Sign in to follow this  
Gnome_AS

[AS] Editor Updates

[AS] Editor Updates

Current project goal is a set of EU's for A2/OA/CO. All 3 available in 2 formats, Lite or Full. The project as a whole is currently about 98% done, and is expected to be completed sometime in the future. In the meanwhile I'm releasing the OA betas. Should you happen across anything that doesn't work right, or find something missing, please let me know.

Regardless of timing on future releases, current beta's are fully functional and will be compatible with future releases. All files are signed for MP usage.

Notable information:

-Lite Versions: Are intended for mission makers. They contain only pre-defined config references, thus the mission maker does not need to worry about requiring people to have the EU to play their missions.

(Lite versions are currently under review, seems some objects are adding a requirement for the mod on the mission side.)

-Full Versions:

Full versions are just that, they've got it all. Including new icons, numerous manually defined objects such as roads, plants, lights and etc. The Full version requires all parties to have the mod to function properly. (servers & clients)

In both versions I have taken the time to add some additional information to the displayNames of the objects. Most notably accessable buildings. Which currently follow the below naming convention:

XXL_4F_RA_61BP - WIP

Breakdown:

XXL - General size of the building footprint. (XS-XXL currently)

4F - Number of floors. (1st floor is ground level)

RA - Indicates whether or not there is roof access. (no RA = no roof access)

61BP - Number of available positions within/around the building. (not saying they all work, but they are there)

WIP - Building/Object Name. (Left most of BIS's default names, upgraded some for clarity/detail)

Additional Thingies:

-Damaged & Ruins models included.

-Destruction effects for objects that required such (Full versions only)

-New Clutter Cutters are included. (invisible roadways: from 1m² round -> 25x75m rectangular pieces ;)) (Full versions only)

Currently objects are sorted/organized within the following vehicleClasses:

[AS] Commercial - Commercial buildings

[AS] Industrial - Industrial buildings, equipment, pipes, tanks etc.

[AS] Interioir - All the little things you find inside buildings.

[AS] Lights - Lights, Streetlamps, etc. (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Military - Military buildings, fortifications, targets etc.

[AS] Misc - Lot's of misc. things. Imagine that.

[AS] Plants - Bushes, Clutter, Trees and things. (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Residential - Residential houses, apartments and the like.

[AS] Roads - All roadway, path, airport surfaces. (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Rocks - Rocks, boulders, ground clutter. (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Sidewalks - Sidewalks (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Signs - Didn't realize there were so many signs... (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Walls - Exterior walls and the like. (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Wrecks - All the vehicle wreck models. (Full Versions Only)

[AS] Mosque Set - Contains all the pieces of the large mosque. (OA only)

Clutter cutters can be found in the [AS] Plants vehicleClass.

OA/CHANGELOGS

================

*Full*

v1.1b | 19FEB - Second beta, config structure updated by Robalo_AS

Fixed road.paa error, added (1) object

Added information.txt

And key folder, with key to archive

v1.0b | 12DEC10 - Beta release

v1.0a | 16NOV10 - Alpha release

v0.91b | 27OCT10 - Fixed a slightly major oversight :rolleyes:

v0.9b | 27OCT10 - Initial beta release

*Lite*

oops | 19FEB11 - Lite version removed for review.

v1.0b | 12DEC10 - Beta release

v0.91b | 27OCT10 - Initial beta release

INSTALLATION

================

1. Extract the .7z file and place the @ASG folder in your <arma installation root>

2. Add @ASG to your modstring or select it in your launcher or whatever you do.

More info...

NOTES

================

Many thanks to BIS for creating and producing a great MilSim/Sandbox for us to play in! A big thank you to the many members of this community who have invested their time in creating missions & mods. Without your previous work and sharing of knowledge ... you wouldn't be reading this. Robalo for his excellent config rework and direction.

Props to: Lester (Mapfact.net), Jon-C5

Thanks for the inspiration, and indirect education!

TODO

================

- Find any errors...

- Put some effort into the icons...

- Finish renaming a couple hundred A2 objects to english...

- Update A2/CO config structures...

FILES (.7z)

================

Current: (what you should be using)

[AS] OA Editor Update - Full - v1.1b

Lite version is currently under review to address core functionality issues.

---------------------

More to follow ... hopefully sooner than later. Although likely later :p

Edited by Gnome_AS
Updated OA Full to v1.1b

Updated: Fixed conflicting addon issue.

Thanks Robalo and Firefly! (dunno how I missed that :o) Working fine with no errors now.

:yay:

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Added: OA Lite version

Excellent, updates I have always wanted, thanks for this. This will cut down on a lot of unnecessary mission previews while working on my campaign.

Excellent, updates I have always wanted, thanks for this. This will cut down on a lot of unnecessary mission previews while working on my campaign.

My pleasure, glad you find it useful.

Busy, busy the last couple weeks with work/life things. Should be able to finish this up over the weekend though. It's on the list for sure :)

Alpha Release: OA Editor Update - Full - v1.0a

Will release the Lite version shortly. Bar any errors or someone informing me of things missing, I'll release a final over the weekend for OA. A2/CO not far behind, might even get them out this weekend also.

Still trying to evade work here ... unsuccessfully as of recent.

Hope to finish this up during the week though, found an issue with addon requirements in the Lite versions, but believe to have that fixed now. (thanks SNKMAN ;))

Will update OA Lite and release A2/CO alphas in the next couple of days.

Updated OA release to beta.

Finally sorted out the clutter cutter stuff. I made new ones, planning to make more. Feedback on the sizes wanted/needed would be helpful. Thats about it for now, A2/CO releases are pretty much done also ... just need to rename a lot of things to english equivalents. Hopefully this weekend, we'll see.

Somebody let me know if I jacked the keys up ... seemed straight forward.

Edited by Gnome_AS

can u please add all laom walls. there's only the short part and the one with the gate. the long one and the corner are missing.

Loam walls eh... yep I'll look into it. I vaguely recall having issues with some of those models. Also looking into the server key issue. Excuse my noobness with that.

Thanks for the info guys

Oh hell.. sorry guys. I deleted the server key, thats why it's "not working"... sigh, fixed. (long week)

Edited by Gnome_AS

Minor update. Not worth global announcement, but available for those that care ;)

- Missing loam wall pieces (thanks Bad Benton, works better with correct paths :))

- Fixed a few .rpt errors that slipped by me.

- Added the server key to addon.

Current Update: AS_EU_OA_Full_v1_01b

Howdy Gnome,

If I were using this addon for editing stuff, but then decided to start gaming (say, to test said mission), would it affect behaviour? It seems to pick up on house objects easier? Could that modify how the AI percieves my orders? For example, instead of moving into a gap between houses, they think I am talking about a house, and run to it (albeit on the opposite side to where I wanted).

Otherwise it's just my crappy commanding skills ^^

- HateDread.

Sorry for the really delayed reply here... forgot about this thread for a minute. (all pro i know).

Regarding the addon effecting the AI, I think thats highly unlikely. Although, I'm not really up-to-speed on how the map click interactions function ... which is the only place I could imagine there perhaps being a "special issue". Again though, initial thought is it's unlikely.

---

Regarding the status of this project, it's very much in the works. I decided to make things a little more robust and bring back some familiar objects. So I've been modeling/texturing some simple things, about 75% done. (wall pieces, barriers, ramps, stairs, planks, logs and things)

Robalo actually sorted the configs for me over the holidays, so I'll try to get a revision up here over the next couple of days. His improvements I'll have to transfer over in the A2/CO releases also, so likely to be a couple weeks more on those as work is somewhat hectic atm. Hopefully have a full release with objects and all around the end of the month. (life permitting)

Hello, just FYI, when using the Full OA version i had a error message about road icon. It seems the road/config.bin calls for a road.paa file and in the pbo under the icons folder the file was named roads.paa so it couldn't load it.

Renaming it to road.paa worked to fix the problem.

Doesn't seem very important, but i was using the RTE addon and that error message corrupted my save files when i had roads on my map.

Thanks for the heads up SuperDeluxe, I'll post an update tomorrow. (been needing to do so for a while actually) So that'll fix your issue along with a massive tweak to the config structure to address some other slighty major issues.

Still working on the A2 version? Also, is this just all the stuff that was hidden in OA? Or is it that + custom objects?