0 = [getpos this,300] spawn {
sleep 1;
{
	private "_b"; 
	_b = _x;
	for "_i" from 0 to 7 do {
		_b animate ["dvere" + str _i,1]
	};
} foreach ((_this select 0) nearobjects (_this select 1))
}

I thought this code to be so bloody useful in the now prominent and constant CQB setting we find ourselves within OA, how can I close all the doors. :p

That others may want it also; enjoy.

EDIT: We need a code snippets thread for things like this.

Edited by Rommel

It would be nice as it can be a pain finding the right bit of code, 4I was looking for a bit of code like that the other day.

Interesting, last night I was looking for a solution like that and here it is. :)

EDIT: We need a code snippets thread for things like this.

Well why you just don't create one then? :p

Thanks for the code Rommel, and I fully support the idea of snippets threads.

Make a code snippet thread, and link to it in your sticky FAQ thread :shine:

lol, On my mission lastnight I was placing all kinds of game logics to do this. Perfect timing. Now I can go clean it up with this code. Thank you much for sharing!

so umm heres a very noob question where would i put that code to close the doors, i just wanna add it into the domination map, for the main base and a little FOB i created for my group of guys?

i thoguth maybe there could be a place for this in the Biki as it seems a good community edited place to house it

i placed it in the init line of a invisable H, and it seems to only close the single doors...I put it in the mine by Farad Adad, and the big garage and cargo container doors stayed ope, buy the single doors on the house closed.

Amazing, I come onto the forum thinking it could take 2-3 hours to learn how to write ninety pages of BIS script to close doors and instead I find this in less than 10 seconds.

KUDOS TO YOU ROMMEL! <3 lol

I tried to use this script with both an invisible H and a trigger but with no luck.

I have the code saved as "door.sqf" and saved it in the init file. in the init (for the H) and/or in the on act (for the trigger) i put "null = [this] execVM "doors.sqf"; no dice, I also took the "[]" off "this", no dice. Its going to be something really stupid I'm sure, as I'm all thumbs with this stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Its on the Zargabad map if that makes a difference.

all i did was copied the code rigt into the init line of the invis H and it works, just doens't close double-sided doors for me atleast

I placed in gameLogic and it closes every single door within the radius. This includes the double wooden doors at the Zargabad market area.

Odd I've placed the code in a gamelogic and H and nothing not a single door closes.

Well it does work but not on the first lot of doors I tried it on, it seems not to work on barracks or control tower doors or older Arma2 buildings.

It seemsto close the door on some buildings it's _b animate ["dvere" + str _i,0] not _b animate ["dvere" + str _i,1] even then I still find doors that aren't working with the script but will work manually.

Edited by F2k Sel

Anyone know the door anims for the long barrack objects (mil_barracks_i.p3d) found at the Utes airport?

Never mind, found it. "Door_01". All thanks to Arma1 config explorer :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Thank you for this Rommel, you're a life saver. And thank you as well CarlGustaffa for finding that barracs door anim. It was driving me crazy :)

Just be careful opening and closing doors, if you quit a game while the doors are in transition they will fail to operate again until a new map is loaded.

This had been fixed in the latest beta patches.

Awesome. :)

And someone make a snippets thread right away! It would probably be the most popular thread in this section. :D

hate to bring up an old thread, i just wanted to say thank you, this is an amazing and easy to use script! :) hope it works in MP