All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Afgan0r

Screamer on kill

I think, using the solution above I will be able to not use try/catch.
  3. Afgan0r

Screamer on kill

I use this for situation when you kill yourself with respawn or grenade or something else. In this situation _killer is not defined so i get exception and i can't check it with isNil because variable have number type and isNil don't work with numbers (isNull don't work too).
  4. Kuljack

Ammo

I’ve addressed this in a prior post as well. It’s especially frustrating when you find the stash with an ADR and A1/Pura but cannot use them that match if you want to retain the ammo for later. Ammo isn’t to expensive to craft but it is unfortunate to lose ammo that you don’t use.
  5. Thanks you the agent does work. Weird how that fixes the name issue would have honestly never of thought that. Again thanks everyone for quickly solving this issue for me.
  6. killzone_kid

Screamer on kill

try in sqf does not do what you think
  7. Spawn AIs in the same group or use agents
  8. killzone_kid

getMarkerSize for findSafePos

getMarkerSize returns array of numbers, read wiki
  9. @wogz187, @pierremgi Updated my first post to better explain
  10. @pierremgiWithin my scripts civilian life is spawned/de-spawned along with players' distances. But when the mission starts i spawn AI in every town to get their information like their name and then delete them. Then when the player gets within range of the town the AI will spawn in based on the data gather at the beginning of the mission. This is also the same data the scanner uses. I will try making large groups but still think its something to do with the names generated for AI when they spawn in.
  11. @devildog664 @pierremgi, So make groups of civilians instead of individual units. Perhaps each town has 2-3 groups of known occupants. It totally makes sense and it's a cool idea.
  12. That seems due to the hard coded limitation for nbr of groups on each side (see notes). As civilians are not grouped (by default), you create one group for each of them. Usually, civilian life is spawned/de-spawned along with players' distances.
  13. Today
  14. We are not naming the civilians i need to get the random names ai spawn with to make persistent AI. So example a civilian named Jon doe is logged at this town so when ever i come back to that town i get the ai data and names of ai who live there then spawn a civilian named Jon doe. Each town depending on its size has about 10-25 civilians that live there. The overall goal of this is because im making a bio metric scanner. Within the scanner you are able to look up names of civilians and get information on them. This all works and is really cool but unfortunately after 288 names it craps out. I hope that makes sense i feel like im bad at explaining these things. @wogz187
  15. @devildog664, Why are we naming all the civilians?
  16. Ill explain this as short as i can. So i have a script that spawns AI civilians at each town (One town at a time) get their name (using name _Unit) and other information and then logs it into a data array and then finally removes the units. This repeats for every valid location and needs to be done at the start of the mission to mostly get the name of the civilian but also other info as well. The problem is after 288 spawns the ai seem to run out of names so their names become "Error: No Vehicle" even though they do successfully spawn. My question is there a way to clear all names so they can just start to reuse them or something along the lines of that? Better explanation. Process of events. 1. Mission starts 2. A town location is selected 3. A number of AI will spawn 4. Data from that AI just spawned will get gathered and logged 5. AI is deleted 6. Repeat steps 2-5 until all towns are done 7. Player get close to town and AI Spawn in based on logged data in step 4 Everything works perfect if the ai number is below 288. Once ai spawns hit 288 using the name command will return "Error: No Vehicle". How does one get around this.
  17. Cry2yourMoM

Ammo

I think I’ve seen it posted before, not sure. Just recently played a game where most of my loot was ammo. I fully loaded my clip on my guns, dropped all ammo for those guns. Picked up and maxed my slots with good ammo. Returned to shelter and lost all ammo loaded in my guns, but kept all good ammo. I can join and leave an encounter without shooting a single round and keep all ammo loaded and inventory. might have to do with an all ammo pack. Not sure
  18. Godis_1

Kujari: PMC ops

This looks badass!! Waiting patiently for a release :) Or if you need more testers, I'm willing to join ;)
  19. beno_83au

Kujari: PMC ops

This is looking pretty good. Can't wait to get a few mates on and have a go at it.
  20. Yesterday
  21. BKOben

Arma 3 doesn't start

Also having this issue.
  22. warflak

Community Factions Project

As a followup, can we hope to see Iran and pre-2003 Iraq on opposing sides, a la 1980s?
  23. This script shows how to use an eventHandler to reduce damage to specific parts of an AI unit. Read this and see how it works. Once you understand that, look at this script I used on a vehicle to reduce damage taken by a vehicle (same principle): // handleBoatDamages.sqf // dummy = [boat1] execVM "Scripts\handleBoatDamages.sqf"; /* diag_log ["getAllHitPointsDamage boat1",getAllHitPointsDamage boat1];diag_log ["getAllHitPointsDamage player",getAllHitPointsDamage player]; ["HitBody","HitEngine","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun","HitTurret","HitGun"], ["hull","engine","","","","","","","",""], [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]]] */ _u = _this select 0; _u addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", { private ["_return"]; _unit = _this select 0; _selection = _this select 1; _passedDamage = _this select 2; _source = _this select 3; _projectile = _this select 4; _oldDamage = 0; _bodyMultiplier = .01; _engineMultiplier = 0.005; _otherMultiplier = 0.01; _overAllMultiplier = 0.005; switch (_selection) do { case("hull"): { _oldDamage = _unit getHitPointDamage "HitBody"; _return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _bodyMultiplier); }; case("engine"): { _oldDamage = _unit getHitPointDamage "HitEngine"; _return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _engineMultiplier); }; case("fuel"): { _oldDamage = _unit getHitPointDamage "HitFuel"; _return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _otherMultiplier); }; case(""): { _oldDamage = damage _unit; //_return = _oldDamage + ((_passedDamage - _oldDamage) * _overAllMultiplier); _return = _oldDamage; }; default{}; }; _return }]; I ran this script on a boat to make it tougher to destroy. You can tweak this to work for you most likely. Good luck.
  24. I would try putting at least one intermediate waypoint in the water between the 2 shores, putting group in FILE formation, and running this on the ai before they cross: { _x disableAI "FSM"; } foreach units group LeaderOfTeamThatIsSwimming; Disabling FSM tends to make units ignore formation and move directly to next point. Not sure if that will work well with swimming or not. If the above doesn't work, I would give each ai in the group a moveTo command when they are on starting shore, to a point on ending shore. This would have them move independently from the group. You can have a trigger on the ending shore that has them return to formation once they all have crossed. That should work, as they each unit will be pathing independently (like the leader does who you say actually makes it to the other side). You may need to disableAI "FSM" for this approach also.
  25. EvLoka

Arma 3 doesn't start

Same problem. I just bought this game, clean install. Tried verifying files. Tried deleting battleye, re-installing it. Tried running game, launcher, and battleye as administrator. Tried restarting everything. I use Battleye with a bunch of other games (ARK, Atlas, Escape from Tarkov, etc) with no issues.
  26. Thank you @engima! I'll give it a try using uiSleep. I have absolutetly no problems with the slots, so that might be unrelated to this topic I guess. Anyway, if sleep is not working for JIP, a lot of things I usually do, I will not be able to port to dedicated servers, which is a real bumer for me. We need more people testing this, to see if this is indeed a bug, or we just don't know enough.
  27. Hi I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to get an AI squad to cross a short distance by swimming? I believe the distance would not be more than 60-70 meters maybe a little bit more. Right now only the squad leader takes a swim; the rest of the squad just sits at the shoreline looking dumb lol. If I can't figure out a way I may have to scrap and delete three missions I've worked on and chose a different location. Every time I come up with an idea I'm hindered by the inability of the AI to do anything. I'm frustrated and disappointed that the AI can't swim or cross bridges. If anyone has an idea I'd appreciate it thanks!
  1. Load more activity