Jump to content

Kaas298

Member
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Medals

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Kaas298

  • Rank
    Rookie
  1. Okay. so it's still not working but I have a few ideas whats happening (big maybe). in the FC.cfg file I switched forcedDifficulty to "CustomDifficulty". at first it seemed that it had worked, but i realize now it's using the default settings for CustomDifficulty. not the ones I have inputted. setting CustomDifficulty to "Custom" gives me different settings but still not the ones I want. I fiddled with both the forcedDifficulty parameter and the name of the class in the Player.Arma3profile for difficulty now and havent really made much of a breakthrough. The settings I've been checking for to see if it is working are: Thirdperson = 1 crosshair = 1 extendedmapcontent = 0 With forcedDifficulty set to "CustomDifficulty" I get: Thirdperson = 1 crosshair = 1 extendedmapcontent = 1 With any other value in forcedDifficulty (including "Custom") I get: Thirdperson = 0 crosshair = 0 extendedmapcontent = 0 So I don't think it's reading the Player.Arma3profile but I do think it is reading a profile which has setting listed under the "CustomDifficulty" class. I just don't know where to find that...
  2. Noted, Thank you. it says in the wiki that -profiles is broken but not -named. sorry about the response time, had a hardware problem with server and had to set it aside for the better part of a month.
  3. Thanks for the reply Dedmen! You've given me a bit more insight into the issue than I had before. Like I said I pretty much stole the profiles format straight from the wiki. I'll make some changes and play around with when I get a chance.
  4. Ok, I've struggled with this for awhile now and am pretty sure my issue is something small that I'm just not seeing. I just want some fresh eyes to look over my work and tell me what they see. The issue is that my custom difficulty settings don't seem to take. The server comes up fine, people can join, and mods are working great. But I can't get my FCserver.Arma3Profile to be read by the game (I think). When ever I start a mission on custom difficulty I get a default template instead of my settings. This is a Linux server (Ubuntu 18.10) Startup Script: ./arma3server -config=FC.cfg -name=FCserver "-mod=mods/@ace;mods/@ace_compat1;mods/@ace_compat2;mods/@ace_c... File path to Arma Server: gameserver/server/arma File path to Arma 3 - Other Profiles / Arma 3 folders: gameserver/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles gameserver/.local/share/Arma 3 Inside Arma 3 - Other Profiles is the FCserver folder it contains 2 files and 1 folder: FCserver.Arma3Profile <--- (To my understanding this is the difficulty file) FCserver.vars.Arma3Profile <---(Don't know what this does) Saved <--- (Folder with some steam stuff in it) The FCserver.Arma3Profile was generated by the server automatically, then edited by me (I stole it from the community wiki). FCserver.Arma3Profile: FC.cfg: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Thank you for reading this, overall I've spent the better part of 3 weeks banging my head on this. I am so sure that it's gonna be something incredibly small. I will answer any questions you have for me.
×