Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

task force blackjack is a fun server with good teamwork. Also fun when the 15th meu get on to play.

Actually, bayonet lugs were not particularly common on M1 carbines that were actually in use during WWII.

They began adding bayonet lugs DURING the war. Carbines with the added bayonet lugs had not made it into circulation in any great number before the war was over.

In KOREA, bayonet lugs were common... But in WWII, carbines WITHOUT bayonet lugs were more common.

It'd still be a nice addition, I dunno about you but cold steel just can't be beaten.

I saw this flame dood running up the beach in the 'I44 Landing' mission, but when I went into the editor to run Flamethrower tests, I couldn't find one.

Where did he get his from?

aa-flam.jpg

I found it.

There are two type of flame throwers:

"I44_FMW35" with the ammos "I44_fmw35_tank"

and

"I44_m2_2" with "I44_m2_2_tank".

Those weapons are a bit bugged, but i found those funny!

The flamethrower's still very much a WIP (I don't think its really been touched since the conversion from ArmA 1) we decided to keep it hidden from unit selection now to avoid bug reports/complaints on it etc as so often happens when we do include the WIP stuff. Feel free to use 'em, just don't expect them to be much use or look too pretty just yet!

Nice Job guys,

i see there is still some work to do with the models.

i dont know if its pointed out and i dont want to read 380 post to find out.. but here is a few issues i noticed.

tracks on some vehicles are not animated correctly.

some problems with interiore on some vehicles. steeringwheel has weird textures.

shadow problem on a few ACar's at wheel area.

problems with wep is that it can be activated rapitly. makeing your plane go 200-600 in 5 sec- "if your fast on the finger :p"

but all in all. this is a fun mod.

i gotta say this is the mod i had most fun with so far. but i like the ww2 periode.

keep up the good work.

but that B-17 just kept overflying this Tiger and refused to drop its eggs on it (sniffle)

THe B-17 was part of the Few mod, we've only fixed it so that it works in MP correctly, its bombs work differently in that they aren't quite standard weapons so probably won't engage targets without some scripting.

i dont know if its pointed out and i dont want to read 380 post to find out.. but here is a few issues i noticed.

This is why we have a Dev-Heaven page for bug reports so both we and you don't have to trawl through message boards to find issues. The link for that is on the first page and several messages since, its also in the readme.

problems with wep is that it can be activated rapitly. makeing your plane go 200-600 in 5 sec

Again the planes with WEP are from the Few we've not altered the scripts other than to make them function in MP correctly (or at least better than they did) we may see about fixing this at some point in the future though.

Just a note when you are describing problems (for your dev-heaven issues) saying 'some' really does not help, we need to know the exact unit you're having issues with, thanks!

Now I'm gonna go watch that ANZAC Day video ;) > Watched it, great stuff guys looks like you had fun which we love to see! I'll be sure to bug SFG to add it to our youtube channel!

Edited by PacUK

So with the planes from the FEW, are you going to update them? or can you at all?

I have got a question/suggestion, it might be very hard to do it.

so I've noticed when I'm on a chute, I've got grenades on my chest. could you guys make them dissapear if I don't have got any grenades in my gear? or is that tto hard/impossible? would be a nice detail :)

Too hard/ impossible. It would require a script to constantly update the location of the grenade on your body, then send that information through the network to be updated for every client on the server. That's per grenade, per person, it adds up. If you have 30 people on a server and each of them has 2 to 4 grenades, that's 60 to 120 grenades that need constant updating. (This is only based on what I read in the OA Desert Mercs thread about pistols going into holsters. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

But I agree, it would be a nice detail and increase immersion, but I just don't know if it's feasible.

Also, the BIS grenadier has 40mm grenades everywhere on his model.

So with the planes from the FEW, are you going to update them? or can you at all?

I'm wondering this as well. It'd be good to have the B-17 working more like conventional bombing planes in the game :)

Is anyone else having an issue where gunners won't engage if you're physically in the vehicle? IE: I'm driving or gunning in an M3 halftrack, and the rear gunner will never engage unless I physically dismount. Most of the time the main gunner will engage in any tank or vehicle, but never the secondary turrets, IE rear guns, hull guns, commanders, etc.

Too hard/ impossible. It would require a script to constantly update the location of the grenade on your body, then send that information through the network to be updated for every client on the server. That's per grenade, per person, it adds up. If you have 30 people on a server and each of them has 2 to 4 grenades, that's 60 to 120 grenades that need constant updating. (This is only based on what I read in the OA Desert Mercs thread about pistols going into holsters. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

nah gues you're right. (sort of expected an answer like this :))

Great mod!! really enjoy it! A played a few scrims on the forgottenhonor pvp campaign.

Few things would be great to get fixed.

*Suspensions on all vehicles

*Crosshair fixes on all the planes

And can you guys make that flying c47 a bit more destructable that thing has to take so many hits before it goes down no matter where you shoot, when chasing it down.. same for the p51d

Too hard/ impossible. It would require a script to constantly update the location of the grenade on your body, then send that information through the network to be updated for every client on the server. That's per grenade, per person, it adds up. If you have 30 people on a server and each of them has 2 to 4 grenades, that's 60 to 120 grenades that need constant updating. (This is only based on what I read in the OA Desert Mercs thread about pistols going into holsters. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

No, as grenades are part of the 3d model, that's very simple, just a few sections of the model defined in hiddenselections and a little script attached to the fired eventhandler that hides or shows the grenades on the body. Not much hurt on the performance, but i don't know how it will be displayed in MP as i'm not familiar to MP scripting.

And can you guys make that flying c47 a bit more destructable that thing has to take so many hits before it goes down no matter where you shoot, when chasing it down.. same for the p51d

Actually, I think it's that way for almost all of the air vehicles. They all take an enormous amount of rounds to take them down.

That's how it is for ALL vehicles. Hit a Tiger with a javelin/Hellfire/Maverick or two, then some SMAW, get in and drive off like nothing happened. Also, Panzershreck to an M1 blows it up instantly.

That's how it is for ALL vehicles. Hit a Tiger with a javelin/Hellfire/Maverick or two, then some SMAW, get in and drive off like nothing happened. Also, Panzershreck to an M1 blows it up instantly.

Because they aren't balanced for Arma 2/OA content.

Hit that same Tiger with a Panzerfaust 60 and compare it with a Bazooka. Different balancing and it works just fine.

Hit that same Tiger with a Panzerfaust 60 and compare it with a Bazooka. Different balancing and it works just fine.

Yea didn't really noticed any thing like that on vehicles. But planes.... the spitfire and the hurricane seem to be fine you can even shoot the wings of in mid air. But try that on the german planes or p51d and c47 doesn't seem to work. Takes all your ammo to get the them smoking wonder how much it would need to actually take it down?

I know they're balanced differently, but what if I want to send a company of marines back in time with a complement of 3 M1s? They get wiped out by a platoon of WW2 era Germans and a Tiger... :butbut:

Bah firefox just decided to eat the rather lengthy response I made to the recent questions just as I head off to bed, will do my best to re-reply tommorow guys!