Jump to content

tonygrunt

Member
  • Content Count

    980
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Medals

  • Medals

Posts posted by tonygrunt


  1. @dogz:It was with the 1.04 version non beta, so there was the cd checking time. With beta version and "-world=empty" the times are 5 secs for the vertex, 9 secs for the raptor.

    I personally see differences in load times in MP against others, when a mission is selected I'm almost always first in the lobby to green up :).


  2. @ 1longtime

    Could you test arma2 loading time from desktop to main menu with both disks?That would be much more helpful than benchmarks.

    Did the test on my setup 2*Vertex120G vs 2*WD RaptorX 150G both in Raid0. Startup parameters were "-winxp -nosplash".

    20 sec with the vertex vs 31 sec with the raptor.


  3. I had a similar problem, where I got constant desync and my bandwidth with the server would never go above 100-120.

    The fault was with my router and its DOS attack protection. Closing the UDP flood protection solved it.

    Also, in my router when the problem occurred it reported in its log that a UDP flood has been detected in various IPs with the ports used in ArmA2.


  4. System specs:

    Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz (HT off)(4.2GHZ with turbo on)

    MSI Eclipse SLI Motherboard

    12GB Corsair Dominator @ 1600

    2 x MSI 285 GTX 1GB Superpipe OC SLI (Factory OC 680,1476,1250)

    Creative X-Fi Titanium

    30 GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Windows 7 x64

    RAID0: 2 x 120GB OCZ Vertex SSD - Games Install

    RAID0: 2 x 150GB Western Digital 'RaptorX' @ 10k RPM - Users,My Documents,Temporary

    Nvidia Control Panel Settings:

    Phys X = Disabled

    SLI= Enabled

    Ambient Occlusion = ON

    AF = Application Controlled

    Antialiasing Gama Correction = ON

    Antialiasing Mode = Application Controlled

    Antialiasing Setting = Application Controlled

    Antialiasing Transparency = OFF

    Texture Clamp = USE Hardware

    Max Pre-Rendered Frames = 8

    Multi Display/Mixed GPU acceleration = Single Display Performance Mode

    Power Management = Max Performance

    SLI Performance Mode = NVIDIA recommended

    Texture Filtering = OFF

    Texture Filtering Negative LOD = Clamp

    Texture Filtering Quality = Quality

    Texture Filtering Tilinear Optimization = ON

    Threaded Optimization = ON

    Triple Buffering = ON

    V-Sync = Force OFF

    ArmA2 Settings:1680*1050, 100% fillrate,AA off,PP low,Ram default,rest normal

    I have been running my memory @ 1333 from the start due to stability reasons but wanting to get some more performance from ArmA2 I decided to overclock it @1600. I have closed almost 12 hours testing and trying to stabilize my pc and I get some very strange results.

    The only thing I have been changing are voltages and ram timings, the cpu overclock is and always was the same.

    First try:

    1.jpg

    I don't remember what i had before the ram overclock but i think it was around 7K. Before in test5 my FPS were around 45.

    After some time the pc started freezing. Back to bios playing with voltages and timings and its stable again.

    Second try:

    2.jpg

    Wtf!! CPU overclock the same, ram overclock the same, only voltages and timings changed.

    Some time later pc became unstable again and back to bios.

    Third try:

    4.jpg

    And here are the end results:bounce3:

    This was the highest but I have 3 same results screengrabbed (8282.32 , 8281.55 , 8227.2)

    I'm no expert in overclocking and most of the changes I made are by trial and error. If anyone has an idea what's happening please share.

×