Sign in to follow this  
pwnage_51

Bin Laden Is Dead

I couldn't be happier! Burn in hell you bastard!

Obama is going to hold a speech about it soon. CNN and.. well.. most major international news agencies have the news.

This far little (near none at all) information about it is released though, so we'll have to wait for said speech.

A dead Osama wont change anything at this point, it might have 10 years before, but now it doesnt matter anymore. The Djihad will go on like in the the four decades. Or did the execution of Saddam change anything? Osama was not like Hitler, hes not the one Symbol for the war...well he is...but only to the west. This is just another "Emmanuel Goldstein" because the war has to go on. We were always at war with East Asia.

Edited by Beagle

@Beagle:

He was the titular head then and was the titular head as of last week. As of this week al-Qaeda does not have a titular head...and that does change things.

Edited by NoQuarter
Direction

I don't know, I still don't trust democrats on national security...

Maybe if Obama does some pelvic thrusting during the press conference it will help, but only a frat boy like George W can really pull that off.

@Beagle:

He was the titular head then and was the titular head as of last week. As of this week al-Qaeda does not have a titular head...and that does change things.

I realy not sure, simply becaus ei don't think that the islamic terrorism is that centralized and I don't think he really played any important role in the last years anymore...simply because of too much pressure.

He waS just a Symbol and I think more to us than to the activist involved the area... and some will simply call him a martyr now so he can still serve as symbol...that man that fooled the NATO for 10 Years out of a cave. What do you exspect...war is over now all can go home? as far as I know tha mission was not to kill Osama but to stabilize A-stan.

It's about time!

Thanks CIA and the "specialized team of Americans" that took em out!

Co-op mission hitting Armaholic in 5... 4...

from a strategic point of view this is probably insignificant

Al-Queda is a highly decentralized and (depending on the branch/region of operations) organized group. if UBL is taken down the next LT on the chain of command picks up the slack, if UBL even had any significant direct command and control to begin with after we broke them up

as far as symbolic victory, got nuts :)

just imagine the bragging rights to the trigger-man! imagine how insufferable that guy will be for the rest of his life! HA!

LOL at Maturins comment :p so true

What do you exspect...war is over now all can go home? as far as I know tha mission was not to kill Osama but to stabilize A-stan.
As I recall we are in Afganistan because the Taliban refused to hand over UBL ...and then there is that not-so-insignificant little matter of the Powell Doctrine to abide by.

As I recall we are in Afganistan because the Taliban refused to hand over UBL ...and then there is that not-so-insignificant little matter of the Powell Doctrine to abide by.

Actually if I remember right the Taliban did offer to hand over bin Laden, but we demanded that the Taliban go as well, that they dissolve and leave, etc. That didn't happen, so they didn't hand over bin Laden and we went in.

I am just waiting for the glut of ArmA2 missions recreating this attack...