batis4

Binmod Release Thread

Ah, well it's not even so much as prompting me and when I 'x' out I get, "Cannot decrypt metadata without key." Strange?

Downloaded in Ubuntu, didn't have any of the problems described here, no pop-ups or prompts. I'm uploading a mirror for OFPr.info now. It's going to take more than three hours though ...

I think I know why the Mega.co.nz link wasn't working for me. I think my current browser is messing up for everything, even OFPr.info mirrors. It's being selective, so I'm going to switch browsers for awhile. That OFPr.info link decided to work for me in, of all browsers, Internet Explorer (eww). In any case, thanks JdB and Zulu!. :)

Binmod 0.99 is currently downloading finally. I guess some browsers get picky after awhile. Hasn't done this until yesterday.

Thanks guys, I updated the OP + added the links for you to download.

Oh, and if anyone is curious about the CWE, just ask! I'll try to respond with more haste.

Edited by batis4

I said before that there would be no more updates to this mod, but here is a quick patch that should prevent the mod from crashing all the time.

https://mega.co.nz/#!hIckRBpZ!bqSZrsBC4AZn9ZPPJrPXswkgXbSUlk0YAibEJpX-7eA

Copy and replace it over the Binmod 0.99 mod folder. This patch also updates some of the animations with ones made for Cold War Enhanced.

Hey brother. Can i put other addons (ex:aircraft addons) in this mod? Thanks for answering it:)

Edited by fuadmuhrays
Bad signal

Hey brother. Can i put other addons (ex:aircraft addons) in this mod? Thanks for answering it:)

Yeah, sure thing.

Oh yeah, also, importing other addons may not work correctly, most definitely will not work correctly, especially if the desired import addon uses its own scripts, as it probably will conflict with Binmod's scripts.

Edited by batis4
clarifications

A little off-topic but could you tell me how you disabled the ammo counter? I would like to have a similar ammo counter myself, that is without the information about the amount of ammo and magazines. Nice mod btw, very realistic. But I would suggest disabling the possibility to switch positions in vehicles and disable the ammo info and secondary view, for greater realism. :p

A little off-topic but could you tell me how you disabled the ammo counter? I would like to have a similar ammo counter myself, that is without the information about the amount of ammo and magazines. Nice mod btw, very realistic. But I would suggest disabling the possibility to switch positions in vehicles and disable the ammo info and secondary view, for greater realism. :p

In the mod's "bin" folder, open file "Resource.cpp". After that, navigate to class RscUnitInfoSoldier > class ammo. Change all x, y, w values to zero (0).

Click the spoiler tag for help to understand the outline for which to change.

class RscUnitInfoSoldier
{
idd = IDD_UNITINFO;
movingEnable = false;
controls=
{
Background,
Weapon,
Ammo
};
class Background
{
type = CT_STATIC;
idc = IDC_IGUI_BG;
style = ST_HUD_BACKGROUND;
x = 0.02;
y = 0.02;
w = 0.20;
h = 0.04; //h = 0.23; 
text = "";
colorBackground = {0, 0, 0, 0};
colorText = {0, 0, 0, 0};
font = FontS;
sizeEx = 0;
};
class Time : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_TIME;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.025;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
class Date : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_DATE;
style = ST_RIGHT + ST_SHADOW;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.025;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
class Name : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_NAME;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.055;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
class Unit : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_UNIT;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.075;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
/*
class TextExp : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_TEXT_EXP;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.105;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_UI_EBAR;
};
class ValueExp : RscIGProgress
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_VALUE_EXP;
x = 0.115;
y = 0.106;
w = 0.100;
};
class Formation : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_FORMATION;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.135;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
class CombatMode : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_COMBAT_MODE;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.155;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
class TextHealth : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_TEXT_HEALTH;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.04; //y = 0.185;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_UI_HBAR;
};
class ValueHealth : RscIGProgress
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_VALUE_HEALTH;
x = 0.115;
y = 0.041; // y = 0.186;
w = 0.100;
};
*/
class Weapon : RscIGText
{

idc = IDC_IGUI_WEAPON;
x = 0.025;
y = 0.033; // y = 0.225;
w = 0.190;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
class Ammo : RscIGText
{
idc = IDC_IGUI_AMMO;
style = ST_RIGHT + ST_SHADOW;
x = 0;
y = 0; // y = 0.225;
w = 0;
text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;
};
};

We aren't developing the mod anymore, so we aren't going to implement anything to it anymore.

Ammo or gun info IMO in OFP is a must as it helps you to know which ammo type or weapon you are using. The space bar selection is kinda wonky.

The vehicle position change indoors is a pretty good idea, although unpractical in gameplay terms. You would have to see about it yourself, feel free to do so.

You can always disable 3rd person view from the game's settings. Alas, you can exploit it to see over & around things and whatnot, but when not exploiting it, it can really add a good dimension to gameplay as it helps to create bodily awareness when used correctly.

Good luck if you plan to take an insight into modding!

I got all the files necessary to install 0.99 but even after extracting and replacing files into my Cold War Assault directory, Binmod still does not work. Can someone enlighten me on this? I feel like I'm missing something. Thank you!

Edited by Rellikki
Unnecessarily sized text

I got all the files necessary to install 0.99 but even after extracting and replacing files into my Cold War Assault directory, Binmod still does not work. Can someone enlighten me on this? I feel like I'm missing something. Thank you!

There shouldn't be any replacing of any files. The mod should show as a folder "Binmod" in your main Cold War Assault folder.

Have you made a proper shortcut of the game? Create a shortcut of the fwatch.exe on your desktop, right-click on the shortcut, select Properties and in the end of the target line add: "-mod=Binmod -nomap" without the quotation marks.

Edited by batis4
corrected coldwarassault.exe to fwatch.exe, my bad

There shouldn't be any replacing of any files. The mod should show as a folder "Binmod" in your main Cold War Assault folder.

Have you made a proper shortcut of the game? Create a shortcut of the coldwarassault.exe on your desktop, right-click on the shortcut, select Properties and in the end of the target line add: "-mod=Binmod -nomap" without the quotation marks.

Ah, I did not create the shortcut, but thank you for the help! Appreciate it very much, awesome mod!

Hi, it's me again... :)

I now installed your mod on 1.99 version with patch and I don't get some weapon sounds. I had this issue before but I thought because there was some incompatibility with 1.96 version where I had it installed previously. Is there a sollution? Also, could you tell me how exactly did you disable the "zoom" feature?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, it's me again... :)

I now installed your mod on 1.99 version with patch and I don't get some weapon sounds. I had this issue before but I thought because there was some incompatibility with 1.96 version where I had it installed previously. Is there a sollution? Also, could you tell me how exactly did you disable the "zoom" feature?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, and sorry for taking so long to answer, haven't visited this forum for a while.

I'm not sure why the weapon sounds are not working for you. I don't remember there being any issues with them. Only reason I can come up with is that the mod folder is something else than "binmod", but that should cause more issues than missing sounds only.

What do you specifically mean with the "zoom" feature? Player is able to zoom in just like before to be able to aim with the 3D-sights. I assume that you mean something else?

Hi, and sorry for taking so long to answer, haven't visited this forum for a while.

I'm not sure why the weapon sounds are not working for you. I don't remember there being any issues with them. Only reason I can come up with is that the mod folder is something else than "binmod", but that should cause more issues than missing sounds only.

What do you specifically mean with the "zoom" feature? Player is able to zoom in just like before to be able to aim with the 3D-sights. I assume that you mean something else?

I've read it might be connected to the 'JAM sounds' file and supposed to fix it with the latest or fixed JAM addon but I believe I have the latest JAM version included. Thanks for the tip.

With 'zoom' I ment the zooming of the player view, i.e. what settings to disable to disable that feature. It's something I'd like to disable in some other things I'm messing with. :)

I've read it might be connected to the 'JAM sounds' file and supposed to fix it with the latest or fixed JAM addon but I believe I have the latest JAM version included. Thanks for the tip.

With 'zoom' I ment the zooming of the player view, i.e. what settings to disable to disable that feature. It's something I'd like to disable in some other things I'm messing with. :)

Here is the code that determines the player view of a unit or vehicle:

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase
	{
		initAngleX=8; minAngleX=-50; maxAngleX=+55;
		initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-90; maxAngleY=+90;
		initFov=0.8;
		minFov=0.4;
		maxFov=1;
	};

Fov is the field of view. The smaller the fov the more "zoomed in" player's view is. When minFov and maxFov are equal to initFov, zooming in or out is not possible. Here is an example:

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase
	{
		initAngleX=8; minAngleX=-50; maxAngleX=+55;
		initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-90; maxAngleY=+90;
		initFov=0.8;
		minFov=0.8;
		maxFov=0.8;
	};

What is this mod about? what it does have or change?

It's a realism focused mod and a bit similar to FFUR mod but has some unique features such as reloading during movement, magazine ammo checking, better radio sounds, less HUD info, 3D sights and so on. Personally, I find it better than WGL mod due to feeling less 'stiff' and a nice alternative to FFUR mod. But if you want fully functional 3D sights in OFP/CWA (not for all weapons though), I suggest taking a look at Dan's Guerrilla Pack which also comes with many nice missions (both, SP and MP).

Is there a way to make crosshair enabled in it ?

Can someone send a link to the fix for the mod, I just found this and it seems interesting.

Thanks in advance!