not find a manual for version 2 of SU :)

This works basically the same since the dawn of SU:

You have Presets and Game Profiles, and you can select for each preset which Game Profile should be used. On either Ribbon Preset Tab, or just the Presets tab.

In this case, "Clear" the Game Profile override on the Home RibbonTab to make the one in the current preset active.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

I have a question too I see the 'stmovement' addon by Shacktac seems to be not compatible with A2 stand alone? But the addon was made before OA was released and i was hoping it would work with A2 but SU sais its incompatible.
Thanks for reporting - i've fixed the issue. Edited by Sickboy

Hi all. I was just wondering how to Remove Script Errors? I have the box on GameProfile that says 'ShowScriptErrors' un-ticked but when I take off from a carrier in-game i have a black box with white writing errors in it :(

Well i seem to be getting the "Bad serial number given in setup" error but only when i try to run it out of steam. Running it through steam works fine. But i need to run it through six updater for all of my mods etc.

I also get this error "No entry ' bin\config.bin/Cfgsurfacecharacters.CRGrassWClutter'.

And i also get "Map_EU Requires CAsigns2"

I get all of these only when trying to run my mods in six

Help would be greatly appreciated

Have searched high and low. How do you use SU to install ACE or any other mods to the server directly!?

Thanks for any help.

Have searched high and low. How do you use SU to install ACE or any other mods to the server directly!?

Thanks for any help.

Ideally you can run Six Updater directly on your server, but if that's not possible you could use these built-in options: http://www.six-projects.net/Six_Updater+Documentation#Updating%20your%20server%20with%20SU

I should be able to run it on the server. Do i just put six updater onto my server and run it though a remote desktop?

Thanks for the fast reply.

I should be able to run it on the server. Do i just put six updater onto my server and run it though a remote desktop?

Thanks for the fast reply.

NP. Yes that's possible. If you enable "Server" checkbox within SU, if you launch the game through SU it will launch the Dedicated Server.

You can configure the startup parameters on the Game Profile tab.

Seems they wont allow me to run programs from the server...*Sigh*

So i re-read pretty much everything on that link you gave me. This is what I've done (must be wrong)

Started Six updater.

Created my preset im going to "push" to server

Click "advanced mode"

Goto "preset" tab

click on "upload preset" on the far right,

It then asks me for the remote folder (which is my FTP address?)

and a "Pvtkey"? (left blank)

Clicked on Push preset and....31151252.jpg

Obviously i know i didnt add any kind of password to access the FTP but where do i do this? and is this even the right way?

Thanks for you help :) << newbie

The FTP url should look like:

ftp://username:password@sruclan.game.nfoservers.com/@cba_a2

The FTP url should look like:

ftp://username:password@sruclan.game.nfoservers.com/@cba_a2

Lol wow that was easy. Thank you so much :D

Quick question? Does this upload from my PC ? or from the download links like your downloading straight from SU?

Hey SB - I guess you are aware of the exceptions being generated after the latest auto-update a few minutes ago. Looking at dev-heaven I am guessing you don't need another ticket ;-)

Hey SB - I guess you are aware of the exceptions being generated after the latest auto-update a few minutes ago. Looking at dev-heaven I am guessing you don't need another ticket ;-)
Apologies! Issue resolved, and instructions added for those who where affected: http://www.six-updater.net/2012/05/failed-update-please-read-for-resolve.html

Thanks for the quick fix!

Anytime!

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

Funny detail - I released the update to reduce some of the Exception storms im receiving at times (amongst fixes and exception message improvements), often caused by broken installations, dependencies etc....

Though I think that failed updated there actually caused one of the biggest so far! :P

Decided to change the Mod folder so they don't clutter my A2:OA installation directory. I've existing mods installed in it.

When I change the folder to e.g. "D:\Games\Arma2 Mods\", then all Mods in the presets to not appear green anymore but blue. I understand this is expected, changing the configuration does not move around the files. I move them manually, call "Sync with SU Portal" and they're found again and are green.

However, I'm using the A2:OA Beta and the version number and path/arguments and the very bottom are now red and read:

A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 0.0.0 | D:\Games\Arma2 Mods\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -skipintro "-world=empty" "-mod=D:\Games\Arma2 Mods\expansion\beta;D:\Games\Arma2 Mods\expansion\beta\expansion;D:\Games\Arma2 Mods\@DayZ"

The path "expansions\beta" is still in the D:\Games\Arma2\ folder, where the beta patches get installed. How do I properly fix this?

thanks

Also move the expansion\beta to the mods folder, or simply run Install/Update.

Also move the expansion\beta to the mods folder, or simply run Install/Update.

Thanks, I felt uneasy to do that, because (afaik?) this came from the beta-patches itself; won't this interfere with further patch updates?

No the beta patch is separate patch, not related to official game patches. You can put it anywhere you like.

New Six Updater version released!

Annoyed with trying to join full-servers? Is your finger getting tired already from hitting the ENTER button all the time?

You can now automatically join servers once slots are free!

2m29z4j_thumb.png

(click to enlargfe)

--

First implementation of server queuing system added! https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31336

If you select a preset with a server, and enable the Server Monitor up top.

At the bottom of the server monitor is a checkbox "Auto-Join", and a combobox where you can select minimum required free slots (1-20 currently).

As soon as the required slots are available, SU will execute join on the preset/server.

At this time you need to count on the amount of time the game needs to startup, so don't put the required free slots too low.

Hopefully soon we can improve on that with background loading of the game.

Also queuing on multiple servers, with priority and other filtering requirements is planned for the near future!

Hopefully especially useful to all you DayZ players out there trying to find a spot ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

As soon as the required slots are available, SU will execute join on the preset/server.

Is there any kind of indicator that that this is active, when I'm doing it? Just so I know it is "scanning" or whatever in the background?

I'm just asking, because this feature is currently very very well hidden and will surely only found by people reading exactly this message you posted. And still then you don't see any indication that it's actively doing something in the background.

Btw, thanks for the feature :)

Tired of manually updating your servers? No time to check and restart your server?

A new feature is incoming for Six Updater, specifically aimed at Server admins.

You will be able to monitor for updates to Mods in your preset, and optionally close the running game/server and auto-update to the latest mod versions.

Once updated, optionally it can restart the game/server.

Your server will be updated and back up and running in no time, with zero effort required, enjoying SU's differential updates for reduced bandwidth usage and time!

This works with both, official network mods, as well as custom networks hosted privately.

A basic implementation is ready for deployment coming days: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/31381

More advancements will probably be made coming time... Stay tuned!

Is there any kind of indicator that that this is active, when I'm doing it? Just so I know it is "scanning" or whatever in the background?

I'm just asking, because this feature is currently very very well hidden and will surely only found by people reading exactly this message you posted. And still then you don't see any indication that it's actively doing something in the background.

Btw, thanks for the feature :)

NP and thanks for the helpful insights!

I'll be adding multi-server queue etc coming days so then the feature will be made more apparant/accessible.

Edited by Sickboy

Hello,

i´ve tested every Sync-prog, all working well, but at least i´ve chosen your Six-Up, because it is very stable, very simple in use

and always up to date.

Another big point is that you provide the opportunity to follow the progress of the Six-Up on your homepage and every news is available at once.

Thank you very much for the great work and keep it up!

Best regards

McLupo