Mission Control Center Sandbox (MCC Sandbox). MOD Version (SP/MP Vanila/ACE)
So what is MCC Sandbox exactly?
It is freedom. In this 2MB addon you'll find the power to create, control, alter and spice your missions on the run. You'll have the power to change and surprise your friends every time you'll play. You can use it a mainframe for mission making, as a strain test tool for mission making or even as a cheat tool for SP.
You'll get a 3D editor, box generator, time control, weather control, fog control, you'll spawn enemy or friendly units asking them to patrol a zone or ambush the players, you'll call for paratroops, create IED, suicide bombers, hostile civilians, place ambushes, call a UAV, a ULB, place a hostage, call for more then 10 types of artillery and CAS missions to aid your friend or to harm them, create triggers, play music or sound, create briefings, tasks, markers, spawn an LHD , spawn some vehicles on it, call for evac, start a HALO and much much much more. You'll be able to save it and load it on later on the run.
As Spirit put it in his own words:
MCC is a dynamic, real time, in-game mission-creation tool. It enables people to build missions on-the-fly whilst in game and change mission parameters to match the reactions of progress of the players.
MCC is capable of "saving" a mission and load it up on the server without using any FTP but by simple use of the clipboard. This means missions can be created out of the dedicated server and loaded up to play.
From inside the mission, you can open a mission making interface that allows you place units on the map, create waypoints and briefing markers, call in CAS missions, artillery, support or whatever you feel like, the possibilities are endless.
MCC is used to create both Coop and PVP missions. Its capable of using respawn on and off, including providing a spectator script.
MCC makes use of a mission maker. Only one person at a time is capable of creating or interfering with the mission by login in to the mission making tool. That person is also capable of logging out again and giving somebody else a go on mission making. That way you don't need to distribute admin access for players to make or manage their missions.
Did you guys make all of this yourself?
No, by all means we would be totally grey an bold. We used, with permission, a lot of good content from the community. We also used a lot of work from our self of course. Initially this project was started by Spirit and slowly went into combined effort with me. As said before I'm standing on the shoulders of giants.
1. Spirit for creating it and guiding me through.
2. Monsada, for his UPSMON script.
3. Mandoble, for his heliroute script.
4. Tuskan Raider, for his Arresting gear script.
5. Bon for his Advanced Artillery Request script.
6. DTM2801 for his Convoy Control Script.
7. TiGGA for his ILS Pro II.
8. iOnOs for his RTE.
9. Sickboy, Vking without them there was no MCC.
11. Ollem for helping developing and expanding MCC.
11. An endless list of people we forgot
Basically all you have to do is run the mod and you'll get a "mission generator" action in the action menu on every single or multiplayer mission.
If you want to confine which players or roles can access MCC you can do it by placing the MCC sandbox module in the 2d editor.
Then you can either sync units to it, only those units will have the MCC access, or you can set a variable to the module with the name of the players which have access to the module.
If you want to let anyone access to MCC just don't put the module.
How do I install this?
MCC is a mod, it's required CBA for it to work. Just drop the @mcc_sandbox folder in the ArmA folder and use a launcher or the BIS addon selecting tool to run it. Place the bikey file in the keys folder.
ACE is strongly recommended as some features are exclusive to ACE, but MCC will work without it.
How do I use this?
Well once you'll start a mission, any mission you'll have mission generator action in the action menu. Just click it.
You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kar8h9e4dmu6ik8/%40mcc_sandbox.rar - Dropbox mirror
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15546&a=dl -Armaholic Mirror
Dva1gtmNLJU cEVa-51N-00 ZSefB9YpaHw wfe3Juv3lzA
Tutorial video links:
- Tutorial by Zdiddy
- Tutorial part 1
- Tutorial part 2
- Tutorial part 3
- Tutorial part 4
- IED module tutorial
- Constuction module tutorial
- High Command tutorial
- Some features
- Som more featuresOld MCC mission thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112854&highlight=mcc
----------- Reserved for further info --------MCC mod r.11 change log:
- Load/save mission config changed to allow restore in latest 1.62 beta's
(To Do: writing config to arma logfile in case dedicated server config should be saved)
- automatic Suunto open/close for both HALO paradrops if AceEnabled
- automatic viewdistance increase/reduction during HALO jump
- old mcc config (based on mod) should load successfully too
- HALO parastart -> up to 18 SF should fit in C130 now
- jumpmaster for HALO Parastart
- Gunrun improved - should work in most cases now
- Gunrun works for nearly all CAS planes/choppers now
- 2 new 'logic modules':
1st module: allows to disable Teleport at start: if placed units will not be auto teleported to start location - which is usefull in case of combination of pre-edited mission file which e.g. places sniper team already at right location.
2nd module: when placed will always enable Teleport To Team - usefull for training missions
- modified the SF dependent code to be more flexible: any unit who's name starts with sf.. is considered SF (so now even SF20 is considered SF. (and same for UnderCover: any unit who's name starts with UC..)
- included option to have HALO start location based on sync to MCC SF module rather then being dependent on only name.
- Headless Client support: zones, UPSMON, 3d editor, FPS display
- Finally found a way to completely get rid of nearly all the STR_DOC error messages in the rpt
- MCC GUI shows feedback current mission date and time
- MCC GUI shows feedback current viewdstance