killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

cbalegoblocks42250x250.png

Current version: 1.0.1pre2 (build 196)

This release is intended for users of all three variations of Arma 2 - the original ArmA 2, ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead and ArmA 2: Combined Operations.

Now comes in only one mod folder, @CBA_CO. You no longer need to load up to three different mod folders.

Just load @CBA_CO

Key Changes

• 1.0.1 requires ArmA II 1.62 beta build 100697 or later. (Get the latest ArmA II betas from here)
  • This means that on Linux dedicated servers, you must copy the addons and dta beta game data folders from Expansion/beta/Expansion on your Windows computer into expansion/beta/expansion on the Linux server and edit the start script (arma2oaserver) to look something like this:
    OTHERPARAMS='-cpucount=2 -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -mod=@cba_co;@other;@mods;@go;@here'

Documentation

Full documentation is available at DevHeaven

The issue changelog is available here

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

See here (Download page)

Important:

If you play with the current, official, non-beta ArmA II OA/CO 1.62 patch, you must use the previous 1.0.0 version:

This version still needs you to load at least two and possibly three mod folders:

• ArmA II:
    -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

• ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead
    -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

• ArmA II: Combined Operations
    -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

Edited by Killswitch
1.0.1pre2
  • Like 2

FIXED: High Command missions would give the HC commander control of units outside his assigned command hiearchy.

So this was causing that. I couldn't figure out which mod was doing it, if any at all. I kinda thought it was a problem that popped up with the release of OA.

I found a work around but it's nice to know I can change it.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Just removed the workaround(an extra Subordinate Module sync'd only to an existing Sub Module) and everything worked!

Thanks Killswitch! :yay:

Edited by Manzilla

Maybe this was why every time I play OA combined with Ace online I got a timeout then eventually crash to desktop, will check it out thanks.

Maybe this was why every time I play OA combined with Ace online I got a timeout then eventually crash to desktop, will check it out thanks.

If your timeout problems happen when you access an ammobox (gear dialog) then it is related to a bug in OA 1.52. It's fixed in the OA beta patches.

Xeno

CA_Modules_Alice2? Missing? I'm getting an error msg with the new version about EEH requiring this.

Thanks.

are you running combined operations or just oa

I have CO, but only launching A2 from a launcher. I had the previous version of CBA and all was working well. I dl the latest and placed only the @cba (letting it over-write) from the archive and now get the error msg I mentioned.

Hey guys!

I'm getting an error when playing my self created little test missions. I will see if its also on SP / MP games.

"CBA seems to be installed, something seems to be wrong with XEH ... Contact authors" Something like that.

??

Hey guys!

I'm getting an error when playing my self created little test missions. I will see if its also on SP / MP games.

"CBA seems to be installed, something seems to be wrong with XEH ... Contact authors" Something like that.

It's this error message, right?

ERROR: You have loaded CBA, but something went wrong with XEH; Please report to authors!

That's an an error message generated by an addon in the @CBA_OA mod folder (used along with @CBA by users of a standalone Arrowhead installation).

Can you tell us exactly what addons and mods you're using when this error appears?

Edited by Killswitch

Correct. I have Combined OPS installed all in one folder (standalone, no STEAM), I am running arma2 standalone from inside the same folder though to play with my arma2 buddies.

Why would the AO folder give me an error although its not even loaded in the shortcut...

I use.. Wow, A LOT...

But the most recent ones are ->

ACE, ACEX, ACRE, @JayArma2Lib, Zeus AI ACE, glt_opa_kill_double.

Thats basically all the new stuff. The rest is sound&units but they always worked fine.

Correct. I have Combined OPS installed all in one folder (standalone, no STEAM), I am running arma2 standalone from inside the same folder though to play with my arma2 buddies.

Why would the AO folder give me an error although its not even loaded in the shortcut...

It shouldn't (and couldn't), unless it is somehow loaded anyway. Check the the in-game "Expansions" menu - if @CBA_OA or @CBA_A2 was enabled in there, perhaps that's why it's being loaded processed. So double-check that no mods are enabled in the in-game "Expansions" menu. OTOH, if one uses -mod=... the choices made in the Expansions menu are disabled/ignored anyways, so that's not likely the reason.

(The error message you saw may also be printed if you have the ArmA II compatibility folder loaded, @CBA_A2.)

The error message is part of a sanity check built into @CBA_OA and @CBA_A2 and is meant to print a warning message to people when/if they load only @CBA_OA or only @CBA_A2 - both of these expect @CBA to be loaded aswell. In your case though, the specific error message you saw indicate that something odd has happened and that the Extended Eventhandlers system (which lives in the @CBA mod folder) hasn't been loaded properly.

I use.. Wow, A LOT...

But the most recent ones are ->

ACE, ACEX, ACRE, @JayArma2Lib, Zeus AI ACE, glt_opa_kill_double.

Thats basically all the new stuff. The rest is sound&units but they always worked fine.

Ok. Now, does this error message show when you're running Combined Ops or when you're running the older ArmA II executable? (When you run ArmA II, you need to load both the @CBA and @CBA_A2 mod folders) In either case, try isolating the problem to a case when you're using as few mod folders as possible. Once you have this minimal set of mod folders that still exhibit the problem (and the order in which they are listed in the -mod=... startup parameter), tell us. I'll try to recreate the problem here. Edited by Killswitch

Hey,i've tried snooping about but cannot find any info on the matter? (prob staring at me somewhere) :rolleyes:

But is this needed on a dedi server?

Thanks

ck

In reference to this posting

Big Dawg KS - no, CBA doesn't have that kind of functionality.
Can it?
Maybe - I don't actually know. Submit a feature request in the CBA issue tracker so it can be further discussed - maybe there is a way to do something to do what you need.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

But is this needed on a dedi server?

No, it shouldn't be needed unless you have other addons on the server that require it.

It shouldn't (and couldn't), unless it is somehow loaded anyway.

Indeed.

Solved.

I downloaded some UK units for a campaign and put them into my "@units" folder, apparently I will split units into @A2units and @AOunits, because loading the UK units which were made for AO screwed up my game.

Make sure you never load anything with your game that is not made for it, double check and use organized mod folders, I learned that.

Solved. :)

I get the same error messages (XEH), and I'm not the only one. EVERYONE I have talked to has gotten that message when running vanilla A2 with the 060 version of CBA and their init line set up -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2.

If you run without the @CBA_A2, then you get a message you need it; if you run with it, you still get the XEH issue. Somewhere, something is not correctly referencing the cba xeh in the main cba folder.

I have experienced no issues running A2 and OA together; the regular @CBA works fine for that, and I do not appear to have any issues when running OA stand alone.

I'd take a good, close look at the CBA_A2 config file or possibly the versioning.

Is there any option to remove the black screen credits interstitials that pop up constantly?

I really appreciate all the work that's gone into this, and full credit is certainly due to the coders, but when working in the editor, and even when running missions, having this screen popup every time I try to do pretty much anything is getting quite infuriating.

Is there any option to remove the black screen credits interstitials that pop up constantly?

I really appreciate all the work that's gone into this, and full credit is certainly due to the coders, but when working in the editor, and even when running missions, having this screen popup every time I try to do pretty much anything is getting quite infuriating.

Think this has been mentioned before that?- theres nothing they can do about it?

Part of the game as such!

I currently only have Arma 2 installed and so I have @cba and @cba_a2 ticked. With no other mods loaded during the 'boot camp' parachute training, my chute auto opens upon exiting the aircraft and is no longer steerable. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks

Everytime I tick it, it automatically unticks!(for OA)

Think this has been mentioned before that?- theres nothing they can do about it?

Part of the game as such!

It's not part of the game, it's part of the mod. I can see splashing that when you first open the game but it's splashing it, and interrupting me, every time I exit the editor and most of the time when I preview a mission is just rude.

As someone that works with the editor extensively this is painfully annoying for me. Here's a

four interruptions in one minute... That's just excessive.