*** UPDATE v1.1 ***
NEW VERSION AVAILIABLE!
The links have been updated. The documentation also reflects changes in 1.1.
- Automatically set up your project folder structures
- Fast create blueprint cross
- Easy unit scale sync with O2 simply 1:1 import
- Fast and easy bake of Ambient Occlusion and diffuse colors
- A super fast an efficient way of generating named selections, storing lists of named selections for re-use or exchange, sequential naming etc.
- Create memory LODs straight in max and then easily assign mem points as rotation axis for objects to preview animations without ever exiting max.
- Export your memory LODs to O2 with proper names (redundant in 1.1)
- Link up you object and set up you bone structure
- Generate complex model.cfg files based on your model straight in max within minutes!
New in 1.1:
- Manage LODs
- Create materials (rvmats) and preview them in the viewport
- EXPORT TO p3D STRAIGHT AWAY !!!
- overhauled model.cfg generator.
DOWNLOAD (1.1) : http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/download/ArmA2ToolBox_1.1.rar
UPDATE: Patch 1 (for v 1.1) fixes some errors caused by trying to export improperly prepared modes to p3d. http://sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/ArmAToolBox_1.1_patch1.rar
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DOCUMENTATION WITH DEMOS: http://www.sparrowstudio.net/armavdv/toolbox/
SOME TUTORIAL VIDEOS CAN ALSO BE SEEN HERE: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78083
Armaholic mirror patch 1 for 1.1 (requires 1.1 to be installed):
- Modding Toolbox for 3ds Max - Patch 1
Armaholic mirror v1.1:
- Modding Toolbox for 3ds Max v1.1
I strongly recommend to read through the documentation and watch the 60+ mins of demonstrations. Note: model.cfg video isn't uploaded yet.
testedc on 2010 64/32bit, 2009 32/64 bit but theoretically should work with ver 9. min. for sure with 2008.
1. When I run the script I instantly get an error message about a button.
The toolbox only work with 3dsmax versions 9 or higher. No support for earlier versions. Do not ask if a downgraded version is being developed. It's not because of the sheer amount of stuff that would need to be taken out, it wouldn't be a toolbox anymore.
2. When I export to p3d the models in O2 are not the right size
Work in meters, with the right dimensions.
3. When I export to p3d I get an error: Mesh operation on a Non-mesh object: Blabla" (In v 1.1 with patch 1 you get a warning.)
Make sure that all geometry that you want to export in converted to Editable Poly. Also make sure that there is no non-geometry objects (cameras, lights etc.) in the LODs that you want to export.
Restart the toolbox after fixing. Next version will include a warning.
4. It exports fine but when I try to load it in O2 it says Unable to load file. (In v 1.1 with patch 1 you get a warning.)
Make sure that your geometry is consistent of only triangles and quads. N-sided polygons are not supported by O2. Check things like cylinder tops etc. Better warning will be built in in next version.
5. When I check off Save Materials or Save Texture and export I get an error in max and the export is aborted. (In v 1.1 with patch 1 this is fixed.)
When you use this option make sure that ALL geometry that you are trying to export has at least one of the shaders applied as stated in the video. Silly bug, will be fixed. Meanwhile if you need to export untextured stuff just dont check off the boxes.
This software is provided as is with no USER WARRANTY.
THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM CAUSED BY THIS SOFTWARE, BE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER OR MODELING SKILLS.
The package is free of use for non-commercial projects and may be redistributed freely as long as the contents remain the same.
It is prohibited to modify the software in any way. For further questions please contact vorobiev.a.j[at]gmail[dot]com
I will grant commercial licenses for FREE but in return all I ask is that the user/organisation/group contact me at vorobiev.a.j[at]gmail[dot]com for it. Untill such a request is received the toolset is still under the non-commercial rule.
Special thanks to:
Enjoy and happy modding :)
MIRRORS (1.0 version):